Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Have our players got it in them do dust off the disappointment of top 2 and propel us to the Premiership?

Looking at them after that Middlesborough game, they looked pretty down and out as if that was it. I''m just worried some of them might have lost their fight and determination to kick on in the playoffs and drag us into the premiership. Notably, the fans very quickly lost a bit of passion once Boro scored.

I wonder which players will be the guys dragging the others off the floor and getting our intensity back that has seen us overwhelm teams on many occasions under Alex Neil.

Well, Martin being the captain, he may have to rally the troops a bit more vocally on the pitch, though he looked totally dejected after Middlesborough game. Johnson will be as fired up as usual. As other posters say, I think we can beat any team over two legs but the Wembley final is massive, even for Alex Neil, hope nerves don''t kick in.

Realistically ,I think we knew that automatic promotion had gone after the Boro game, so its probably better it happened then than on the last day. We will have had a good 3 weeks to get over that and prepared for the playoffs.

If its Ipswich that we play in the semi''s.....I can''t imagine there''ll be any trouble with players or fans alike getting themselves "off the floor" for 2 local derbies in the space of a week....with the small matter of a Wembley final at the end of it?!?.

If there are players who can''t get up for that, you''d have to question their profession.

It''s not simply a question of ''getting up for it'' though is it? To their detriment, some players get ''too up for it''.

Maintaining an appropriate mental attitude is the main thing - headless chicken types are not much use!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Looking at them after that Middlesborough game, they looked pretty down and out as if that was it. I''m just worried some of them might have lost their fight and determination to kick on in the playoffs and drag us into the premiership. Notably, the fans very quickly lost a bit of passion once Boro scored. I wonder which players will be the guys dragging the others off the floor and getting our intensity back that has seen us overwhelm teams on many occasions under Alex Neil.[/quote]

Were you at the boro game because I thought the atmosphere and backing for the team was magnificent for the whole game ? Maybe you could tell me who has needed dragging off the floor in the last couple of games.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]
Have our players got it in them do dust off the disappointment of top 2 and propel us to the Premiership?
[/quote]
We''ll soon find out, won''t we?
Have some of our supporters got it in them to dust off the disappointment if we succeed in the playoffs?