Sign in to follow this  
OBH

Do you follow another team?

I am 19, and I have supported Norwich for years. My dad raised me to support Preston (being his team), but I obviously made the better decision and started liking Norwich from being 6.

But I know alot of people do have a 2nd team, often foreign. I have a friend who lived in Germany for 2 years, and he now follows Norwich and Bayern. I support Norwich and follow Lechia Gdansk in the Polish Ekstraklasa.

I was just wondering if you do have a 2nd team, who is it?

I actively follow Norwich City and Norwich City U21s. In spirit I follow anyone who''s playing ipswich.

There are teams I favour more than others but none come close to my love for Norwich and there are teams I despise but none come close to my hate for Ipswich... except maybe Liverpool... and Wolves

Norwich will always be my first love, but I lived in Turkey for a bit and support Fenerbahce. I say support rather than follow because I actively keep up with the news and watch all the games online (unless it clashes with Norwich).

I go and watch local sides Brentford or Kingstonian sometimes with friends, so have an interest in them but you can never really ''support'' another side in anything like the same way.

Hungary, and currently follow Hertha Berlin as Hungary''s manager manages their team as well a "side job".

(It''s a funny story: last September the Hungarian FA sacked the incumbent and appointed, as interim manager, Pal Dardai (38), who was the youth coach of Hertha at the time and had no "proper" managerial experience. Following his succesful stint (7 points in 3 games) his contract has been renewed until the end of the Euro campaingn, but still on a part time basis. Then in February, Hertha fell to the bottom of the table, they sacked their manager, and appointed, as you may have guessed, Dardai, who sorted their defence and steered Hertha back to safety. (Hertha''s 7 game unbeaten run was ended by a late goal conceded to Bayern.) At the moment there is a tug-of-war between Hertha and the Hungarian FA over Hertha''s right to recall Dardai, should they, by all likelyhood, give him the Hertha job.)

It''s only Norwich and England for me, but I have a bit of a quandary, in that when my two daughters were very young I told ''em they can support a local team or the team of their Dad. (No glory plastics).  Whilst my eldest picked Norwich and now travels to Norwich every other week with me. My youngest chose Swindon Town, altho'' she''s never watched them live. but I always said that my first visit to the New Wembley would be with Norwich, now she says that if they get to the final I should take her, the day before we will be there !

I used to know an old man who worked for the then British Rail so got subsidised rail travel and was a ST holder at both Carrow Road and Poorman Road. He told me he just loved football but supported City in the Derby games.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I used to know an old man who worked for the then British Rail so got subsidised rail travel and was a ST holder at both Carrow Road and Poorman Road. He told me he just loved football but supported City in the Derby games.[/quote]That old man surely had his priorities right, i.e. first and foremost he loved the game, his love of his club deriving from that together with local allegiance. What a lot of pleasure he must have had! I bet he and I weren''t the only Norwich fans at Portman Road in those far off days when Ipswich flew high.

The only reason I have ever attended Poorman Road is to cheer on the opposition, nearly always our beloved Canaries. My late father took me to the dump once to see the scum play Arsenal when I was in my teens. I''ll never forget the dirty looks I got when I cheered Charlie George when he scored for the Gunners. What made it better was that our tickets were a gift from their supporters club. Happy days!