Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

£25 for the home leg

Semi final dates

Away leg to be played Friday 8th May at 7.45 or Saturday 9th May at 12.15

Home leg to be played Friday 15th May at 7.45 or Saturday 16th May at 12.15

Tickets £25 per game and tickets go on sale Sunday, 3rd May at 10am

Worth noting that if Norwich play Ipswich in the semi-finals they will be played on the Saturdays, no matter if Norwich finish 3rd and Ipswich 6th, or Norwich 4th and Ipswich 5th.

Very intrigued as to how the travel arrangements will work if Norwich end up facing Ipswich in the final. Considering the Norwich to London train goes through Ipswich.

37,000 Norwich fans on coaches?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Worth noting that if Norwich play Ipswich in the semi-finals they will be played on the Saturdays, no matter if Norwich finish 3rd and Ipswich 6th, or Norwich 4th and Ipswich 5th.

Very intrigued as to how the travel arrangements will work if Norwich end up facing Ipswich in the final. Considering the Norwich to London train goes through Ipswich.

37,000 Norwich fans on coaches?[/quote]

Policing would be an absolute nightmare should we meet Ipswich in the finals. Like you said, all the traffic from London will be heading the same way, trains from Liverpool Street are on the same line to Ipswich and Norwich. I would fear taking children and my mum, aged 80, wouldn''t miss it for the world but I would worry about her too. I hate trouble of any sort. If we did play them in the final, whether you''re blue or yellow you''ve got a 50% chance of coming home happy and a 50% chance not. That just spells trouble for those looking for it and its bound to happen.

I''m sure that the trains from Norwich would go via Cambridge into Kings Cross, otherwise it would be carnage!!! Not sure what will happen to those going from places like Diss though. Nice thought about the Coaches, can you imagine over 700 going down the A11.[:D] 

[quote user="pearsos"]I''m sure that the trains from Norwich would go via Cambridge into Kings Cross, otherwise it would be carnage!!! Not sure what will happen to those going from places like Diss though. Nice thought about the Coaches, can you imagine over 700 going down the A11.[:D] [/quote]

I am sure Diss is on the same line from Norwich to Liverpool Street so that would have to be sorted. You''ve then got all those places in between. The buses wouldn''t be able to stop at the same service stations and anyone travelling by car would have a free reign! I guess there is a plan in hand. Wembley have held finals for rival teams before.

[quote user="Hector Prune "]It''s sad that we could all predict that McNasty would look to cash in on his failure[/quote]

Who''d have thought this kn ob would come here and say something like that.

Could have quite easily been £40+ for a ticket.

Liverpool St. is closed on play-off final day for Crossrail work, so all trains on the direct Norwich - London route are terminating at Stratford.

As others have said, should we be playing those from the town down the road in Suffolk, travelling via Ely/Cambridge into London Kings Cross would probably be best. Hopefully a few extra services will be provided, but lets get the semi-final out of the way first!

I''ll enjoy a 10 minute walk to High Wycombe station and then 20 minutes on the train straight to Wembley Stadium station ;-)

Fair play to the Chief Exec for keeping home adult prices at a very reasonable £25. No doubt he remembered the backlash from the Spurs League Cup debacle but bearing in mind the guaranteed full house this time I thought he would have pitched it at £30 or so.

Here''s to hoping he won''t worry about not making any money if we reach the Final....

How is it fair that people can still buy memberships just for this one home game? So any old person fancying a big game can buy one and have the same priority as someone who has had one all season? Nice little money making scheme I guess.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]The home leg ought to be free-of-charge for loyal season ticket holders; a ''thank you'' for sticking with the club through the Hughton seasons...[/quote]

Mustard this is spot on but do you really think McNally would do that!!!

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/playoffrules.aspx

3.5 The Home Club may not reduce normal League admission charges without the written agreement of the Away Club. Any disagreement between the Clubs shall be determined by the Executive. 3.6 For the purposes of Rule 3.5, ‘reduce’ shall also include seeking to make Play Off Match tickets available to season ticket holders, members of membership clubs or other similar schemes at the same discount that would apply to them for normal League Matches when compared with the Club’s published normal League Match admission charges.

Money lost through ticket prices more than made up by the fact they''vd opened sales for priority memberships again. Unfair on those who have had them all season

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Money lost through ticket prices more than made up by the fact they''vd opened sales for priority memberships again. Unfair on those who have had them all season[/quote]No, I don''t agree with that either. I could spend an extra twenty quid and jump in front of someone that''s been to most home games. I can''t see how that is fair.

Exactly. I am a member myself and have been to 11 away games and 3 home games this season and have basically have written off hope of getting tickets for either leg, yet I''m sure there will be some who get tickets who have hardly been at all.

(Any ST holder who can''t go to one of the legs for whatever reason and fancies helping me out get in touch ;-) )

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Excited Canary"]Money lost through ticket prices more than made up by the fact they''vd opened sales for priority memberships again. Unfair on those who have had them all season[/quote]No, I don''t agree with that either. I could spend an extra twenty quid and jump in front of someone that''s been to most home games. I can''t see how that is fair.[/quote]Agree with this.New Memberships should have been suspended to give everyone a free chance of a ticket. Whole thing smacks of money-grabbing and does rather take the gloss off the otherwise commendable ticket price of £25.

I''m struggling a bit with this, probably because I don''t understand, but if you have Super Membership and have been to 11 away games surely you will get a ticket in front of someone who takes out Super Membership in order to get a ticket for one game?

I thought it was 500 points for S/M and then 50 more per game attended.

Where I think there''s an anomaly is that a season ticket holder starts with 1,000 points yet they may not have been away at all.

Yeah, for the away leg I will get more priority than them, I was more thinking of the home leg as I''ve got no chance of getting away tickets anyway. I have as much chance of picking up a CR ticket as someone who has little to no interest in NCFC - let''s say a "Kings Lynn Gunner" - who fancies a trip to a big game for once and bought a membership tonight.

I''ll be in Rome on Sunday morning so laptop will be packed and at the ready in a desperate scramble for a ticket...fingers crossed. OTBC

It does strike me as quite poor form to be actively promoting the availability of memberships.I''ve been to 10 away games this season but as i''m not a season ticket holder, my chances of getting to the away leg are sadly zero. I''ll certainly be trying to get a ticket to the home leg on Sunday morning but i''m not too hopeful.