Sign in to follow this  
Rock The Boat

Put the reserves out against Fulham

We''ve got three tough games in a short space of time - two semis and the final,

Fulham is now meaningless. Don''t take chances with injuries/bookings and give the core players a rest and a chance to mentally re-charge.

9th May 1st Leg

16th May 2nd Leg

25th May Final

Not really a short space of time. Each game is a week apart.

Not really sure about this, I can see where you are coming from, but I would see the regular starters getting back to winning ways, and carrying that momentum through to the final.

Any player can just as easily get injured, booked or sent off in the first minute of the first play off game as they can at anytime in the Fulham game. We need to beat Fulham, get the monkey off our back, restore confidence and rebuild momentum.You''re unlikely to do that if your first team are sitting on the stands.

surely we can play like a team for an FA cup match, with the big guns on the bench, in case Becchio/Voodoo/Bennett/Cuellar etc aren''t getting desired result. Last thing I want is going into the three make-or-break games with tiredness, knocks, or having to watch the last 75 mins of Fulham match biting my nails because someone is already on a yellow card.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We certainly shouldn''t risk the likes of Ruddy, Bassong, Hooper or Jerome.[/quote]

Right? Who we gonna play then?

Some people on here are quite dumb.

Need a win with the strongest side out there possible taking momentum.

Don''t put 2nd string players or the kids out there with 3 crucial games coming up.

Even Tettey''s knee is well able to manage one game a week. Fulham represent a big challenge even though pride and exorcising a demon are the only things hanging on it. Finishing the season on a high and going into the play offs full of confidence though would be a huge plus. What sort of preparation would it be to duck out?

Norwich haven''t won a game for a while and some of the players look out of sorts - Jerome is having an absolute shocking run.

The players need to play, get a win and have a good run at the play-offs. Confidence is key to a play-off win.

Obviously rest the players who may have knocks or on the edge suspension wise (which I don''t think there is anyone) but go with a strong team and get a convincing, confidence boosting win.

I understand where the OP is coming from but there would be nothing better than a nice big win to take into the play offs, and it will help exorcise the demons of the disappointments of the M''Boro and Rotherham games. We need to go into those games full pelt. In 2002 we went into the semi on the up, need to try to do the same albeit from just the one home game.

They need to play the side for the play offs. Look how sluggish Johnson was against Boro after a week out. We need a win and get the momentum back

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]Even Tettey''s knee is well able to manage one game a week. Fulham represent a big challenge even though pride and exorcising a demon are the only things hanging on it. Finishing the season on a high and going into the play offs full of confidence though would be a huge plus. What sort of preparation would it be to duck out?[/quote]

He was a big miss last Saturday. Was that due to his knee ? If there has been any discussion/announcement on his absence against Rotherham I didn''t see it.

I think we should field a strong team but not our strongest.

Perhaps Vadis needs a full game to show what he can do, Tettey should certainly be rested and i''d be tempted to rest Bassong as well. Bennett needs the minutes and we don''t want to risk our best defender getting injured. I think i''d give Gary O''Neil a game and play Redmond and Johnson. Howson can have a rest.

I''d go with Wes and Jerome for the other two slots.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I think we should field a strong team but not our strongest.

Perhaps Vadis needs a full game to show what he can do, Tettey should certainly be rested and i''d be tempted to rest Bassong as well. Bennett needs the minutes and we don''t want to risk our best defender getting injured. I think i''d give Gary O''Neil a game and play Redmond and Johnson. Howson can have a rest.

I''d go with Wes and Jerome for the other two slots.[/quote]If anyone needs a rest I''d say it was Jerome. He''s had to run himself into the ground with Grabban being unavailable for so long. Agree play Bennett for the game time.

I think Jerome needs the chance to build his confidence in front of goal again more than he does a rest. We have finished the 3 games a week schedule now and he should be fine with a week between games to not need a rest now. He''s not a player with injury problems like Tettey or Bennett (both of them !) so I think he''s worth a start. I''d be a bit apprehensive about both him and Hooper playing as if the worst happened, that would leave us just Becchio left (what a fairytale that would be though)!

I''d like to see Hooper start against Fulham and get a full 90mins under his belt, he has been a saviour for us in certain games and another game and goal or 2 would do further wonders for his confidence. I have a feeling he''s going to play a massive part in our Play Off challenge - he''s shown on a few occasions this season he can be a big game player for us and I think Cam needs a rest/late substitution appearance.