Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Last day of season scenario

Norwich beat Fulham                                                                     -  86 points      Bn''mth lose at Charlton having drawn with Bolton on Monday    -  85Middsbro draw with Brighton                                                        -  85Bn''mth are still favourites, but if their nerve goes.......Its not the play offs yet.

Good one LDC had not looked at it in that depth yet - I do think we are clutching at straws tho and can see Bournemouth doing the business on Mon - think we will do ok in the play offs tho if get Ipswich in a two leg affair think we will be too much for them and anyone''s game in the final

As an add on to my previous post cannot see Brighton doin anything whatsoever at Borough they as they just cannot score

Agree of course that play offs looks nailed on, but stranger things have happened in football. Last time we went up, it was thanks to Cardiff losing their collective nerve, so it can happen.  Bn''mth could blow it, especially if Bolton hold them to a draw on Monday. Hughton could get a 0-0 out of Middsbro if anyone can, so although unlikely, it could still get very interesting next week.  As for play offs - its a lottery whoever you get, so it is all about mental strength - and in that we are lucky - we have a manager who got to the premier league last season from the play offs, albeit the Scotticsh version - so he has form in play offs.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Norwich beat Fulham                                                                     -  86 points      Bn''mth lose at Charlton having drawn with Bolton on Monday    -  85Middsbro draw with Brighton                                                        -  85Bn''mth are still favourites, but if their nerve goes.......Its not the play offs yet.

[/quote]The I woke up.

Let me take the opportunity to state the obvious play offs are nailed on and City will be in them. Bolton have injuries to Centre Backs Bournemouth will win. And you''re nuts if you think Brighton will even score at Boro.

Its the play offs and the way our form is trailing off , no Grabban , Jerome a pale shadow of earlier in the season they will more than likely end in tears  .

[quote user="lake district canary"]We''ll see. Play offs are all but certain, but the fat lady hasn''t sung yet.

[/quote]She gave a great performance last friday week. You were deaf if you didn''t hear it.[;)]

Don''t underestimate the pressure Bn''mth will be under on Monday, especially bearing in mind their last home game. Fail to beat Bolton and anything can still happen on the last day.  A Brughton 0-0 and  a free from worry Charlton could give us hope.  Mind you we''ve got Fulham, so that isn''t a given.....

I do so love a Canary....

we weren''t good enough last week

we weren''t good enough today

and yet somehow B''mouth are going to fail to take advantage of two attempts at automatic and we all of a sudden will be good enough next week ?

I do so love a Binner.....

We weren''t good enough in August

We weren''t good enough in March

Yet somehow we will suddenly be good enough in the playoffs?

I''m far too tired after going to bleeding Rotherham and back today to look at this forum and start reading LDC''s blind blinkered overly optimistic bullshit.

[quote user="canary_1902"]I''m far too tired after going to bleeding Rotherham and back today to look at this forum and start reading LDC''s blind blinkered overly optimistic bullshit.[/quote]Nothing optimistic in it in the slightest pal, just stating facts. Hope you had a good trip back.

doesnt really matter what Bournemouth may or may not do in their last 2 games.......the fact that Boro are at home to Brighton......who besides Blackpool,are the worst side in the division right now, should end any discussions.

Best thing I think we can realistically hope for is Bournemouth to slip up and let Boro into the auto spot.

Then we should have nothing to fear in the play offs

Bournemouth will beat bolton. On the basis of our win against them a couple of weeks ago i think bournemouth will eventually break them down.

I have no confidence in brighton getting anything from boro regardless

We had to get ourselves back ahead of the pack to give ourselves a chance but we didn''t. It''s play offs. Boro still have a chance of going up if Bournemouth lose their nerve but I expect them to win tomorrow night and win well

Brentford & Wolves can still finish in top 6, with Derby, Brentford & Wolves all having very favourable last day fixtures and Ip5hit having the toughest. Wolves can only get in top 6 if Derby slip up.

Saturday 2nd May 2015

Blackburn v Ipswich

Brentford v Wigan

Derby v Reading

Wolves v Millwall

Its the Play Offs for us now into the lottery we go. Lets not have anymore red cards. We still stand a very good chance of winning this. Again its up to us, it seems with us is that every time we get golden opportunities we mess up, lets not mess up now.

Bolton have a good away record recently, unbeaten in the last three and only lost one of their last six overall, so will give a good account of themselves at Bn''mth.   If Bnmth don''t get a goal early, then frustration, nerves and tension can easily creep in and Bolton have scored in their last three away games too.  If it is a draw then it goes to the last day - and Bn''mth have a tricky away game at Charlton who have been strong at home recently.  I understand its odds on play offs of course, but it''s not over till its over.

I know you are trying to keep some optimism on this forum but you seem to forget that Brighton are dogshit. It is very, very highly unlikely they would get anything out of Boro.

[quote user="Herman "]I know you are trying to keep some optimism on this forum but you seem to forget that Brighton are dogshit. It is very, very highly unlikely they would get anything out of Boro.[/quote]A Hughton team getting a 0-0 unlikely?? Hmm.....

Bournemout are going to smash Bolton on Monday, next weekend is damage control to ensure no injuries/suspensions for the Play Offs. Might as well play the kids.

Have to agree anyone who doesnt think B''mouth will be up for a party in front of their home fans Monday evening (with a second chance the following weekend if they fail) is deluding themselves.

Alas some actually believe that this is not only a possibility but that Boro will slip up against BHA and leave the door open for us to sneak in ?

Really guys ? we have had chances the last two games to consolidate our position and shift pressure onto other teams and have managed to fail miserably....

BUT lets keep it real 4 months ago we would have snatched someones arm off for a play off place....

we now have that.

Until the last 2 matches NO ONE would want to have faced us in the play offs.....lets hope Alex can get the confidence back and that we dont buckle under the pressure again.

C''mon City.....one last push !!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]I know you are trying to keep some optimism on this forum but you seem to forget that Brighton are dogshit. It is very, very highly unlikely they would get anything out of Boro.[/quote]A Hughton team getting a 0-0 unlikely?? Hmm.....

[/quote]LLLDLL. 1 for 8 against. If you were a betting man......

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]I know you are trying to keep some optimism on this forum but you seem to forget that Brighton are dogshit. It is very, very highly unlikely they would get anything out of Boro.[/quote]A Hughton team getting a 0-0 unlikely?? Hmm.....[/quote]LLLDLL. 1 for 8 against. If you were a betting man......[/quote]Away form is LLDWLL They won at Blackburn and drew at Millwall 0-0.   I''m not optimistic that it will happen, but I know it could happen and will of course hope it happens.  Football is a funny game and you just never know.  Cardiff blew their chance in 2011 on the brink of promotion with two or three dire performances, Bn''mth could do the same on Monday (as against Sheff Wed) and then that last day will be "interesting"....