Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Saturday's match

Last home match of the season proper - is it going to be a celebration of a fantastic season, a tension filled match because it''s Fulham, or a moany "oh my gawd, we''ve only made the play offs" type affair?   Its actually a match that could be said to have little relevance to the season as a whole, but emotions are going to be mixed.   To go along with the good start we had, we''ve had a great second half of the season under AN, promotion form all the way, so surely this has to be a match to celebrate?   Personally hope he puts out our strongest team as preparation for the play offs and we really go at Fulham as imo this is an important match in the run up to the play offs.

Exactly will be just like a pre season friendly. People will be more interested in listening to there radios and looking at there phones to see how other results are going to see who we will be playing.

The big question Lakey is, will you be doing a "thread of Honour" on here when the match finishes? I think you should, considering the selfless effort you have put in during the season, and it would give posters on here the chance to thank you for your tireless devotion. [<:o)]

Not much to get worked up about for a '' dead rubber ''.

I''m sure those selected by us will be told to avoid any stupid challenges and Fulham won''t care less what happens so it''ll pan out like the Cup tie we had against them at Carrow Rd a couple of seasons back, ie, not very exciting.

I suppose getting the monkey off our backs by beating Fulham would be nice but it might be better to not finish 3rd as it''ll be a Friday evening SF away leg and the 3rd finisher often fails to go up.

We eed all the help we can.

The BBC analysed the stats over 20 years to 2013 (i.e. excluding last year): Final pos:       3rd     4th    5th    6th

Promoted:     

35%

15%

30%

20%

Finalist:

60%

45%

55%

40%

Runner up:

25%

30%

25%

20%

In the last seven years of that period, five teams finishin in third position in the table were promoted, Teams that finish 4th actually have the worst record:  "History shows that just three of the teams who have finished fourth have

been promoted in the last 20 years and none in the last 15.years"

Well done on nailing another old wives tale Westcoast. I reckon we should go all out to win the game and hope Boro slip up. Whatever happens its better to finish 3rd than 4th.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well done on nailing another old wives tale Westcoast. I reckon we should go all out to win the game and hope Boro slip up. Whatever happens its better to finish 3rd than 4th.[/quote]If the past is no guide to the future Nutty why is it better to finish 3rd ?

Even if only for the sake of the record books its better for our club to finish 23rd rather than 24th.

Its funny how the past was a guide to the future when it was a myth...

;)

Does anyone know if we get money depending on how high we finish in the table like you do in the Prem?  Unlikely I guess, given the Prem and the FA is awash with filthy money from Sky and various other sponsors whereas the rest of the English football ladder looks on in envy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Even if only for the sake of the record books its better for our club to finish 23rd rather than 24th.

Its funny how the past was a guide to the future when it was a myth...

;)[/quote]But being a '' fair weather plastic '' I''ll scweem and scweem until I''m sick if we finish 3rd and have to play on a b*oody Friday night (even if it is my birthday)I wonder if our Fulham saga is a guide to the future thingy or a myth ? All I know is that if we have to wait as long to beat them again the best us two can hope to be is to be totally ga-ga plonked in front of an old peoples home telly staring at '' Pointless ''.......which would be pretty appropriate don''t you think ? )  [;)]

SwindonCanary wrote the following post at 29/04/2015 5:02 PM:

Well, I''m traveling from Swindon for what is basically a ''dead rubber'' just to see a victory over Fulham for a change !

Good for you my man!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well done on nailing another old wives tale Westcoast. I reckon we should go all out to win the game and hope Boro slip up. Whatever happens its better to finish 3rd than 4th.[/quote]Absolutely we should go all out to win the game nutty. (I hope there''s no-one who thinks the stats provide a reason though! [*-)] )