Sign in to follow this  
TheRock

Loan players' eligibility for play-offs

Can someone just clear this up for me?Will the other teams get to use their loan players in the play-offs? I''ve heard "season-long loan" players'' deals finished on Saturday, and they cannot be renewed for the Playoffs now (the window is shut)Does this mean players like Pritchard (Brentford), Vossen + Bamford (Boro) and Sears + Chaplow (Ipswich) won''t be able to feature?And am i right in thinking Dorrans for us is exempt from this rule because he is on "93 days loan" rather than "season long"?

I thought they bought Sears? Spent a massive £100k on him.

I think they will still be eligible. Does anyone know if Lafferty would be available if his loan ends before the playoffs? Would rather have him on the bench than Loza...

I''m pretty confident that pretty much every ''season long'' loan takes in the play off dates. There''s a bit on the BBC sport website today about how Newcastle can''t recall someone from Forrest despite the fact that Forrest are obviously done for the season! The slight difference with Dorrans is that he was an ''emergency'' loan I believe, which meant that we could only have him for 93 days, hence why we waited a little bit so the play off dates were covered...

Anybody feel free to correct me but that''s my understanding.

Didn''t we take him for an initial or month loan which took us up to the international break, at which time we loaned him again for 93 days, which ensured his availability for the playoffs. Regarding other clubs loan situation, I am certain that a season long loan goes through to June 30th.

Dorrans can play.

Bamford can but I''m not sure if he''s fully fit. I presume the Ipswich ones will be available.

Lafferty and RVW can''t play because international loans are treated like full transfers and he will have to register with us again in the summer.Turner and the kids might be able to but they obviously wouldn''t get into the squad and some of their own post seasons.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]I think they will still be eligible. Does anyone know if Lafferty would be available if his loan ends before the playoffs? Would rather have him on the bench than Loza...[/quote]

With what Lafferty got up to off the field , I would be very very surprised if he ever plays for us again