Sign in to follow this  
droundi

Aproach to the next two games

I was wondering what people think will be the binner,s approach to the semis. McCarthy knows how we are a better side man for man, so what will be his game plans, and how do we ensure we get through over two legs. I remember losing 2 0 in first leg 85 but keeping it tight after that, to ensure we got best chance and beat them at home which we did of course. Will they go all guns blazing early on a bit like Boro, get a goal and sit onit for rest of tie. Dont think they are good enough to do this mind.

to a large degree , these 2 games are all about what we do.

We have the better players and the better squad.

The key will be Alex Neil playing the right cards in the right order at the right time.

I''d be amazed if we did anything other than go safety first in the 1st leg with the five man midfield of Howson,Tettey,Dorrans,Johnson,Hoolahan with Jerome up front.

But part of me is wondering whether we''d be missing a trick here by not sacrificing one of those "central" midfielders for Redmond, as I think he''d be our best chance of catching a slow back 4 on the break.

We''ve not lost an away game under AN yet, so he''s clearly been getting things right on the road. IMO if we keep that record, and at least avoid defeat (but whilst trying to win), we''ll be fine.

My recollection was that we lost the first leg 1-0!

Also that we were lucky to escape with only a one goal deficit

My old ticker is 30 years older now, and possibly won''t be able to cope with a mirror image first leg, so lets do something a wee bit different this time please!

I think the best way to approach the next two games is to head for Poorman Road for the first match and Carrow Road for the second [:D]

Can''t compromise to ipswich'' total joke of footballing style. They will come out to spoil the game, it''s all they have. They are terrified of hoolahan and Johnson get them on the ball and keep going. Get a goal and they will fall to pieces opening up to us. The minute they open up and attack we will carve them a new one.