Ruddy; E Bennett, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Howson, O''Neil, Johnson; Hoolahan; Hooper. Subs: Rudd (GK), Cuellar, Andreu, Loza, R Bennett, Odjidja, Dorrans.Not a lot of "resting" going on there - good decision

Could just see a new player emerging today.  A fast right back in the style of a right footed Ashley Cole.  Could be exciting development for us.    He isn''t getting younger and his opportunities eslewhere in the team may be limited.    It shouldn''t stop him from getting forwards either.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Could just see a new player emerging today.  A fast right back in the style of a right footed Ashley Cole.  Could be exciting development for us.    He isn''t getting younger and his opportunities eslewhere in the team may be limited.    It shouldn''t stop him from getting forwards either.

[/quote]Ashley Cole?Lol, seriously?

[:D] Lighten up. If he could turn out half as good as Ashley Cole then great. So long as he doesn''t become a world class tw@ like him.

how dare you talk down about our players, Elliott Bennet is every bit as good as ex England international who was voted the best left back in the world a few years ago, now earning £150k a week...how dare you!

How''s E Bennett been?
by chinacanary 1:19 PM

Comment (1)

↑ 0

• Romily Broad

Actually very good. My colleague says "arguably our best player so far".

1:19 PM

Playing good by the sounds of it. 100 England caps coming up.

I remember when Benno played there before when we had an injury crisis at the back,couple of season back I think .Didnt let us down then and certainly didnt today.

I like him there reminders me of a player called Culverhouse who played there..whatever happened to him?

Played well but didn''t do anything Whittaker hasn''t been doing.

Didn''t put a foot wrong and looked solid - but he had very little to defend against, in reality.

[quote user="step"]I remember when Benno played there before when we had an injury crisis at the back,couple of season back I think .Didnt let us down then and certainly didnt today.

I like him there reminders me of a player called Culverhouse who played there..whatever happened to him?[/quote]

This was the Bolton game Cantiaci Canary referred to.

Ebenno17 was excellent today and linked up well on the wing particularly in the first half.

Seemed to tire in the second half but is well worth a shout to see the season out at RB.

I think I started a thread a while back about this. I believe he has all the marks of an excellent Arab. He has a decent cross, great speed and a lot of dedication. Well played AN for identifying Elliot for this position

Not sure he does have all the marks of an excellent Arab, but if you think so ;)

Anyway yeah he had a pretty solid game, linked up well going forward quite a bit. Never had to do too much defending but can''t remember him ever being too far out of position or anything, kept line better with Martin than Olsson does. Unfortunately its not great timing for trying him out in a new position, going into play-offs and then summer break but perhaps next season whichever league we''re in he''ll get the chance to prove himself there.

[quote user="sonyc"]I believe he has all the marks of an excellent Arab.[/quote]Just don''t mention his camel, he''ll get the hump. [:S]

Oh hell... Typical predictive iPad thing! The season has been a bit of a desert for him though playing wise!

It was interesting to see Bennett tried there today. With Wittikar injured and two fit cbs in Ryan Bennett and Cuellar on the bench it seems Alex Neil is convinced Russell Martin is really important at cb. Where he''s had a great season....

Do people think E. Bennet will be picked for the play-off games at RB? It could be a masterstroke because of the system we play (5 CM players) where our full backs bomb on while our wingers, Howson and BJ, cut inside because they''re not really wingers. Could work very well. Looking forward to it.

I think he might Miggo. It probably hinges on Whitts fitness. But I think it was significant that Martin went back to cb today with a fit Ryan Bennett on the bench.

Another fiver to cough up then Lakey as you finish the season 7-3 up or £35 against £15. [:P][;)]

Shall I get Nutty to post you his PayPal account ? [:D]