Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Hungry for promotion

Hope our boys are watching this game tonight. This is what a team is like with the appetite (and discipline) to gain promotion. See any comparisons with us?

I see no comparison between their fans and your constant moaning, I know besting and quite honestly ridiculously defeatist posting on here....

That ''team'' you are watching tonight will be relegated by February. Collecting about 20 points all season.

Everybody making them out to be something they really ain''t.

[quote user="alartz"]That ''team'' you are watching tonight will be relegated by February. Collecting about 20 points all season.

Everybody making them out to be something they really ain''t.[/quote]........but is n''t that the case with all promoted sides alartz (with few exceptions)...including ourselves!

[quote user="Derby Canary"][quote user="alartz"]That ''team'' you are watching tonight will be relegated by February. Collecting about 20 points all season.

Everybody making them out to be something they really ain''t.[/quote]........but is n''t that the case with all promoted sides alartz (with few exceptions)...including ourselves![/quote]Who is ''ourselves''?

Believe it or not I think he''s one of ours Herman. I wondered if it was a binner on the wind. It takes all sorts....

Is their a word for people that revel in their own, and others, misery?! (Other than swear words[:D])

''that team'' that we beat with 10 men. However, you deserve to finish where you finish, for them that''ll either be 1st or 2nd, well deserved. Unfortunately we''ve only got into gear since that very Bournemouth game. We''ve done really well to pull it back to even having a chance at the auto''s, what will be will be...i''m sure i can find some other clichés later

Listening to R5L coverage last night a constant theme was the importance of  all pulling together for the success of the club. Sorry to say that sort of togetherness has been sorely lacking at Carrow Road. Too many City fans seem to think they have some kind of entitlement to PL football. Alex Neil put his finger on it straight away and he wasn''t referring just to an attitude among the players.

The issue is less one of entitlement and more one of making strategic decisions that maximise the chance of success. We had the players capable of achieving automatic promotion. What was lacking was a manager. We''re in the lottery now, let''s hope our number comes up.

Hunger comes from the top of the club. McNasty and the Stowmarket 2 lost their hunger along time ago is it little wonder their employees feel the same way

Sorry to be a bit negative, but I am not confident going into play-offs, we have not performed very good on the big stage , since I have been a fan of NCFC (since 1987)... Just remember the FA cup semi-finals in 89 and 1992...the play off debacle against Birmingham in 2002,... Wouldn''t mind to play scum first though...

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry to be a bit negative, but I am not confident going into play-offs, we have not performed very good on the big stage , since I have been a fan of NCFC (since 1987)... Just remember the FA cup semi-finals in 89 and 1992...the play off debacle against Birmingham in 2002,... Wouldn''t mind to play scum first though...[/quote]

Why was the play-off game against Birmingham a ''debacle''?

Also, since 1987 we''ve also done well on some big stages, you don''t even have to think very hard to remember them, go on give it a try.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Sorry to be a bit negative, but I am not confident going into play-offs, we have not performed very good on the big stage , since I have been a fan of NCFC (since 1987)... Just remember the FA cup semi-finals in 89 and 1992...the play off debacle against Birmingham in 2002,... Wouldn''t mind to play scum first though...[/quote]

Also, since 1987 we''ve also done well on some big stages, you don''t even have to think very hard to remember them, go on give it a try.

[/quote]

Play off Final was a debacle because we cocked it up or rather Wiorthington did..To this day I can''t believe he made substitutions at a corner to Birmingham, when the ball came over the defence was in a complete mess. Plus however much I admired Sutch for having the bottle to take a penalty surely there were far better players that should have stepped up, did we even practice them ?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I always hear this.

When you sign for Norwich does it say in the contract ''you must perform badly in big events'' no it doesn''t. Every season is different.

We are going up

[/quote]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]The issue is less one of entitlement and more one of making strategic decisions that maximise the chance of success. We had the players capable of achieving automatic promotion. What was lacking was a manager. We''re in the lottery now, let''s hope our number comes up.[/quote]Success? I''d say the club has been brilliantly successful since DM came in and the rebuilding started. You lot sound just like disgruntled Arsenal supporters! If we were in Arsenal''s position you''d still be grumbling and holding up banners saying "Sack Wenger, Kroenke Out".