Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

We're doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED!

Massively under performing???

At the end of November we were nowhere. 11th, 27 points and a goal difference of only +5. We are now 4th, 83 points and have a goal difference of +38. Not sure how that can be seen as massively under performing?

So 26 games, 56 points and a +33 goal difference is massively under performing then?

If that''s the case I''m already looking forward to us just under performing next season!

Trouble is this board is full of people who don''t properly support the club (financially) and so it doesn''t matter to them what happens at the end of the day.

I have noticed that the positive posters on here tend to be the plastics (there are exceptions) whereas the ''negative'' ones tend to be the ones putting their hard earned down and hence expect a return from the board and players who are paid handsomely.

That''s the spirit Prune. Even if one were to believe that, Ipswich have beaten Boro this season, so if they meet in the semi''s they might do us a favour. And given that we are miles better than Ipswich that''s the Premiership for us.

Or perhaps we should just give up now and give our semi-final opponents a bye to the final?

When we do lose I want it to be at Wembley, to have the opportunity to BOO City at Wembley, well it''s the epitome of being a fan!😳

How do you come to those suppositions Ruthers?

Well slim, for example - I know the OP (who is 9 times out of 10 a positive poster) doesn''t go to games as his son told me he hardly ever goes.

Then there are the less positive posters shall we say, such as Jimmy Smith and Motrty who clearly follow the team home and away when they can.

It''s just something I''ve picked up on - the negative posters on this board tend to relate to specific games and incidents more whereas the plastics are generally positive about the direction of the club but tend to generalise as obviously they have no specifics to relate to.

As I said though it''s not a hard and fast rule there are exceptions.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Trouble is this board is full of people who don''t properly support the club (financially) and so it doesn''t matter to them what happens at the end of the day.

I have noticed that the positive posters on here tend to be the plastics (there are exceptions) whereas the ''negative'' ones tend to be the ones putting their hard earned down and hence expect a return from the board and players who are paid handsomely.[/quote]You must have spent an absolute fortune on the club this season.

[quote user="ruthers1"]I know the OP (who is 9 times out of 10 a positive poster) doesn''t go to games as his son told me he hardly ever goes.[/quote]Lol! I have a season ticket.......[quote user="ruthers1"]Then there are the less positive posters shall we say, such as Jimmy

Smith and Motrty who clearly follow the team home and away[/quote]Jimmy admits he rarely goes because of finances......Hopelessly wrong ruthers..........AGAIN! [:D]

[quote user="ruthers1"] I know the OP (who is 9 times out of 10 a positive poster) doesn''t go to games as his son told me he hardly ever goes. [/quote]

I could have sworn I drink with him at every home game and more often than not walk to the ground with him and his grandson. My mind must be playing games.

Fair enough, haven''t seen Steve for a few years so I guess you''ve jumped on the bandwagon since promotion to the Prem and are lappinitup now, my apologies.

I definitely would have accepted the play offs pre season if offered. So it''s all to play for. Not sure we can do it but a one in 4 chance is not bad.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Fair enough, haven''t seen Steve for a few years so I guess you''ve jumped on the bandwagon since promotion to the Prem and are lappinitup now, my apologies.[/quote]I had my ST after I retired and when we were in the Third Division ruth, so I''m afraid you''re WRONG again. [:)]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]When we do lose I want it to be at Wembley, to have the opportunity to BOO City at Wembley, well it''s the epitome of being a fan!😳[/quote]Been there, done that!  I booed the team ON to the pitch the first time we ever reached Wembley.............because Jim Blair was in it. [:@]

[quote user="ruthers1"]I have noticed that the positive posters on here tend to be the plastics (there are exceptions) whereas the ''negative'' ones tend to be the ones putting their hard earned down and hence expect a return from the board and players who are paid handsomely.[/quote]
Probably some mileage in this.
I know for a fact Highland Canary, Lincoln Canary, Reading Canary are all part of the so-called "Canary Cartel" who not only attend all matches home and away but also own 13% of the club''s shares and operate the club''s online merchandising outlet from their spare bedroom. Newton owns another 8%, Daly walks to every away game and has a 5% shareholding, and such is his love for the club that TonyCotteeWasHere paid for his 6% through general rent boy activity.

@bor bor bor. I can confirm that I attend all our home and the vast majority of our away matches. However, I have not heard of the canary cartel. I can confirm that I do not accept the prevailing orthodoxy of many on this board. For instance, I do not share the little old Norwich view of the world and that championship football is all to which we should aspire. I am of the view that we had a squad of players capable of achieving automatic promotion which appears to be very much a minority opinion.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I can confirm that I attend all our home and the vast majority of our away matches.[/quote]That must come as a huge relief to your wife........

[quote user="Highland Canary"]@bor bor bor. I can confirm that I attend all our home and the vast majority of our away matches. However, I have not heard of the canary cartel. I can confirm that I do not accept the prevailing orthodoxy of many on this board. For instance, I do not share the little old Norwich view of the world and that championship football is all to which we should aspire. I am of the view that we had a squad of players capable of achieving automatic promotion which appears to be very much a minority opinion.[/quote]I try to avoid the personal, Highland, but that really is a very stupid thing to say, especially by someone who wants their views on, for example, Neil Lennon to be taken seriously.It simply is not true that there is a "prevailing orthodoxy" here that only aspires to Championship football. What you are childishly trying to demonise as "little old Norwich" is actually a sensible realism, born of understanding the importance of finance in football, that hopes for and aspires to life in the top tier but accepts we will sometimes have to make do with the Championship, and even very occasionally the third tier.

The only thing I''d add to what Purple just said is that Highland''s condescending attitude doesn''t do justice to the Championship. From a quality of football perspective, the Championship (not to mention the lower leagues), is barely recognisable from even seven years ago (when the two teams in the automatic promotion places were Mowbray''s West Brom and Pulis''s Stoke). This season we''ve seen Bournemouth setting the pace with players and a brand of football light years away from both those teams. And for all the moaning about Hughton''s use of inverted wingers, we are now appreciative of a manager who prefers to play without real wingers at all!