Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 38

Greetings PUPs

and welcome to week thirty eight of our Rays Funds season. This week we have a

real rising star in Feedthewolf in charge and selecting the final six. Now

Wolfie joined us during the second half of last season and immediately made an

impact with some great picks. But it’s this season where he’s really come into

his own. Now with just three weeks remaining we see him pressing Tilly at the

top of our league with 32/35 91% correct selections. With an amazing 7.68

profitability rating to boot. Now Wolfie has also already made his mark on Ray’s

signature with a fantastic win in the match bet earlier this season. He got his

win in the week we lost at home to Brentford which made it remarkable because

it’s difficult to win in those circumstances. But FTW’s Brentford to win and

both teams to score came good for £27 quid on the day his girlfriend accepted

his proposal of marriage. So I’m not sure how you’re going to top those circumstances

Wolfie, I’ll leave that bit with ya buddy! [;)] I’m really confident that if we can

provide FTW with some great options he has what it takes to put together a

winning six. So let’s have your very best selections from the games played on Sat/Sun/Mon of this weekend and listed

on the Bill Hill or Bet 365 web sites.

It’s a real

pleasure to introduce another new PUP with Lessingham Canary looking after this

week’s match bet. Yes this week it’s ‘Lessingham for Rotherham!’ Like

Making Plans and Lyndsey in the last 2 weeks I’ve, for want of a better word,

accosted LC on the main board in an attempt to get him here. So all credit to

him for agreeing. I’m sure it must be a bit disconcerting for these good posters

but they probably think ‘nutty by name – nutty by nature’! Anyway, I’m really

grateful Lessingham buddy. You have £6 to spend so you can choose up to six selections either from the PUPs suggestions

or of your own. Anything you’re not sure of just ask and someone will help. And

please enjoy the experience and come back to help us next week.

It’s

Norwich’s last game of the regular season next week although it seems likely

the season will be extended and we may have play-offs to come. But for the

Fulham match I’m hoping Josh Linton will

look after the match bet for us. Please let me know when you post your pick

buddy.

Now I’ll hand this week’s thread over to Feedthewolf and Lessingham Canary.

Remember there’s no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to

help you to success. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money

for the Community Sports Foundation.

Good luck all

you PUPs... Take it away Matt and LC ... the thread is yours.......[:)].......

As always I

leave you with Ray’s signature which now reads :-

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,4,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,2, Cosmic Twin,3, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, yes

Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy, and £950 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb, Javier’s Deaf Translator, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf, Lappinitup,

NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, yes PUPs £381 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with a

Monday Night Special bet. Woostercanary, £36 for the Community Sports

Foundation.

And with £265

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges we now have a total of £3675. since we

began of which £982 has been raised this

season with £101 for the 2016 presentation pot.

I''ve not done too well this past month but surely Man City will be a safe bet at home for me this week.

For Norwich game I think 1-2 will win us some money with Howson to score first goal

Good Luck Pups

A little dabble into League 2 this week

Cheltenham v Shrewsbury - Away win

With Cheltenham 2nd bottom and Shrewsbury 2nd on the verge of promotion, 4/5 looks fairly generous.

Welcome Lessingham Canary. A positive match bet option for you. City to win with a margin of +3 at 13/2.

Best of luck Wolfie, Lessingham and all you PUPs.

An offering from Spain

A home win for Atletico Madrid v Elche

And I''m sticking with Bassong to score for the match bet.

Good luck everyone, especially Feedthewolf and Lessingham Canary.

Great picture Nigel.
League Two for me please, where SHREWSBURY need a point to clinch promotion and will hopefully do it away at 2nd bottom Cheltenham.
Good luck to you all, and to you all good luck.

A very good evening to you Nutty and wishing good luck to Wolfie and LC not forgetting of course all you other lovely PUPs out there.

Off to Austria and a HOME WIN please for RED BULL SALTZBURG v Josko Ried.

For the Norwich bet City to win both at half time and full time.

Nigel/Wolfie,

Just my humble opinion but I think the league table should be the based on the product of correct results and profitability - what do you think?

