Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Pass the sick bag!

a blinding piece of biz from worthy what with all the add-ons & sell-ons! we wont get 250k for wigan staying up though

He wouldn''t have written that or said it - a lot of words in there have two syllables.

His agent, who always has a lot to say, would have written it and handed it round at the press conference.  Francis would have sat there and said "yeah" whenever prompted if his performances on Soccer AM are anything to go by.

[quote]Are you sure a bag will be big enough?[/quote]

I give up Rasputin!, its supposed to be a link to the officical Wigwam site, it would appear I''m better with a wand then a pc.

Unless someone can help me, I''m off to sulk for an hour!.

Nasty old hyper thingy.

Help!. 

Who''s he trying to convince that Wigan are a big, forward-thinking club... us or himself?

But then, players always spount this kind of stuff when they sign... look at Marney''s quotes from earlier in the week... LOL.

[quote]I give up Rasputin!, its supposed to be a link to the officical Wigwam site, it would appear I''m better with a wand then a pc. Unless someone can help me, I''m off to sulk for an hour!. Nasty old h...[/quote]

I''ll give you a clue

w w w dot

[quote]Try it with the www''s... some domains are configured to work without the sub-domain, some aren''t (our used to be, but currently aren''t) http://www.wiganlatics.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,...[/quote]

Oh deep joy, thanks Vince. 

I tell you what I did find amusing about his comments. Not the line about Wigan is a forward thinking and ambitious club as that is exactly what they are, if they weren''t they wouldn''t be in the Premier League. What did tickle me was his comments about the speed at which the deal was completed.

"The deal has happened really quickly and It''s great to have signed for Wigan and be back in the Premiership."

Fair enough this deal with Wigan may have happen "quite" quickly, but the length of time that this transfer he has craved has gone on for far too long and now thankfully its over. I''d say that its been 6 months since it all started when Charlton first indicated an interest. Unbelievable

That has got to be his agent speaking as Francis is incabable of stringing two words together.  I saw him get interviewed in our championship season on SKY after we had won and to be honest it was an embarrassment.  You would have thought that SKY were interviewing a 5 year old.

Lets see now ,

" Wigan is a forward thinking and ambitious club , AND THAT FITS IN WITH THE KIND OF PERSON I AM "

... and that fits in with the kind of person I am !!

A person  who was IN the prem last season , with a bigger club , with crowds that make Wigans  look like the qeue  to the local chip shop !

A person  who played for a forward thinking and ambitious club [ us ] ,  yet spent the last five months  doing  bugger all  to help his club out of a relegation battle !! ...

Are you looking in any Wigan fans   ?   well ... lucky you !

Evidently Paul Jewell wants some variety in the squad as according to Francis, (read his agent), the Wigan squad is full of talented hungry players. Certainly, Francis with his lackadaisical approach doesn''t tie in with the hungry bit, so he will provide an alternative.  Or maybe he meant hungry for money..now that would make sense.

Spot on , FatMan and NobbyG - I''ve been in the Gunn Club when Francis has been interviewed by Gunny and there is no way he could have said all that at once.In my estimation it would probably take him a fornight to string all those words together...

With respect to the last paragraph of that article by Damien ( or his agent ) I would like to rewrite it so that it reads as though it has a ring of truth:

"Leaving Norwich was one of the easiest decisions I''ve ever had to make. I was not too happy receiving less money than Huckerby ( even though I was happy with the contract when I signed it ) but when they signed Ashton it was clear there was a lot more money around and I wanted more too. Further, because of the relegation battle, it was clear going into January that the club would be expecting a lot more effort from me. More effort and less money than I thought I was entitled to did not compute in my value system, so I did what any redneck would do in those circumstances. I basically went on strike ( without saying so ). I''d like to thank Nigel Worthington for what he was able to do for me, even though he couldn''t come up with the extra money when it counted. Still, I have to say that we had a few laughs, particularly right after the Fulham game. The Norwich fans have been fantastic except for the last six months when they seemed to want more than I was prepared to give. However, they may get promoted at the end of the coming season and JOIN us in the Premiership".

P.S: We may not JOIN you Mr. Francis but we will be quite happy to REPLACE you in the Premiership. 

Steady on, YC!

Have you been taking some happy pills? If you keep on posting like your last couple we could be singing off the same song sheet and that would really confuse me

Even by football standards that is just about the most obviously pre-prepared statement I have ever read. I didn''t see anything about his real desire to move back to London being the reason he wanted to leave us nor the fact that it was Pompey and nobody else he had his heart set on joining.................I wonder why !!

Mark .Y.