Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

side vs fulham

Gotta give some fringe guys a chance now and rest the likes of tettey.

Ruddy, martin, Bennett, bassong, garrido, Redmond, Johnson, vadis, dorrans, hooper, Jerome.

Gotta give hooper and Jerome a game together. I think that duo up front will be key to our playoffs success so they need a game together.

As i mentioned on another thread discussing this, with grabban out for the 2 playoff semis it would becomplete bloody madness to play either jerome or hooper in this game. imagine the outcry either got injured and we''d have to play 2 games with only one striker.

not worth the risk

It''s a difficult one GJL, don''t play them and risk losing the momentum?

I''d play my full 11 until we''re in a winning position in the second half. Then I''d sub off players like Hooper, Jerome and Johnson

Surely an opportunity to give Vadis a full 90 minutes and see if he is someone we can call upon in the playoffs if necessary. Rest Tettey and Jerome. Maybe give Hooper the first half. Give Ryan Bennett another 90 minutes to form a partnership with Bassong.

To me it would make most sense to treat this as a proper play-off warm-up, not by resting players but by getting them up for it and really putting in a proper performance. Ok, guys carrying injuries might not be worth risking, but the idea of putting out a second string and thereby increasing the risk of going into the playoffs with no win in 3 is hardly the right message to send either to our supporters or the sides we might face.

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]Would certainly like to see VOO given a full 90 to make his claim for a place.[/quote]

Agree with this, it would be worth going to the match just to see what this much vaunted player can do. I don''t think we should risk injury to any of our key players so I also think that this is the opportunity for Becchio to start.

Given that the performances against Midds''bro and Rotherham yielded only one point suggests that changes could be made going into the play-offs.   Voo is one that could come in, maybe E.Bennett too, to see if they are up to match fitness.   Other than that,  its the last game of the league season and a win against Fulham would be a real boost to morale, given our record against them, so a strong team is essential imo.

Alex Neil is a winner. He wants to win every single match.

Expect him to put out a side capable of winning the game, which in my opinion could and should be a very strong one.

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 27/04/2015 11:21 PM:Hope Hooper gets a start upfront instead of playing as a number 10. Scored 12 goals in 15 (14) games.

---------------------------------

well I got my wish, I wonder which Hooper will turn up; the lazy one or the goalscorer

Ruddy; E Bennett, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, O''Neil, Johnson; Hoolahan; Hooper. Subs: Rudd (GK), Cuellar, Andreu, Loza, R Bennett, Odjidja, Dorrans.

Pleased to see O''Neil in there, his experience could be important over the next 3 games.

Lack of striker availability? is a big big worry!

Got to think Vadis was a bigger waste of money than Wolf , if he cannot get a start today its doubtful he ever will .

So the Becchio mystery continues - on the bench a couple of weeks ago & now out in the cold again.He must have a seriously bad attitude or something

Worrying that Bradley''s got a yellow already - would definitely get Vadis on second half in his place, he''s more than capable of doing a very good job. Don''t need Bradley suspended!