Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Last day of season scenario

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="canary_1902"]I''m far too tired after going to bleeding Rotherham and back today to look at this forum and start reading LDC''s blind blinkered overly optimistic bullshit.[/quote]Nothing optimistic in it in the slightest pal, just stating facts. Hope you had a good trip back.

[/quote]I did thanks mate. Hope the rest of the Yellow Army did too.I think you''re being overly optimistic personally. If we get top 2 I''ll buy you a pint at the first game we''re at next season!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Norwich beat Fulham                                                                     -  86 points      Bn''mth lose at Charlton having drawn with Bolton on Monday    -  85Middsbro draw with Brighton                                                        -  85Bn''mth are still favourites, but if their nerve goes.......Its not the play offs yet.

[/quote]A cunning plan Baldrick but sadly holed below the waterline in the first three words......[:(]

You say We failed to take advantage on 2 attempts. are you saying only norwich can do that B''mouth could not possible do that.are you a psychic and can see into the future if so buy a lottery ticket

I''m going to be willing Bolton on tonight.  We all know that things can get to you on a high expectation match - and this is Bn''mth''s biggest match of the season by far - and they failed to win last time out at home - and Bolton are no pushover.  I''m hoping for something like a 2-2 result again, with the tension getting to the Bn''mth players and crowd.  Anything but a win tonight and Bn''mth know they have a huge match that they have to win against Charlton away on Saturday.  The pressure is all on them.  Are they up to it?  Well they weren''t last week......

[quote user="lake district canary"]....... Anything but a win tonight and Bn''mth know they have a huge match that they have to win against Charlton away on Saturday.  The pressure is all on them.  Are they up to it?  Well they weren''t last week......

[/quote]I seem to remember the very same thing happened to the home team at Carrow Rd ten days ago.Clutch straws as much as you like LDC but we''re heading for the Play-Offs and nothing more.

[quote user="morty"]So, Lakey, hows this scenario panning out so far?[/quote]

We now have to look forward to his forthcoming play off scenario thread.  [:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]So, Lakey, hows this scenario panning out so far?[/quote]

We now have to look forward to his forthcoming play off scenario thread.  [:''(]

[/quote]

Yes, but he will be sprucing himself up in the mirror first....."look at me, look at me."

The only consolation is he will have to work particularly hard to insert a meaningful comment in regarding Chris Hughton. However, that''s never stopped him in the past.

Au contraire, there was every need. Maybe eventually you''ll realise there is a reason for the comments. It not sinking in yet at all?

[quote user="morty"]Au contraire, there was every need. Maybe eventually you''ll realise there is a reason for the comments. It not sinking in yet at all?[/quote]LDC and Old Tom Moore must have the same DNA.At least Tom realises he was on a hiding to nothing and has conveniently slid off the radar. [:D]

Not sure what''s wrong with clinging to hope. Without hope there is only despair and I would rather clutch straws, whilst at the same time not denying that I will still probably drown, than become a miserable, negative so and so. There was just a chance, albeit very slim indeed, that Bournemouth would not win last night, that both Middlesborough and Bournemouth would drop points on Saturday and we would win. Now that scenario has evaporated, I am allowing myself to hope that we can win the play-offs and still get promoted ..... or, is that scenario one that should be mocked and treated with contempt ?

[quote user="morty"]Au contraire, there was every need. Maybe eventually you''ll realise there is a reason for the comments. It not sinking in yet at all?[/quote]

Oh yes, I know the reasons alright - I''m not afraid to upset a few precious egos, that is the main reason. This thread stands scrutiny, whatever you and your hanger on Yankee would like people to think.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The thread holds up to no scrutiny at all - it was proved to be completely wrong after less than 12 hours.[/quote]Wrong??  There was nothing to be wrong about.  There were three result possibilities last night and that was the point of the thread, not to be seen as somehow "right".   It''s not a case of being "right" or "wrong",  just trying to see realties without being stuck with pre-conceived ideas about things.  Bn''mth won, I don''t suppose any of us are happy about that, but it wasn''t a foregone conclusion beforehand, however much people seemed to want it to be.....

Don''t see a problem with this thread...
Shame Bournemouth won, they''ve remained pretty calm and professional throughout the season. Of course, a penalty 1 in every 2 games does do wonders for a team!
At least we can enjoy Fulham with no pressure, and move onto the play-offs [:)]

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The thread holds up to no scrutiny at all - it was proved to be completely wrong after less than 12 hours.[/quote]

I''m probably missing something WHF but given that the thread was started on Saturday evening, and by the way shook a few of us out of our depression and re-ignited a little hope, where does the "less than 12 hours" come from ?

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]Apologies. I thought this thread was started yesterday.[/quote]

Fair enough WHF.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Now I didn''t suggest for one minute you were Wes Hooley. Some appear to be though. Just look around....[/quote]Apart from the minor triumph of getting one over on LDC I don''t think anyone on here is seriously glad that Bournemouth won.Perhaps we can agree that some on here are more realistic than others ?

[quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The thread holds up to no scrutiny at all - it was proved to be completely wrong after less than 12 hours.[/quote]

I''m probably missing something WHF but given that the thread was started on Saturday evening, and by the way shook a few of us out of our depression and re-ignited a little hope, where does the "less than 12 hours" come from ?[/quote]Blimey, if reading this thread gave you new hope and shook you out of depression then I think you need to go and sit in the "daft ar$e" corner with the OP.[;)]

This realism thing is as ridiculous as your claims that in secret people at the club agree with you!

I think my views are realistic and obviously because I''m right everyone secretly agrees with me....

WTF??

LOL ;)

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Snoots"][quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]The thread holds up to no scrutiny at all - it was proved to be completely wrong after less than 12 hours.[/quote]

I''m probably missing something WHF but given that the thread was started on Saturday evening, and by the way shook a few of us out of our depression and re-ignited a little hope, where does the "less than 12 hours" come from ?[/quote]Blimey, if reading this thread gave you new hope and shook you out of depression then I think you need to go and sit in the "daft ar$e" corner with the OP.[;)][/quote]

I was thoroughly dejected after we blew the very realistic opportunity of gaining automatic promotion with just minutes to go last Saturday afternoon but, yes, the realisation/reminder that there was still a chance, albeit very slim, of still achieving automatic promotion served to cheer me up just a little bit. Like I said earlier Morty, without hope there is only despair and the descent into becoming a morose, miserable, insult hurling old git. By the way, interested to see you have extended your abuse portfolio from just "cock" and "tw@tt" to include "daft ar$e". Impressive. I''m tempted to encourage you further to enhance your boorishness repertoire with a few choice gibes of my own but then I would be sinking to your moronic plateau and I''m not prepared to do that.