Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Imagine Bournemouth Stuff up tonight

How galling that late leveller could prove.

Honestly can''t see them slipping up but who knows in this league!

Boro have the useless Brighton on the last day and are likely to secure 3rd spot at least.

That leaves us 4th and a place against Scum provided they overcome Blackburn. I can actually see a draw there and them getting 6th on goal difference to Brentford which would leave us Derby County.

Looking back at our games this season, we have been comfortably better than them both in our 4 games against them this season. I''d fancy us over either of them and then we''d have a likely final against Boro where i''d have them as favourites unfortunately.

I always felt that this was a potential banana skin fixture for Bournemouth tonight and then away at Charlton in their last game. The annoying thing is that there would have been more reason for the Bournemouth players to be nervous and tense this evening had we held on for a win at Rotherham. I know I should "move on" but I am still hacked off that we couldn''t hold on for the win last Saturday because had we done so I do think we would have gained auto promotion.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If Bournemouth lose tonight, Boro will be kicking themselves more than us......they had a point in their hands at Fulham until they sent the keeper up for a corner..[/quote]

Just seen the table actually. Why on earth did they do that? They were going second as it was!

[quote user="alartz"]Then they will have to stuff up again Saturday along with boro[/quote]The point is - and I know its wishful thinking - is that if they do stuff up tonight, they will have done it twice in a row - last time against SheffWed and tonight.  That would make their away final match on Saturday much more pressurised.  Boro.........well a Hughton style 0-0 would be quite welcome there.....

It looks as though you can rely on Bournemouth winning both of their games and Boro winning their remaining match.But then again, there are millions of things that you can rely on day after day until suddenly they become unreliable and there are an awful lot of fat ladies around who aren''t singing yet.

Bournemouth will beat Bolton who have second worst away record according to Sky.

Boro will beat Brighton who cannot score.

City 4th to play 5th who looks to be Derby who have conceded 7 goals to poor teams in last two games. But will beat a poor Reading. Ipswich need to beat Blackburn which seems unlikely to finish 5th.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]If Bournemouth lose tonight, Boro will be kicking themselves more than us......they had a point in their hands at Fulham until they sent the keeper up for a corner..[/quote]

Unfortunately, running all that way must have given him a touch of cramp thus making it impossible to stop the winning goal. How sad!

[quote user="pete"]Bournemouth will beat Bolton who have second worst away record according to Sky.

Boro will beat Brighton who cannot score.

City 4th to play 5th who looks to be Derby who have conceded 7 goals to poor teams in last two games. But will beat a poor Reading. Ipswich need to beat Blackburn which seems unlikely to finish 5th.[/quote]

If Ipswich lose away at Blackburn and Brentford beat Wigan then they will be on the same points so it would then come down to goal difference as to who qualifies for the play-offs. Ipswich GD currently 3 better than Brentford''s so likely to be a tight run thing.

If, if if.... If this, if that...Best to wait to the final whistle of tonight''s match really [:)]

The Borough result has done us as much damage as the WBA result did to us last season.It therefore looks like play-offs.Could easily have been better and that awful winless run unde NA has finall cost us.We have to be up fo it in the play-offs. The Ippo fans are boasting with confidence and expect to beat us. We''ll see.Class will tell in the end.

Bournemouth won''t lose tonight, they are at home and have a good home record, Bolrton are rubbish away from home.

And you can put money on Callum Wilson going down in the box and getting a pen if they need one, he''s class at that skill

It''s good that we want Bournemouth to lose tonight so we can be extra angry about our failure to obtain automatic promotion, and not so we can still look forward to the slim possibility of possibly achieving it.

Bolton are playing well. Can''t see Bournemouth losing this. Mind you, I said that about us two Fridays ago !!

Bournemouth deserve to go up,if I''m honest. Saturday afternoon will seem pointless if Bournemouth do go up tonight, tho.