Sign in to follow this  
Vicarage

Watford are now a Premier League team.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Watford, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham - sounds great eh?

Thanks in no small part to you of course.

Promoted with a game to spare. Now why does that sound familiar..?

Now I would be the first to congratulate Watford, they dont get the love-in that Bournemouth do, and dont play the dull, cheating brand of football that Borough do, but if I''dve just seen my team promoted I''d be either down the pub or dancing around my living room in jubilation.....? Out of the 3 I prefer Watford and think they deserve it but you rocking up on here 30 seconds later suggests you aren''t out celebrating your success with any friends, so Im happy to be in the playoffs for now, knowing I''ll at least be seeing the game with friends rater than commenting on an opposing teams fans forum throughout both games :)

Also, Watford dig out wins, regardless of how you played. That is the one thing we failed at for most of this season, I could reel off a list of games we have thrown points away

Hahahaha, f*ck you very much.

As it happens, I''m now firmly rooting for you - consider me a temporary canary.

This would be the Watford that don''t actually own many of their best players? And now have to buy them if they want them next season?

Speaking from experience it''s no fun getting thrashed regularly, stand by for Chelsea 7 Watford 0 trust me it''s not great.

I still think Watford are the weakest of the top 4 but they have goal scorers and are definitely the strongest mentally.

We have on our day the best individuals and the most balanced team but we''re fragile mentally, inconsistent, we''re a bit one dimensional in attack and very error prone

Middlesborough are the Chelsea of the league, tight defence (most of the time) with a lot of pace up front to counter but keep choking as they get near the top and work best as underdogs

Bournemouth are the best at moving the ball around and have a hungry team who are probably the most desperate to go up but they like us are inconsistent and can be stopped if the opposition sits back all game

No team deserved to run away with it this year but any one of them could have got promoted. Well done Watford, without a lot of changes I can see you getting eaten alive next year but you must be on a massive high right now, enjoy!

[quote user="mrs miggins"]They''ll have the money to buy them[/quote]Yeh but i bet the prices of all of them have more than doubled today.[;)]

I just hope Bournemouth slip up badly enough for you to get 2nd. Would be a perfect season. In that scenario would you be happy for Ipswich to go up so you''ve got a local derby?

Being a City fan from Watford i´ve probably watched more Watford games than this so called "Vicarage".  Always be my second team and good on ´em.  A medium sized family club much like ourselves who will always be destined to yo-yo about the top two divisions.Unfortunately the town that used to have its own character has turned into a mockneyfied London overspill full of lager swilling chavs. Enjoy toasting your success in the ´Spoons laddo.  

This idea that we don''t own our players is a complete myth. We''ve got them all on 5 year deals. In reality we''ll send a lot of them to Granada/Udinese and strengthen from the cream of the Pozzo''s pool of players (free of charge of course). The millions from the PL is earmarked solely for a handful of home-grown players we''ll need. And we''ve already got Deeney...

Well done Watford. Not sorry to see you go up at all.A good friend of mine at work is a Watford fan and i,m pleased for him as he,s had a crap year with health issues and deseves something to go his way this year.My sisters husband is also a Hornets fan. So some of the family are happy. (On the other hand all my wife''sfamily are Sunderland fans, so can,t see them being so happy). Just sorry we cant really make automatic promotion now. But gotta be glass half full. We will win playoffs and beat Ipswich ()again) on the way. Now thats a good season!

[quote user="Vicarage"]This idea that we don''t own our players is a complete myth. We''ve got them all on 5 year deals. In reality we''ll send a lot of them to Granada/Udinese and strengthen from the cream of the Pozzo''s pool of players (free of charge of course). The millions from the PL is earmarked solely for a handful of home-grown players we''ll need. And we''ve already got Deeney...[/quote]

Good luck you deserve to get promoted. I have a feeling the general level of improvement needed (obviously based on your performances in part against us) in your team is going to be beyond you next season to stay up, it''s going to take alot more than a few homegrown players and Deeney who i would see as a mid table third choice striker for most prem teams, but he may surprise me and take the league by storm next year, i just doubt it.

Completely deserved promotion for watford and Bournmouth will win on Monday to clinch their deserved spot in the top flight. Enjoy the ride but as fans that spent 3 seasons there it really isn''t that great, even though it''s where we a all want to be and this moment now is as good as it gets.

[quote user="Vicarage"]Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Watford, Liverpool, Tottenham - sounds great eh?[/quote]Sounds great if you''re a Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham fan - 6 easy points for each

I wonder if the board are celebrating Bassong''s contribution to Watford''s promotion. At one level you couldn''t make it up; at another level we deserve all what has befallen us given last summer''s decisions.

"thanks in no small part to you" ??

......didnt we beat you 3-0 both home and away?....we were far superior in both those games and are still a better team than you now.

Whilst you may have found that cheating you way around the dual/tri ownership rules has found players fro Udinese and Granada to be good enough to get out of this league.......players from Udinese and Granada will be a million miles away from keeping you in the Premiership.

down by Christmas

I was saving that Herman but, yes, we have been the author of our own misfortune. Let''s just hope our lottery number comes up. Otherwise, we will be able to reflect on the mistakes of the last two seasons for years to come.

I am sure you will help us reflect on our mistakes if we don''t go up. It''s something I, and indeed others, will be looking forward to.

[quote user="Vicarage"]Hahahaha, f*ck you very much.

As it happens, I''m now firmly rooting for you - consider me a temporary canary.[/quote]

I thought you were a binner on a wind up mission.

Good job you got the embarrasing shack replaced in time.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I wonder if the board are celebrating Bassong''s contribution to Watford''s promotion. At one level you couldn''t make it up; at another level we deserve all what has befallen us given last summer''s decisions.[/quote]

I have got to agree, it was a crazy loan.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="Vicarage"]Hahahaha, f*ck you very much.

As it happens, I''m now firmly rooting for you - consider me a temporary canary.[/quote]

I thought you were a binner on a wind up mission.

Good job you got the embarrasing shack replaced in time.[/quote]

To those who don''t know - the shack was the

dump (been like that for years) replaced by the new Sir Elton John Stand.