I''ve tended to try to pick draws with my selections this season not that anyone (quite rightly) has been daft enough to include them in their ''final 6''. So that the PUPs don''t miss out on these winning selections (well 1 in 3 ) I will donate the £1 bet on these (excluding the Monday night special) which, to date, equates to £36.28.

To add to this largesse this weekend''s obvious draw is Southampton-Spurs (at 12/5).

With the Norwich bet I think we''ll win 3-0 (at 10-1).

Good luck all.

Hello all! Firstly, thank you to Nigel for the kind words, and secondly good luck to Lessingham with the match bet.Regarding Wooster''s suggestion about the league table, I think it would be worthwhile to consider the combination of success and profitability - it''s a more accurate way of gauging who is the ''MVP'' in terms of what they bring to the PUPs table. Someone with a mediocre success rating but huge profitability is as valuable as someone with an excellent success rating and low profitability. Obviously for this season we must leave things the way they are, as it would be unfair to move the goalposts at this late stage, but if there is a satisfactory equation that can combine the two then I''d be in favour of it. I''m no mathematician, though, so I shall leave it to the hive mind to decree whether or not any (and what) changes take place for next season.Nigel, as I did with the match bet earlier in the season, I would like to add £12 to the kitty to treble the stake for my picks this weekend.I''m delighted to report that my fiancée and I are still happily together, and today is 500 days until our wedding! However, things have taken a rather difficult turn of late, with a house purchase going up in smoke and us having to vacate our house at very short notice. Sorry to take things off topic, but if anyone knows of a good source of sturdy cardboard boxes then I''m all ears... [:)]As such, I am going to try to select my picks before I leave work on Friday evening, so any selections for consideration should be posted by circa 5pm Friday, and I''ll aim to get my picks up before 6pm.In bocca al lupo!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]Hello all! Firstly, thank you to Nigel for the kind words, and secondly good luck to Lessingham with the match bet.

Regarding Wooster''s suggestion about the league table, I think it would be worthwhile to consider the combination of success and profitability - it''s a more accurate way of gauging who is the ''MVP'' in terms of what they bring to the PUPs table. Someone with a mediocre success rating but huge profitability is as valuable as someone with an excellent success rating and low profitability. Obviously for this season we must leave things the way they are, as it would be unfair to move the goalposts at this late stage, but if there is a satisfactory equation that can combine the two then I''d be in favour of it. I''m no mathematician, though, so I shall leave it to the hive mind to decree whether or not any (and what) changes take place for next season.

Nigel, as I did with the match bet earlier in the season, I would like to add £12 to the kitty to treble the stake for my picks this weekend.

I''m delighted to report that my fiancée and I are still happily together, and today is 500 days until our wedding! However, things have taken a rather difficult turn of late, with a house purchase going up in smoke and us having to vacate our house at very short notice. Sorry to take things off topic, but if anyone knows of a good source of sturdy cardboard boxes then I''m all ears... [:)]

As such, I am going to try to select my picks before I leave work on Friday evening, so any selections for consideration should be posted by circa 5pm Friday, and I''ll aim to get my picks up before 6pm.

In bocca al lupo!
[/quote]

FTW, just a couple of points to add to your input, I realize the spirit with which your comments are made ( which were adding to Wooster''s suggestion ) and that''s a good idea. I would only suggest that every PUP''s input is valuable wherever they are on or off the table. I know you weren''t suggesting otherwise but just to clarify for those who either may not even be "listed" in the table or have not had the success that others have.

Secondly, you obviously may not be aware, but the final six ( which you are responsible for this week ) is a 10 pound bet not a six pound bet like the Norwich match bet. Your generosity is admirable, nonetheless, but wanted to clarify for others so there is no confusion.

P.S: Wooster, it''s academic now because my selections last week failed to deliver, however, I would like you to know that your draw selection was in the last seven that I narrowed it down to. I was going to go with it because I was unsure about Purple''s exotic selection but at the last moment I changed my mind. As it turns out it wouldn''t have made any difference because of other losses but I was kicking myself late when it appeared that your selection would be successful ( except for the late goal ). I wanted to make this comment because your selections are often very close to coming in and give good returns.

