Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

I support Norwich City or perhaps it's Watford? Could you forget who you support?

Could you really forget the name of the football team you supported? If you were a really very deeply cynical person, you could even believe he was insincere!

David Cameron blames ''brain fade'' for getting his football team wrong

Vote Aston Villa, get West Ham.

Hey David Cameron.. I''m off to see that football team I support this afternoon. Name escapes me.. they play in yellow... Watford?

Suggests Cameron doesn''t check the speeches written for him before he reads them out on autopilot [:|]

Imagine

this will make a lot of "and finally" bits of the news and whilst not a

serious gaffe suggests that Cameron is just a dodgy PR man trying to

flog something he doesn''t really believe in any more [:@]

Politicians are the scariest bunch of people you could find. The larger party politicians give the impression that they are incompetent, deceitful and even openly dishonest - anything to get one over on each other or to get votes.  At least some of the smaller parties have genuine and honest agendas, even if they wouldn''t have a clue if they got any real power.  Dogs'' breakfast of an election coming up, this one.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Politicians are the scariest bunch of people you could find. The larger party politicians give the impression that they are incompetent, deceitful and even openly dishonest - anything to get one over on each other or to get votes.  At least some of the smaller parties have genuine and honest agendas, even if they wouldn''t have a clue if they got any real power.  Dogs'' breakfast of an election coming up, this one.

[/quote]

Very true, ldc - A silly gaffe is one thing, but Ed Miliband blaming Cameron for the boat people is disgusting [:@]

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote]

Very true, ldc - A silly gaffe is one thing, but Ed Miliband blaming Cameron for the boat people is disgusting [:@][/quote]

Did he or are you just very misinformed?

LOS, I don''t want to get into a futile debate about this, because I was hoping this thread could stay light-hearted, but they had the speech live on 5 live. He said that Labour should bear some of the responsibility for what happened in Iraq after the invasion there and that the current government should take some of the blame for what has happened subsequently in Libya. It was a very sensible point about need to deal with the consequences of intervention and that if you intervene, you bear some of the responsibility for the consequences. this seems to me to be a legitimate point but as ever the real argument is not discussed. Consequences.

Back to "Villagate" ...

Understandable confusion by David Cameron, really. He likes claret, he likes blue, he likes villas and he''s made of ham.

Just shows politicians are full of it - the thing I don''t get is why he ever chose Villa.

Re: the other thing, the comments made were absolutely fine, it is the media reporting (aka spin) that is the issue

Laughable.  The self-styled "man of the people" is laid bare for what he is - a polished, groomed but empty vessel and the frontman for the landed gentry, the old school tie and the never-ending procession of privilege.
Let''s have another look at that squad photo, shall we?
[img]http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/images/uploads/blog-bullingdon-cameron.jpg[/img]
I''m pleased he can at least eat a bacon sandwich, though am assuming it would be more foie gras on ciabbatta.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"] Just shows politicians are full of it - the thing I don''t get is why he ever chose Villa. [/quote]Cameron supports Villa for the same sort of reason we all support our team - his Uncle* used to be Chairman of the club!* Sir William Dougdale

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Maybe he''s moved on from watching pro sports and he doesn''t really give it much thought any more. He is busy being Prime Minister after all. He''s got bigger fish to fry.[/quote]Nope, he''s simply a vacuous, rich-boy tw@!

Most people are "busy", Gopher, but they can still recall the name of the football team they support.  Or at least, if they can''t remember it, they don''t pick another team by accident.
Sometimes it is the innocuous question that gets the mask to slip.
I bet Ed Miliband is being grilled by his spin doctors at this moment.  "What team, Ed?" "What team, Ed?" "What team, Ed?"

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Maybe he''s moved on from watching pro sports and he doesn''t really give it much thought any more. He is busy being Prime Minister after all. He''s got bigger fish to fry.[/quote]Nope, he''s simply a vacuous, rich-boy tw@![/quote]As are Miliband & Clegg [:)]

[quote user="Herman "]Indeed, but Cameron has a far more punchable quality about him[:D][/quote]He has the face of a blancmange and a hens ars*-hole for a mouth [:)]

It''s one of those pointlessly idiotic questions empty headed reporters ask empty suit politicians that has nothing to do with running the country. Reporters hoping for a "gotcha" moment; politician tries to give a nonanswer lest he lose votes from supporters of other teams, and in doing so, gifts the reporter his moment.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s one of those pointlessly idiotic questions empty headed reporters ask empty suit politicians that has nothing to do with running the country. Reporters hoping for a "gotcha" moment; politician tries to give a nonanswer lest he lose votes from supporters of other teams, and in doing so, gifts the reporter his moment.[/quote]
Well, it worked in this case, didn''t it?
Any air of authenticity about Cameron''s "I support Villa" claim has well and truly been punctured.
So what else has been manufactured about his image?  Hmm - let''s see that Bullingdon photo again.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s one of those pointlessly idiotic questions empty headed reporters ask empty suit politicians that has nothing to do with running the country. Reporters hoping for a "gotcha" moment; politician tries to give a nonanswer lest he lose votes from supporters of other teams, and in doing so, gifts the reporter his moment.[/quote]Think about poor ol'' Farage and UKIP and the flak they''ve come under the last three months [:)]

[quote user="quentin fulcher"][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]It''s one of those pointlessly idiotic questions empty headed reporters ask empty suit politicians that has nothing to do with running the country. Reporters hoping for a "gotcha" moment; politician tries to give a nonanswer lest he lose votes from supporters of other teams, and in doing so, gifts the reporter his moment.[/quote]Think about poor ol'' Farage and UKIP and the flak they''ve come under the last three months [:)][/quote]Has he blamed his back problem on immigration yet?