Sign in to follow this  

How much do you reckon he would cost Jimmy? Fulham also have young winger Patrick Roberts who looks as if he''s got a bright future ahead

Not really sure who he would replace but I don''t think our current 2 centre backs are necessarily going to be regular starters if we manage to get up.

I would expect Turner, Cuellar, Miquel to probably be offloaded and so we would need to strengthen this area of the squad.

If we don''t get up then this lad could be a ready made start in the Champs.

Mrs. M - I reckon he may be around 1.5 million which is peanuts if we are a Prem outfit again.

Aden Flint, if he could be prized away from Bristol City must be worth consideration.

B City''s defence has been pretty solid this season, but it''s his eleven goals since the turn of the year that catches the eye.

£1.5m If we go up may well be worth a punt, we could always loan him back for a season.

If we do go up I think we need to spend some serious money on our back-line on quality players to firstly make sure we stay up, but also so we have a really solid squad to use. The premiership suits Olsson''s game much more as we saw last season but Martin at CB along with Bassong and Whits at the back doesn''t fill me with confidence in a higher league. (Cue people saying ''but Olsson has been our worst defender this year,'' which is true, but this season has no relation to what the premiership holds, a few premiership teams realised this in January when they came calling, e.g. Swansea and West Brom.) We know which players have the quality and which don''t, and we know the players who weren''t really up for playing in this league every single week. - none of this will matter if we go up.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]How much do you reckon he would cost Jimmy? Fulham also have young winger Patrick Roberts who looks as if he''s got a bright future ahead[/quote]

He did look an excellent player

really depends what league we are in - and which of our current cbs stay.

whichever league we are in we do need to strength the cb position. even on our recent run there remain clear issues with the martin bassong option - hesitancy, lack of understanding, lack of pace, strength and ability to read the game are all lacking as a pair. Ryan is the best alternative but at best is only the main choices equal. Most of the top champs teams have better partnerships than ours. Bassong Martin is not as strong a pair as the last two promotion partnerships we had.

As such seeking improvements over the summer is a must. I am not sure Burns is better, or likely to be better, than Bennett. I can only see us being interested if we fail over the next three games.

If we get promoted Burns simply is not good enough and we will need to buy 3 new first choices defenders to compete.

I thought he looked decent for this level.

I wouldn''t be overjoyed if he was our 1st choice C/H if we got promoted. Imagine Aguero/Sanchez etc coming up against him? He''d give Crouchy a good match up, but what qualities do people think he could offer to combat the wee men, at that level?

Looking at Fulham for centre backs doesn''t seem wise given their record this season. Is he an exception? A good defender trapped with several rubbish ones?

win the playoffs and will hughes and jordan rhodes should be on the shopping list, but 4 new defenders would have to be the priority, none of the current back four other than maybe olsson are premier league qualityno promotion and it will be a rebuilding job as weve got a few premier league quality players that probably wont hang around.