Sign in to follow this  
francis

Thoughts on Playoffs? (boro fan)

Hey guys and girls so what do you think about getting Ipswich in the Playoffs? From a Boro point of view i don''t fancy Brenford at all, its going to be tough and we were utter garbage today.

At least you don''t have far to travel!

I''m not looking forward to it at all. Ipswich are the ''easiest'' out of the three for us, but being a derby and the most important one at that, anything could happen. And don''t fancy meeting your mob in the final either.

The trouble for us is Derby games are abit all consuming so if we get through against Ipswich, i worry for the final we''ll be abit drained. Football wise Ipswich are the weakest team by some distance, however derby games are a great leveller, if you were playing Ipswich i''d fancy your chances. Brentford are going to a loose cannon, what with the manager leaving at the end of the season so tough in it''s own way too.

Do you think that your players will be able to stay on their feet for another 2/3 games ??? The cheating bunch of w*nkers were getting cramp after 15 minutes when you came to carrow road 😒

Please let us meet you at Wembley to put that result right !

Did Middlesbro "handpick" their opponents today?....afterall ,it was in their hand as to whether you finished 3th or 4th today.

Interesting to hear that you don''t fancy Brentford??.

Just glad that your disgraceful antics at Carrow Rd didnt result in your being rewarded with auto promotion.

Most Boro fans are happy we got Brentford over Ipswich as Ipswich beat us easy at Portman Road (although we took them apart at the Riverside).

We''ve beat Brentford twice the season but the match at their ground was really tough and when i''ve seen them play they look a quality side.

To be honest i''d rather play Ipswich in the final (if we get past Brentford) than you. I''d fancy us against Ipswich but against Norwich it would be nip and tuck and i think one moment could settle the game.

We''re hoping two derby games drain whoever goes through from your match. Of course it could galvanise the winner.

I don''t envy you having to play Brentford given that they will be over the moon with today''s results. They wouldn''t have realistically expected to be in the playoffs before kicking off so they will be right up for it.

I think if I were a Boro fan I''d be embarrassed to go on another teams forum and announce I were a fan of said team after the way they conducted themselves at Carrow Rd the other week.

[quote user="Yellows"]I think if I were a Boro fan I''d be embarrassed to go on another teams forum and announce I were a fan of said team after the way they conducted themselves at Carrow Rd the other week.[/quote]

to be fair this particular Boro fan was on this site the day after that match......although back then, it was to partially gloat

I think as long as we don''t concede early if we do play Boro in the final we''ll be ok. The worst thing we could have is another game like we had when Boro came here, got an early goal before falling to the floor at every opportunity in a completely embarrassing manner. What we have to remember is Boro have no shame and it we''ll have to be much smarter than we were against them last time.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Yellows"]I think if I were a Boro fan I''d be embarrassed to go on another teams forum and announce I were a fan of said team after the way they conducted themselves at Carrow Rd the other week.[/quote]

to be fair this particular Boro fan was on this site the day after that match......although back then, it was to partially gloat[/quote]

If anything that makes it worse!

sadly Mrs Miggins, if Boro adopted those tactics again, what could we actually do?......the person who would need to be much smarter would be the referee.

If we started pulling people up off the floor who were feigning injury , we''d probably get ourselves booked.

What I mean by being smarter is to settle the game down quickly. When they came here and were all over us like a rash it looked like we didn''t know what to do in the first 10 minutes. If this happens working the channels is very good way to counter it if the opposition are pushing up on your defensive line and GK.

Glad we finished 3rd and got Ipswich in play offs. Brentford did not really have a prayer but got through and will have momentum. Ipswich are not really on form and are the easier draw.

How embarrassing are some of our fans? Hypocrites and bad losers with very short memories.

Boro'' came to do a job and did it...we''d have done the same/similar. We also could score against them home or away...

...however, I think we''ll win the next 3 games.

come along spencer.....we can all handle a bit of timewasting, but please tell us when you have EVER seen us stoop to some of what Boro did that night......surely you can recognise that that was something a bit different to the norm??

Really pleased to not play Brentford. The play off semis will be such a big deal for them. McCarthy will no doubt bemoan the difference in money in both teams when we play Ipswich but they again will fall short. In my dreams I really really want Boro in the final. And I want us to put right such a wrong. To want revenge is ugly but it would feel like sweet karma to beat a cynical team

Pretty happy to be playing Ipswich to be honest, I think both sides think we are the better team, so we just need to match their commitment and we should be ok.

As for Boro frustrating us at Carrow Rd, lets not kid ourselves if we go 1 up at Wembley and adopt the same tactics & get the win, most will be happy, and will talk about sweet revenge. If they go 1 up the only way we will stop them repeating those antics is to score. The ref for the match at Carrow Rd was very poor, but players will do whatever they can when the prize is big and the margins are small.

However, I fancy Brentford will do Boro in the semi''s. And if we do happen to meet, Redmond will start v Boro.

If you''d been at the game spencer you''d know what I mean. They did indeed do a job on us and deserved to win the game when they came here. It was more their conduct that I found extraordinary. However it will most likely be a different game if we play them.

What with Boro fans coming on here again what next Vicarage? I''m sure he trawls this site still. Would imagine just a little shine would have come off today....90 plus 1 minutes and you miss out on collecting the title and silverware.

But Bournemouth and Watford are high scorers and they have their deserved results. We are also high scoring and must simply believe we deserve that 3rd premier spot

The only previous time Norwich won at Wembley we played Ipswich in a two-legged semi-final then went on to beat a team from the North-East in the final.

Oh! And the year ended in a 5.

I was thinking exactly the same Rudolf. What a fitting tribute to the boys of 85 that would be!

You have every right to be nervous and cautious Johnny, its the play-offs and anything can happen. However the scum are certainly not to be feared.

I''m full of admiration for Bournemouth they fully deserve their title. They''ve played some brilliant football over the season. I feel sorry for Derby missing out. The talk of McClaren to Newcastle has clearly affected them. Overall anything can happen in the Playoffs. They''re just a lottery basically. I agree though that Brentford have the momentum. I hope we have enough steel to do it over two legs. To be fair we''ve been exceptional at home this season so if we can hold them away we should be able to do the job at home.

Would rather be facing Ipswich than boro or brentford but I think we will win the next 3 games. Bring on the over hyped premier league and leave all this excitement behind!

85 or 86 points would have often been enough for either team to go up automatically in seasons past. In fact someone on here was assuring us that 86 points would be enough, but the total has turned out to be a fair bit higher (arguably 90 points given Watford''s GD). Both us and Middlesbrough are perhaps unlucky to be facing more games.In a nutshell, I''d rather be playing Ipswich over two legs than facing them in the final. Conversely I''d rather play Brentford in the final than face them both home and away. I''d say Boro will have their work cut out playing a footballing side whose game is well suited to a knockout competition.