Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

I support Norwich City or perhaps it's Watford? Could you forget who you support?

I''m sure it will be all sorted out with Cameron prominent at the FA Cup Final, drinking Fosters Lager and swirling his jacket around his head if Villa wins.  That should restore his "man of the people" rating in the eyes of some Tory spin monkey.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m sure it will be all sorted out with Cameron prominent at the FA Cup Final, drinking Fosters Lager and swirling his jacket around his head if Villa wins.  That should restore his "man of the people" rating in the eyes of some Tory spin monkey.
[/quote]I doubt that he will bother. The Cup final is after the election and as he has already said he won''t stand for a third term he can do whatever he wants if he wins this time. More likely to see him foxhunting than footballing!

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s one of those pointlessly idiotic questions empty headed reporters ask empty suit politicians that has nothing to do with running the country. Reporters hoping for a "gotcha" moment; politician tries to give a nonanswer lest he lose votes from supporters of other teams, and in doing so, gifts the reporter his moment.[/quote]

Really? I thought he was making a speech that had been written earlier.

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="Herman "]See what I mean..[/quote]

Yeah, but...  [:D][/quote]

Thanks Quentin, that''s what I like: a sense of balance. They''re both a couple of knobbs, from highly priviliged backgrounds, completely out of touch with the reality of daily life for the vast majority of the population.

[quote user=" Badger"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]I''m sure it will be all sorted out with Cameron prominent at the FA Cup Final, drinking Fosters Lager and swirling his jacket around his head if Villa wins.  That should restore his "man of the people" rating in the eyes of some Tory spin monkey.
[/quote]I doubt that he will bother. The Cup final is after the election and as he has already said he won''t stand for a third term he can do whatever he wants if he wins this time. More likely to see him foxhunting than footballing![/quote]

You didn''t see Andrew Marr''s apology to Cameron yesterday then ?! The words literally stuck in his throat and he checked on them

Here''s Marr''s insincere apology, Snoots: [url]https://youtu.be/v-CHgcfcntc[/url]

For

several years it''s been obvious to people other than lefties in denial

that the BBC has been the broadcasting arm of the Labour Party - worse

now is that they don''t even try to hide their bias - they have plenty of

political researches who know exactly what they''re doing and yet yesterday we get Marrs apologising.

F*ck off with your insincere apology you jug-eared twot [:@]

I always find that people with right wing views feel that the BBC are left wing and people of the left, like me, feel that it leans to the right.
Funny how Nigel Farage accused the BBC of installing a left wing audience for his leaders debate only to discover they were hand picked by an independent organisation.
Based on your fair minded and tolerant assessment of the much admired Andrew Marr I reccon I could guess what your persuasion is Quentin......

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I always find that people with right wing views feel that the BBC are left wing and people of the left, like me, feel that it leans to the right.
Funny how Nigel Farage accused the BBC of installing a left wing audience for his leaders debate only to discover they were hand picked by an independent organisation.
Based on your fair minded and tolerant assessment of the much admired Andrew Marr I reccon I could guess what your persuasion is Quentin......
[/quote]

I''m pretty neutral when it comes to politics, but I am of the opinion that not only has the BBC become Salford/Northern Centric to an embarrassing degree (with Mrs ''ecky thoomp'' Bridges wheeled on to do the business news on Breakfast TV) but also obviously left wing and very definitely anti "Tory" and anti (perceived) "posh". Again, in the interests of balance, I think that the daily news should be read by someone with a broad norfolk accent and the weather forecast presented by a scouser.

The audience may have been picked by an independent organisation (ICM) but it has said that it chose the audience using the following party preference ratio:

Conservative 5

Labour 5

Lib Dem 4

Ukip 3

SNP 2

Green 2

Plaid 1.

Now I don''t want to be seen as an apologist for UKIP but I make that:

Right of centre: 8/22 or 36.4% (Conservative & UKIP)

Centre: 4/22 or 18.2% (Lib Dem)

Left of centre:10/22 or 45.5% (Labour, SNP, Green & Plaid).

Just saying ........

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I always find that people with right wing views feel that the BBC are left wing and people of the left, like me, feel that it leans to the right.
[/quote]If they upset both sides of the political fence then the Beeb must be doing something right[;)]

[quote user="woostercanary"]The audience may have been picked by an independent organisation (ICM) but it has said that it chose the audience using the following party preference ratio:

Conservative 5

Labour 5

Lib Dem 4

Ukip 3

SNP 2

Green 2

Plaid 1.

Now I don''t want to be seen as an apologist for UKIP but I make that:

Right of centre: 8/22 or 36.4% (Conservative & UKIP)

Centre: 4/22 or 18.2% (Lib Dem)

Left of centre:10/22 or 45.5% (Labour, SNP, Green & Plaid).

Just saying ........[/quote]That''s interesting Wooster - I didn''t know that. I would disagree with your identification of the Lib Dems as a centrist party. The Party has historically been centre-left but at present is in the hands of a smallish right wing clique of "Orange Book" liberals. many of their views are to the right of more traditional Tories.

I understand these figures were published in the Express, so not sure how reliable they are.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I always find that people with right wing views feel that the BBC are left wing and people of the left, like me, feel that it leans to the right.
[/quote]If they upset both sides of the political fence then the Beeb must be doing something right[;)][/quote]

But they don''t upset me Herman. As I said in my post, I support no political party at all, in fact I have a low opinion of all politicians, but my opinion as a neutral is that the BBC is most definitely left of centre.