Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Ross McCormack

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Our manager has said he''s a number 10 and plays behind the striker. Hooper has scored goals so when you say he ''can''t score goals'' you''re clearly lying. I think he''s scored the same goals if not more than Grabban, yet has played less games. For someone who has been playing behind the striker, it''s a good achievement. I wish AN did play him as a striker, but Jerome has also been doing well this season.

At Hooper''s previous clubs he played as a striker, here, as our manager says, he plays behind the striker.[/quote]

Oh the hilarity.

Also nope, doesn''t play behind the striker. HE PLAYS AS A STRIKER. We don''t play a 4-3-1-1-1

So, why the need to constantly slag off OUR players anyway? We have 2, hopefully 3, very important games and Hooper is going to play some part. So either get behind him and the team or FOAD.

Jaemae2, Tony Cottee Woz Ere, Daly, Newton ....  every one of them is a scummer troll.  You only need look at their record of going missing during unbeaten runs and silence after victories to notice that.
Don''t waste your virtual breath on these cretins.  They aren''t fit to eat my sh*t.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]So do you think we play with two strikers then Jaemae?[/quote]

When Jerome isn''t by himself, yep... I bet Grabban''s a #10 too...

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Jaemae2, Tony Cottee Woz Ere, Daly, Newton ....  every one of them is a scummer troll.  You only need look at their record of going missing during unbeaten runs and silence after victories to notice that.
Don''t waste your virtual breath on these cretins.  They aren''t fit to eat my sh*t.
[/quote]

Yeah, that''s what it is...

[quote user="Herman "]So, why the need to constantly slag off OUR players anyway? We have 2, hopefully 3, very important games and Hooper is going to play some part. So either get behind him and the team or FOAD.[/quote]

Why''d people want to with RvW when he wasn''t even our #1 striker?

[quote user="jaemae2"]Also nope, doesn''t play behind the striker. HE PLAYS AS A STRIKER. We don''t play a 4-3-1-1-1[/quote]Well no of course we don''t play a 4-3-1-1-1, that''s ridiculous.What we''ve played under Alex Neil has been something of a 4-4-1-1 with Howson and Johnson as extra central midfielders when defending and inverted wingers when attacking, two deep lying midfielders (a ball winner and ball player) and either Hooper or Hoolahan playing in a second-striker role behind the main striker, be that Grabban or Jerome. Yesterday saw Hooper cover that lone striker role due to injury / suspension / Becchio being truly awful.You are right that Hooper doesn''t really have the pace or physical presence to play as a loan striker at this level and I''d say Alex Neil agreed with you.You may be better off arguing that as both work as second-strikers playing off the target man McCormack has got 11 assists to Hooper''s 6 this year as well. As he''s playing for a poorer side that suggests he is the better player of the two. Which is probably why he cost more in the first place.

[quote user="Holtcantshoot"][quote user="jaemae2"]Also nope, doesn''t play behind the striker. HE PLAYS AS A STRIKER. We don''t play a 4-3-1-1-1[/quote]Well no of course we don''t play a 4-3-1-1-1, that''s ridiculous.What we''ve played under Alex Neil has been something of a 4-4-1-1 with Howson and Johnson as extra central midfielders when defending and inverted wingers when attacking, two deep lying midfielders (a ball winner and ball player) and either Hooper or Hoolahan playing in a second-striker role behind the main striker, be that Grabban or Jerome. Yesterday saw Hooper cover that lone striker role due to injury / suspension / Becchio being truly awful.You are right that Hooper doesn''t really have the pace or physical presence to play as a loan striker at this level and I''d say Alex Neil agreed with you.You may be better off arguing that as both work as second-strikers playing off the target man McCormack has got 11 assists to Hooper''s 6 this year as well. As he''s playing for a poorer side that suggests he is the better player of the two. Which is probably why he cost more in the first place.[/quote]

All of that, thank you. You care more about the argument than I do.

Its a shame, I got you to kind of admit you were talking b0ll0cks a few weeks ago, unfortunately herpes does come back.

Just because this bashing of Hooper and praise of Mccormack is really annoying me I dug a little deeper. All of the stats are from ESPN Soccer Stats across all competitions and assuming an average of 2 minutes stoppage time per half:

McCormack -

Starts:48   Subs:3 Total Minutes: 4545 Goals: 19 Assists: 10 Shots:155 On target: 59

Hooper:

Starts:18 Subs:14 Total Minutes:1430 Goals:12 Assits:6 Shots:30 On Target:19

So how minutes for each of these McCormack : Hooper -

Goals- 239.2 : 119.2

Assists- 454.5 : 238.3

Shots- 29.3 : 47.7

On Target- 77 : 75.3

So across all measures the only one which McCormack (who apparently hasn''t been playing as a striker all season) rates higher is minutes per shot but most of those have been off target. Now Jamae, considering that McCormack has played against all of the same teams (in the league at least) as Hooper how are you going to twist these to bash Hoops?

Gary Hooper''s maybe not the potential superstar we thought we were getting when he signed, but he''s certainly good enough for this league and probably for the Premier League.