Sign in to follow this  
daly

Define Irony

The irony of the present situation is that we have beaten Ipswich twice and got 6  points off them. As it has turned out those 6 points have made no difference to our position in as much as we have not gained automatic promotion.

Ipswich could and its a big could go on the The Premiership and receive the 100 million plus payout

Thats irony.

PS Then again Brentford could still pip them to the post

I don''t agree. The bare facts are that we have taken 6 points off Ipswich and we will finish above them. Which is what you would expect, looking at it solely based on those very limited facts, that we have played and beaten them twice, therefore one would think that we are better than them and therefore that we would be ahead of them in the table.

Perhaps more ironic is that we have taken 10 points (3 wins 1 draw) & a goal difference of +7 (9 goals for, 2 against) off the top two, yet we will finish below both of them.

We have beaten Watford twice 3-0, so over 2 games we have scored 6 against them and conceded 0 goals, yet we will finish below them. Likewise, but not to the same extent, for Bournemouth we have won 1 and drawn 1 scoring 3 & conceding 2.

[quote user="daly"]The irony of the present situation is that we have beaten Ipswich twice and got 6  points off them. As it has turned out those 6 points have made no difference to our position in as much as we have not gained automatic promotion. Ipswich could and its a big could go on the The Premiership and receive the 100 million plus payoutThats irony.[/quote]

The irony of the present situation is that Middlesborough have beaten us twice

and got 6  points off us. As it has turned out those 6 points have

made no difference to their position in as much as they have not gained

automatic promotion.

We could and its a big could go on the The Premiership and receive the 100 million plus payout

Thats irony.

[<:o)]

A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what was or might be expected; an outcome cruelly, humorously, or strangely at odds with assumptions or expectations.

[quote user="alartz"]Define using your brain. Certainty not daly[/quote]

alartz

You sound a real nasty piece of work, is no one allowed to make a comment on this board without you making a derisory remark.

You''re an idiot at best

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

A state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what was or might be expected; an outcome cruelly, humorously, or strangely at odds with assumptions or expectations.

[/quote]Sums up supporting Norwich to a tee.....[:D]

[quote user="daly"]

[quote user="alartz"]Define using your brain. Certainty not daly[/quote]

alartz

You sound a real nasty piece of work, is no one allowed to make a comment on this board without you making a derisory remark.

You''re an idiot at best

[/quote]

Just think your posts are pointless and your an Ipswich fan. So I don''t like you tbh

Alartz

You really are an idiot

Why post the remark """"So I don''t like you to be honest""""    You don''t know me

Also what gives you the idea I am an Ipswich supporter. I have been supporting NCFC for around 70 years  I was one of the largest shareholders before I sold most to Mr Albert Jones when him and Mr Chase had control of the club  

[quote user="daly"]

Alartz

You really are an idiot

Why post the remark """"So I don''t like you to be honest""""    You don''t know me

Also what gives you the idea I am an Ipswich supporter. I have been supporting NCFC for around 70 years  I was one of the largest shareholders before I sold most to Mr Albert Jones when him and Mr Chase had control of the club  

[/quote]

So, Daly, you''re responsible for the mess we''re in. [:D]

[quote user="daly"]

Alartz

You really are an idiot

[/quote]

Yeah and I am Dolly Parton

[quote user="daly"]

Alartz

You really are an idiot

[/quote]

[img]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/263/213/c40.jpg[/img]

Pahahaha!!

So you''re roughly 70+ of age with clear case of dementia

Or are you in the year 2046 on football manager.

I''m currently the new Michael Schumacher if that helps you lol

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="daly"]

Alartz

You really are an idiot

[/quote]

So, Daly, you''re responsible for the mess we''re in. [:D]

[/quote]

And that Yankee is how your define irony

[quote user="daly"]I was one of the largest shareholders before I sold most to Mr Albert Jones when him and Mr Chase had control of the club[/quote]   Jones only had 9% of the NCFC shares when he considered selling them, so if that figure included shares he bought from you, you could not have been "one of the largest shareholders" at the time.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="daly"]I was one of the largest shareholders before I sold most to Mr Albert Jones when him and Mr Chase had control of the club[/quote]  

Jones only had 9% of the NCFC shares when he considered selling them, so if that figure included shares he bought from you, you could not have been "one of the largest shareholders" at the time.

[/quote]

Maybe he''s 7 foot tall and weighs 20 stone.

[quote user="alartz"]Pahahaha!! So you''re roughly 70+ of age with clear case of dementia Or are you in the year 2046 on football manager. I''m currently the new Michael Schumacher if that helps you lol[/quote]

Alartz

Don''t know if you have ever had the misfortune to meet anyone with dementia but I can assure you it is nothing to joke about, I am almost 80 and have all my buttons. As for how many shares Mr Jones had and the % is something I cannot comment on. I sold mine apart from 1000 to him and really could not care less if you believe me or not. You and a few more posters on this board just love to put people down and you and them are the reason why supporters do not bother with sites like this. You get more satisfaction in taking the piss out of posters. You need to grow up

[quote user="daly"]

Alartz

You really are an idiot

[/quote]

Don''t you mean the late Jimmy Jones and not his son Albert ?

I remember when Jimmy Jones was buying up the shares. I was told at the time that the going rate was about £17 a pop. A large share holding then would have been many less shares than now as there have been multiple share issues since so the percentage is diluted. 1,000 shares at that time would have been quite a significant share holding. But, like now, they''re only worth what the buyer is prepared to pay.

I don''t think we should be looking at any players until we know which league we''ll be in next season. I''ve looked up Define stats and he''s done quite well in the French league so may be worth a punt.