Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Damo signs for Wigan

£1.5m now, a further £500,000 after so many appearances, a further £250,000 if Wigan stay up and 25% sell-on clause.

[quote]If I might ask two questions here: 1. When do we get the money?. 2. Will Nigel use it for a new signing before the 31st.[/quote]

Can I answer them 2 questions how I''d like them to be answered?

1. Now.

2. Yes. A young centre back.

[quote]£1.5m now, a further £500,000 after so many appearances, a further £250,000 if Wigan stay up and 25% sell-on clause.[/quote]

That looks like damn good buisness to me.Now onwards and upwards!!

[quote]£1.5m now, a further £500,000 after so many appearances, a further £250,000 if Wigan stay up and 25% sell-on clause.[/quote]

thats a £250,000 loss then........

as i strongly doubt wigan will stay up!

As for the deal, felt we could have got alot more, over 2 million with add-ons.

Oh well, after what he has done he deserves to go, and to be honest despite being behind him, im glad to see the back of him

Bog off francis, have fun in the champ next year

Not a bad deal considering!

We can get a decent defender/midfielder for £1.5 million.  And we get 25% if he turns out to be really good at something other than being a pain in the ass!

OTBC!

Chunky

So, 2m then, assuming it''s not more than about 30 appearances, since I expect Wigan will come down, and he will move on again when they do. (You only have to look at his agent: 10 moves in 16 years, to understand why).

And I expect Worthy has a list of players he''d like to bring in, but it could take weeks for that to happen (remember Hux, Crouch and Harper arrived early Sep 2 years ago) or he may keep his powder dry until Jan and see how we''re doing. We do have 3 good midfielders already, and Charlton looked quality there against Inter!

im exhausted and bored by it, can we concentrate on the
season and now and not waste any more web space on him.

We''re laughing either way:

Wigan stay up: We get £250k

Wigan go down: Francis moves on to stay in the top flight and we get 25% of what will be more than £1m...

Seems a good a deal.  For us, not Wigan!

[quote]We''re laughing either way: Wigan stay up: We get £250k Wigan go down: Francis moves on to stay in the top flight and we get 25% of what will be more than £1m...[/quote]

Probably not though Peter, OS says it''s 25% of any profit Wigan make on him.

With the add-ons this deal looks pretty good - particularly the 25% of the next transfer. I just hope Worthy is allowed to use some of the money to bolster the squad further.

On with the new season - someneeds to make Francis'' midfield slot their own (step up Jarrett and show us what you can do)

we caught wigan at the right time they cannot get good players in

it looks a sign of panic buying in what they given us

we win either way

[quote]Not a bad deal considering! We can get a decent defender/midfielder for £1.5 million. And we get 25% if he turns out to be really good at something other than being a pain in the ass! OTBC! Chu...[/quote]

Not a bad deal for city? ...... it''s a great deal for city ..... £2mio, the bulk upfront fee plus a sell on clause for a player who we couldn''t keep after everything that''s gone on.

Great trading by the management. It''s a deal, it''s a steal, it''s sale of the #*$*##* century!

[quote]Not a bad deal for city? ...... it''s a great deal for city ..... £2mio, the bulk upfront fee plus a sell on clause for a player who we couldn''t keep after everything that''s gone on. Great trading by ...[/quote]

Well said!!!

We could choke a dozen donkey''s on that!!!