Sign in to follow this  
daly

Plastics

Too old to understand the modern expressions but I know of one person who I spoke to in the last 2 days who  has 10 tickets for the Hospitatly Lounge at Carrow Road for the Play Offs. He has only been to Carrow Road once this season on a similar ticket offer. Does this mean that Mr.McNally could not care less if the genuine fan gets a ticket but will find availability for those who are finanically better off a way to see the big games but are not interested in the Millwall/Blackpool games

[url]http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-corporate-hospitality-championship-play-off-2428818.aspx[/url]Lots of cash.

This to me sums up the expression.

But too often it is aimed at supporters who love the Club but seldom attend for various reasons. When they do it isn''t at the expense of those who have supported the team through thick and thin ie regularly.

I can''t see the problem, corporate season ticket holders can purchase their seats for the play offs and have the opportunity to buy any other unsold tickets in those expensive areas. I doubt that any other casual supporter who can''t afford a season ticket would be contemplating any of those seats at a couple of hundred quid per person.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Looks to me that the OP is trying to find a stick to beat the Club with.[/quote]

Because he''s a bitter old man. Who used to own all the shares at ncfc. (But doesn''t understand his own question here) massive lol

Far from bitter, just making a comment regarding how folk come out of the woodwork for the big games. Spoke to one of the so called supporters today who is going to the Playoffs and wanted to know how we got on today in our game against Ipswich.

PS Alartz see you''ve still got your nasty side working with your remarks try anger management before its too late

Like it or not, if we get to Wembley then there will be 10,000 plastics supporting "our team" and there will be a lot more who won''t be able to get a ticket.Perhaps it would be better if we restricted our support at Wembley to the 22,000 that go to every game and who think that because they own the Club, nobody else has the right to go to a game every now & then when they feel like it.

[quote user="daly"]

Far from bitter, just making a comment regarding how folk come out of the woodwork for the big games. Spoke to one of the so called supporters today who is going to the Playoffs and wanted to know how we got on today in our game against Ipswich.

PS Alartz see you''ve still got your nasty side working with your remarks try anger management before its too late

[/quote]

When it comes to silly old men like yourself that talk utter tripe.

Yes I feel the need to tell you you''re in your twilight years along time dead and you continue to slate and moan about petite little things when you should be old enough to know better.

Although I am a season ticket holder myself, I get really annoyed at the term plastics. There are loads of reasons why people are unable to go to games as frequently as they might wish, but to say that they are not real fans is totally unfair.1) Too expensive for some to go to all games (particularly with family members)2) Work - on Saturdays and away3) Childcare4) I know older supporters in their 70s and 80s who simply struggle with the cold months but have been regular supporters for years - over 70 years (in one case I know).We shouldn''t look down on these fans but recognise that it''s not easy for everybody to make a year-round commitment. Of course ST/ members should get ticket priority, but there are an army of genuine fans that are supporters but unable to come every week.

I had to give up my season ticket when I got my new job which involves shifts. I purchased a priority membership in the hope that I could make some games this season. The way my work fell, I have only been able to get to 1 game. Does that make me a "plastic"

[quote user="alartz"][quote user="daly"]

[/quote]

When it comes to silly old men like yourself that talk utter tripe.

Yes I feel the need to tell you you''re in your twilight years along time dead and you continue to slate and moan about petite little things when you should be old enough to know better.[/quote]As the OP looks a complete lie to start with it''s best to either ignore or amuse him. Or abuse him......

[quote user="mark7875"]I had to give up my season ticket when I got my new job which involves shifts. I purchased a priority membership in the hope that I could make some games this season. The way my work fell, I have only been able to get to 1 game. Does that make me a "plastic"[/quote]

Yes it very much makes you a despicable plastic

It''s a bullshit term. Tickets should be made priority for the people who go to most games/spend the most money, but the constant dismissing of others who for various circumstances, simply cannot, is silly.

I have no ties to Norfolk, have been to one game, but have supported Norwich since I was a hopper. If I could magic the money (Football is barley accessible to the working class), I would chew off a baby''s hand to see Norwich play Ipswich in a semi final.

