Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Anyone Remember Wolves in 2002...

... when their "supporters" turned up ready for failure. Remember that banner the guy took to the game saying "You Let Us Down Again".

And remember how we were full of belief. How we got fully behind our club in the semis and the final. How, even in cruel defeat we were better supporters than the Blue Noses in victory.

I reckon we need to get some of that back rather than continually playing this blame game. I think in a way a lot of us are talking up a defeat and are ready with our "banners".

If Wolves fail to make the play offs maybe the moaners and groaners on here could make an appeal to borrow that banner on their forums. I cannot remember though Nutty if it was too big to drape over the sofa whilst watching the semi finals on the wireless. [:P]

We are collectively in a time of grief at the automatics having gone. Neil wanted that top 2 spot .....it has been obvious all the time he has been here. The players too. But once those play offs start then we will re group

had a very nice weekend in Cardiff apart from the end result

still remember loads of blues running and screaming and wondering what the hell was going on then we saw them mobbing barry fry in the street

Remember being nervous before that wolves playoffs match, being Wolves, being ''one of those teams''. Then went a goal down and it felt like the worse had happened at that point so killed the nerves for me.

We eased it at the end though, i remember that feeling of "they''re never going to turn this around" between the first and second legs and it was the best feeling after worrying for days before the first leg.

I''m kinda hoping we get ipswich in the semi''s as i feel that we could walk away with a 2 goal lead in the first leg, that really would settle the nerves. If we had to face middlesboro i would rather it be in a one off match.

How amazing would it feel to win at Wembley though, every supporters dream, surely?! Once Fulham is over i''m sure i''ll start to feel that nervey/excited feeling - at the moment i''m quite numb to it all for some reason.

Anyone else have intense screams of ''NOOOOOOOO'' in their heads as Daryl Sutch (bless him) stood up to take his pen?

I have never had such a sinking feeling watching a game of footy before than when he came forward to take it. Well, other than Fulham away i suppose. :-/

i remember it all, only too well, that was when Malky was a real hero, his goals aside, with him and Flem at the back we always felt we had a chance, until those penalty''s of course.

Seemed like our CB''s scored more often and midfield less back then, unless my memory is playing tricks on me !

Great moments, and we should want more of the same (heartbreak of penalty shoot out excluded).

I remember it well but what I can''t remember was our form going into the playoffs. I thought when Iwan scored I celebrated like a maniac as I thought it was golden goal in extra time... What a heartbreaking day. That said, I can imagine going up via the Play Offs must feel a million times better than going up in 2nd place, how fantastic it would be to win at Wembley on a sunny bank holiday Monday. Here''s hoping OTBC

If I''m honest I never got over the disappointment of losing the play-off final. Going 1-0 up, I 100% believed we were up.

It would have felt better to be thrashed 5-0 so I would know victory was not deserved.

BUT WE BLOODY WELL DESERVED TO WIN THE GAME!!!

Forget penalties, might as well toss a coin or paper, scissors, stone. Hellish way to determine massive success or another year in the championship.

[quote user="Google Bot"]Anyone else have intense screams of ''NOOOOOOOO'' in their heads as Daryl Sutch (bless him) stood up to take his pen?

I have never had such a sinking feeling watching a game of footy before than when he came forward to take it. Well, other than Fulham away i suppose. :-/[/quote]

It wasn''t just Sutch -we''d failed to score a lot of penalties that season already... soon as it went to penalties I knew we''d had our chips!

[quote user="Deptford Canary"]

[quote user="Google Bot"]Anyone else have intense screams of ''NOOOOOOOO'' in their heads as Daryl Sutch (bless him) stood up to take his pen?

I have never had such a sinking feeling watching a game of footy before than when he came forward to take it. Well, other than Fulham away i suppose. :-/[/quote]

It wasn''t just Sutch -we''d failed to score a lot of penalties that season already... soon as it went to penalties I knew we''d had our chips!

[/quote]

I remember Holty and Mulryne missing in successive games while Iwan was injured. Holty''s against Birmingham cost us because we lost 1-0. But I remember it as a good save. Where as Mulryne''s......