Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Once the dust has settled on getting tickets

I am sure we are going to get stories of people who have missed out on tickets for the Semi Final (this will apply to Wembley, as well, if we get there)

My point is, how do computer systems work, when Mr Ordinary Joe, wants to apply to get tickets for a major event? What really happens, on the system, when you start on your computer or even ringing a phone number at the start time, keep hitting refresh or redial, and you ultimately miss out?

Why, in certain instances, are there tens of thousands of tickets available, yet they are sold out within ''minutes''?

I appreciate that certain ''agencies'' get a certain amount pre-sale, but for the majority of people, how does it work?

I read somewhere that the clubs get 37,000 tickets each for the Play Off final though not sure if that is correct or not.

Ahh found it. Both clubs got 37,000 tickets each last year.http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Rams-Wembley-increase-QPR-ticket-allocation-says/story-21111243-detail/story.html

37K is a good number (as a proportion of Wembley) but after the last 24 hours, it is obvious the Club need to sort out a satisfactory system , if we get there

There would need to be a priority, secondary distribution etc,

I am sure not 100% would be happy, but it would need to be far better than yesterday