Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

It's a mental thing

Yes, we all know the ''form'' arguments about going into games like these, but I am convinced that AN will be giving a lot of time towards the ''mental'' side.

Just being wary of the occasion and the the hype etc, affecting our players focus on just concentrating on the game itself.

Perhaps Lewis Grabban''s punch vs Rotherham may be a big pointer to use, as how not to react in pressure situations.

Do not let things get personal, and let egos take over. It''s all about the greater good

The Binners will be using all sorts of tactics this week, (MM is already starting, trying to get a rise out of the inexperienced Manager) and during the game, but it could be a deciding factor if we can stay away from that and just concentrate on playing our game, because if we are on it, we will progress to Wembley

Absolutely right - for a big game like this especially against our biggest rivals, the mental side is crucial. Just look at say Man City losing to Wigan in the FA Cup final.

Fortunately AN strikes me as a very canny type with maturity beyond his years. I expect he''ll continue to play it absolutely straight, giving them respect but not bigging them up (a la Hughton), and not givine MM anything he can use in the dressing room - while using their comments to make sure our guys are up for it, not complacent, but don''t get carried away.

As you say Grabban''s punch is a perfect example of what happens when you get carried away.

Went to the players awards on Saturday night, and listened to Alex talk, and he will not be distracted or drawn into mind games.

When told that Ipsich will be viewed by the majority to be the underdogs, he responded with " ever since he arrived here, after every game the opposition manager would big Norwich up, saying that with our squad and the experience of the individuals within it, they expect us to be running away with it", that talk doesn''t wash with him, its about the players giving their all in every match, him supporting and matching their commitment, focused, determined and confident with a hint of arrogance is how I would describe our Sir Alex, the mental side should be well under control.

Hamilton accies were 2 - 0 down in the first leg ..I watched the game .I knew that he was p!sssed right off .gave hibs to much respect ..he had them fired up for the game at Easter road ..out classed the Hibees .he will have Norwich pumped up ..few goals and a clean sheet will do away.