But I''m not a plastic. Teams like Norwich don''t have many plastics. And we should welcome extra support. It''s nice.

[quote user=" Badger"]Although I am a season ticket holder myself, I get really annoyed at the term plastics. There are loads of reasons why people are unable to go to games as frequently as they might wish, but to say that they are not real fans is totally unfair.1) Too expensive for some to go to all games (particularly with family members)2) Work - on Saturdays and away3) Childcare4) I know older supporters in their 70s and 80s who simply struggle with the cold months but have been regular supporters for years - over 70 years (in one case I know).We shouldn''t look down on these fans but recognise that it''s not easy for everybody to make a year-round commitment. Of course ST/ members should get ticket priority, but there are an army of genuine fans that are supporters but unable to come every week.[/quote]

Well said that ma...badger [:D]

Well said Samuel. I could understand if we were talking about Chelsea, but us Norwich fans from afar are classed as some sort of inferior support/humans. When WE finished 3rd in ''93, our average attendance was no more than 18000, now it''s 26000. Who are the plastics? We all support City in different ways. My weekend is rather less enjoyable if we have lost, even though i live 400 miles away.

As for cost and time, how many of the so called true fans follow City pre season abroad? If not, why? As Making Plans put it, should we just take 22000 to Wembley if we get there? If you go regularly to games, well done for your support to the club, we are better for you and you rightly deserve tickets for any games.

My son was was born in Cornwall and i have left it to him to decide what team he supports, but he chose City. Why? Because he''s no plastic fan, he supports them because Norwich are the team his family support.

Good luck to all those regulars requiring tickets, i hope you get them and watch us crush the Binners.

You may well have a point, i''m probably envious that you can go to the games and i waste my Saturdays tuning in to threads of the game on computer for a team 400 miles away that don''t win much.

Actually, thank you, I''m off to buy a Chelsea shirt, soon as the shops open.

The value of plastics is that many of them will eventually become full time supporters as everyone has to start somewhere.Can''t imagine that there are many people who went from never going to a game to going to every game overnight.

Thing is Making Plans, supporting a club isn''t like playing golf or some other hobby which you can pick up or leave it. It''s always somewhere in your head. People who move away from the area are no less supporters than those who go each week. Some season ticket holders at Norwich may well have another team they really love, it''s just going to watch a game locally. I''ve done it with Plymouth, i went regularly but it didn''t really leave a bad taste in my mouth if they lost. Many exiled Norwich fans support the club through donations,membership, canaryworld and using the club shop, even having Sky supports Norwich. You are right in why alienate people from supporting the club, include them to grow a bigger fan base.

[quote user="Hector Prune "]^ definition of a plastic[/quote]^ definition of a troll.

It''s not just trolling though but pure stupidity. The more ''non-core'' fans a club has, the more successful it is, as income from TV rights, merchandise and so on goes up. To be anti-plastic is to say, in effect, ''I want my club to exist in poverty, and hence mediocrity.''''nuff said.

still not sure if hector is cannigia/dundee - and that dundee is actually his local team

or should it be lowestoft, diss or beccles?

[quote user="Hector Prune "][quote user="mark7875"]I had to give up my season ticket when I got my new job which involves shifts. I purchased a priority membership in the hope that I could make some games this season. The way my work fell, I have only been able to get to 1 game. Does that make me a "plastic"[/quote]

Yes it very much makes you a despicable plastic[/quote]

You really are a complete dickhead. We''ve had this thread before, just because you can''t go to every single game doesn''t mean you can''t call yourself a City supporter, it comes from the heart not the wallet. Now sod off and join TWTD where the rest of the pricks are.

I think you can''t be a plastic supporter if you support Norwich City

The plastic supporters you see in Norwich are usually wearing a Chelsea or Man U shirts,, never been to a single game, have no historical link to support those teams, and used to be Blackburn supporters back in the mid 90s until they switched their alliance when they became Sh%t.