Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Ian Henderson and Ryan Jarvis

I understood what Nigel concerned about youth players were not enough in the Premiership last season, but hay this is Championship, they got call-up by the Under 19 or 21 national squads, that means they were not really poor or "not good enough", I am sure the national team manager were not blind.

If Nigel think both players were no good, released them since they were in professional player''s wages; if not, play both in the first team back-up or give them some chances to shine, either on the wing or striker and do not just use them on reserves!!!!

Honestly I did not see them played much before, I would say only 1 or 2 games, but youth players MUST need chances to be given to show how they can do for the team.

Last season Jason Shackell used 11 games to prove how wrong Nigel did not use him to play earlier last season, so hopefully this season, there are some more young players will get the chance.

I think if these guys are ever going to shine we have to loan them out this season so they can get some games under their belt.  From what I''ve seen of Hendo again this pre season he doesn''t look like the type of player who will be a regular in our side.  He just doesn''t.  This might be inexperience though.  Get him out on loan and see if he makes the grade

Jarvis will get his chance this season - our main strikers will be Leon and Deano, obviously, with Thorne and Jarvis as back-up...

Hendo, I''m not so sure about... I feel that if Marney suffers an injury, then McVeigh will be in on the right and so can Hughes, and if Hucks does, then Brennan will play on the left... and up front, he''ll be behind the above four, and Hucks as well... so the only way he''ll get a real chance is via an injury crisis, which I hope doesn''t happen (not because I don''t want Hendo to play, but because I just don''t want to lose our key players!).

I think they both deserve to be in the squad though, and maybe next year Jarvis will be in with a decent crack at first team, and Hendo may be sold/loaned...

I have to agree I think jarvis will be needed this season,
henderson might struggle with marney coming in and a wealth
of options around midfield. anyone else see another youngsters
breaking through,we''ve obviously got the boy wonder in midfield.

I don''t think either of them will make it, IMO. I wouldn''t be too surprised to see them go the same way as the likes of Sinclair,  Crow, Llewellyn etc. and see them plying their trade in the lower leagues. Only time will tell, but if they were that great, I honestly think we''d have seen much more of them by now. Yes they are young, that''s true. But as DD said, get them loaned out for a season.

It is strange that both are consistently selected and played at International level but both seem to have little impact at senior Club level.

I would agree with the other posters who say that they need to go out on loan to see if they can actually cut the mustard..one of those 5 month period loans would do for starters and see how the land lies at the end of December - that way they can be recalled early if we hit a massive injury crisis.

isnt Hendo in contention for a starting place on saturday if jarret is injured?

anyway, i dont think either of them will ever get a proper chance to shine and will eventually just leave