I''m with Yankee this week so:

BAYERN MUNICH v Hertha Berlin HOME WIN

Good Luck FTW and all you Lovely PUPs

For the match bet Sebastian Bassong to score anytime

Best of Luck Lessingham ⚽️

Hi all, thanks for the messages, and Nigel for the sleepless night, such responsibility, hate to do anything that detracts from such a good cause.

Feel free all to give me help and advice, I will be checking the thread regularly over the next 24 hours, I think I understand what is expected, I can pick from the predictions made by your good selves (or at least the ones I think are best bet) or I can select from my own, or a combination of up to 6 matches ? shout if incorrect please. And Feed the wolf does the same ?.

Not my final selection, but with the lack of sleep last night thanks to Nigel applying this pressure I have studied the UK fixtures for this weekend, and this is my view so far (if was putting my shirt on it ??).........

Champ;Rotherham 1 - Norwich 3

Div1; Rochdale 0 v MK Dons 2

Div 2; Stevenage 2 v Carlisle 1

Scot Champ; Cowdenbeath 0 v Hearts 3

Plus 2 from this thread, now as uncertain on my understanding of what is expected from me, I am happy to change, so guidance please, be gentle !

Good luck to Feed the wolf, no pressure, OTBC

Thank you Lessingham. Feedthewolf is choosing the six matches. We need your help to choose from the suggestions for the Norwich match. Those suggestions so far have been ''Bassong to score anytime'', Norwich win 3-0, ''Norwich to be winning at halftime and fulltime'', ''Norwich to win by +3 goals'' etc.

Please accept my apologies for not making that clear. And please shout if you have any questions. It is daunting at first but don''t worry and have fun. These PUPs are all on your side.

Thanks for your suggestions Wolfie and Wooster. Is it OK to discuss this over the summer? Ultimately I am here to facilitate this for you PUPs and so you shall decide what we do.

Just to add you can make those selections anytime on Friday evening Lessingham buddy.

My suggestion for you to consider is Jonny Howson to score the first goal.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]FTW, just a couple of points to add to your input, I realize the spirit with which your comments are made ( which were adding to Wooster''s suggestion ) and that''s a good idea. I would only suggest that every PUP''s input is valuable wherever they are on or off the table. I know you weren''t suggesting otherwise but just to clarify for those who either may not even be "listed" in the table or have not had the success that others have.

Secondly, you obviously may not be aware, but the final six ( which you are responsible for this week ) is a 10 pound bet not a six pound bet like the Norwich match bet. Your generosity is admirable, nonetheless, but wanted to clarify for others so there is no confusion.

[/quote]Hi Yankee, valid points all round and apologies to anyone who may have inferred that I didn''t consider their input valuable! I was, of course, using the word ''valuable'' purely in terms of their financial profitability for the purposes of the league table – in terms of the input in and of itself, of course every single person who posts in this thread is valued equally due to their altruistic desire to aid a great cause and raise as much money as possible for the CSF. Reading into the backstory of the PUPs, it''s a truly touching tale and I am deeply honoured to be able to make my selections this weekend and to celebrate Ray''s memory.In this spirit, I shall honour my original pledge of trebling the bet – Eddie, I will try to remember to PayPal the money to you this evening. Please email me should I forget – as mentioned earlier in the thread, I am in something of a pickle at the moment! [;)]

This week I''m going for:

CRYSTAL PALACE v Hull - Home Win

Even money appears to be a huge price as Hull are in such dire form. That''s the kiss of death on that then...

As for the Norwich bet, I fancy we''ll win emphatically to nil. How about 4-0 at 22/1 or 5-0 at 50/1.

This will ensure that our GD gets a boost and will pile the pressure on everyone else before that last game. Fingers, toes and everything else crossed.

Good Luck FTW, Lessingham and all PUPs.

