Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Profit???

After sitting here thinking for ... oooh .... a good thirty seconds, I am wondering:

Is Francis the first player Worthington has brought in that we have made a profit by selling?

There may have been others, but the Friday-effect is taking it''s toll on my brain. I can''t think of any...

I think you''re right. Most players signed by Worthington during his time at the club are promptly shipped out on free transfers or the old "contract terminated by mutual consent"

Nice to make money on a player for a change.

Well, the title of the post was "profit" so I don''t think Jonson counts.

But Helveg, you''re right, forgot he was free.

[quote]Mattias Jonson and Thomas Helveg spring to mind.[/quote]

Mattias Svensson.........

ahah, good thread thou, its the only transfer that has been at major interest to the media out of the ones worthy has sold thou.....

You probably need to count Lee Marshall (did we really get 600k for him?!!) and Darel Russell, and to be fair, Gary Holt, who we got for 100k and then swapped several years later for MLJ. You can put whatever value you like on MLJ, but I wouldn''t say we made a loss on Holt.

What''s even more interesting, and if anyone ever doubted the net effect Worthy has had on our club, check out the squad we had when he joined (http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/years/0001.htm) and ask yourself whether the current squad is better or not! Also, look at the size of that squad compared to today''s (I think most clubs are the same on this score) and marvel at the strength in depth. How many of the released players have gone on to make it big?

[quote]Well, the title of the post was "profit" so I don''t think Jonson counts. But Helveg, you''re right, forgot he was free.[/quote]

We made 50k on Jonson, we paid £600K up front with extras rising to million. As he done naff all those extras never came into play . We got £130K for Russell as well with 30% coming back if he''s ever sold by Stoke