Hello everyone.Made better time this week, so my selection can be considered by Feedthewolf.I''ve spent time looking at all the fixtures on the William Hill website and had decided on Salzburg v Ried as a home win, but looking through the replies I can see its already been chosen. Is it still ok that I have it too?I have been looking at this match bet too Nigel, its a great idea to raise money for charity.I would be happy to have a go on the Fulham game, but only if I''m not pushing in front of anyone as I''ve only joined in twiceMy prediction for the result at Rotherham would be a Norwich City win, but with both teams to score.

[quote user="Josh Linton"]Hello everyone.Made better time this week, so my selection can be considered by Feedthewolf.I''ve spent time looking at all the fixtures on the William Hill website and had decided on Salzburg v Ried as a home win, but looking through the replies I can see its already been chosen. Is it still ok that I have it too?I have been looking at this match bet too Nigel, its a great idea to raise money for charity.I would be happy to have a go on the Fulham game, but only if I''m not pushing in front of anyone as I''ve only joined in twiceMy prediction for the result at Rotherham would be a Norwich City win, but with both teams to score.[/quote]Hi Josh, you can indeed choose the same match as another picker – no problem at all!And I like your thinking for the match bet, you tend to get greatly enhanced odds on the ''both teams to score'' element. Hope you manage to add your name to Ray''s signature next week mate!

[quote user="Josh Linton"]Hello everyone.Made better time this week, so my selection can be considered by Feedthewolf.I''ve spent time looking at all the fixtures on the William Hill website and had decided on Salzburg v Ried as a home win, but looking through the replies I can see its already been chosen. Is it still ok that I have it too?I have been looking at this match bet too Nigel, its a great idea to raise money for charity.I would be happy to have a go on the Fulham game, but only if I''m not pushing in front of anyone as I''ve only joined in twiceMy prediction for the result at Rotherham would be a Norwich City win, but with both teams to score.[/quote]

Josh, it''s fine to have a repeat selection. A consensus can be useful to the guy in the hot seat.

You are not pushing in front of anyone for the Fulham game. That part of Rays Funds is financed by an anonymous benefactor and he is keen for new PUPs to play a more active role earlier. As am I. People have to wait such a long time for a go at the final six. That rota is made up from the top 40 from the previous seasn''s PUPs league. So you will probably get two turns at the Norwich selections before a turn at picking the six matches. To put it all into perspective 64 PUPs will have had a turn at making the final selections across the two parts this season. Without the Norwich match part that would only be 40.

The threads have an end of season feel about them at the moment. It''s been a long season and where as I''ve worried about this in previous years I know better now. Your turning up has helped no end with that Josh[Y] 

For my selection I''m going to Spain on Monday evening and pick Valencia (W13 D2 L1 F39 A10 at home) to beat Granada (W1 D4 L11 F11 A42 away).

Valencia            v            Granada           Home Win

Scottish Championship where Hibs (8-6-3-29-14) entertain Alloa (2-4-11-12-27).Hibernian v Alloa.......Home win.

For the Norwich game I''m sticking with.......City to win and Redmond to score.Good luck FTW and LC. [Y]

Well as my selections have proven as much use as a fart ina spacesuit, i will persevere and say

Barnet to win at home to Gateshead in the Conference

and I think City to win 4-0

and as a nailed on, odds on bet, that Adam Johnson won''t be playing for Sunderland this weekend

Purple lent me his book on obscure European leagues, so after careful study I have settled for the German Regionalliga Bayern and top v bottom. Good away versus poor home team.Seligenporten v WURZBURGER KICKERS.Good luck Wolfie and all the PUPS[Y]

Good luck Feedthewolf!

My nap this week is Huddersfield v BLACKBURN - AWAY WIN at a very generous 2/1 on bet365.

Whilst they are fairly evenly matched I think Blackburn have the edge over recent seasons, have a strong away record (unbeaten in last 7 away games) and the stats seem to suggest a Blackburn win.

Lessingham Canary, I think it could well be H/T Draw, F/T Norwich. Good luck!

Leedscanary

Thanks everyone for the feedback, giving me a lot to think about, all great stuff so far and hopefully we can turn into some cash for this great cause.

I will look to post my bet tomorrow early evening, so keep the views coming, everyone welcome and helps that everyone is so positive. Thanks pups