Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Football League Show

We don''t have enough plastic support to justify greater exposure. It''s all about advertising "reach". No slacking on holiday CK. Let''s see if you can boost the sales of away strips to the good folks of Portland, Oregon. They anyway think of us as agreeable pre-season cannon fodder for the Timbers so you''ll have a head start there [:D]

What we need is a West Coast PUP. As I look at the PUPmap your area isn''t properly represented. So in order to put right that anomoly would you help us be selecting from the suggestions for the match at Ipswich on the thread I put up tomorrow 6pm my time? You''d really get me out of a muddle if you could be the man from del Monte and say yes :)

Well if we finish up in The Premiership us and Bournemouth will be in competition for the last 1 minute of broadcast on the BBC with the fairy Savage knowing all the answers to our defensive problems

PS Where does he get his hair done NORCUTTS

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]We don''t have enough plastic support to justify greater exposure. It''s all about advertising "reach". No slacking on holiday CK. Let''s see if you can boost the sales of away strips to the good folks of Portland, Oregon. They anyway think of us as agreeable pre-season cannon fodder for the Timbers so you''ll have a head start there [:D][/quote]

Thanks WCC, doing a tour from Seattle to San Fracisco, catch the first leg, back for Wembley.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What we need is a West Coast PUP. As I look at the PUPmap your area isn''t properly represented. So in order to put right that anomoly would you help us be selecting from the suggestions for the match at Ipswich on the thread I put up tomorrow 6pm my time? You''d really get me out of a muddle if you could be the man from del Monte and say yes :)[/quote]

Sorry Nutty, can''t help this time. Maybe CK could do it as an honorary West Coaster :-)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How about it CK? We''d love to have you on board.[/quote]

Never given it any thought, what''s it all about ?

Thanks CanaryKing. Rays Funds is just a group of Pink Un Posters called the Pink Un Pickers or PUPs. It''s explained here : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3221365/ShowPost.aspx

Under the How It Works heading you will see this: -

"For the last two seasons an anonymous benefactor funded a match bet where PUPs choose how to spend £6 betting on the weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions are made on the thread from which the week’s nominated picker can make a choice or go with their own."

Now that we have a couple of extra fixtures and maybe a third our anonymous benefactor is keen that we get some different posters to make these picks. I am in agreement too because Rays Funds belongs to everyone who posts on this board.

So you''d be doing me a huge favour if you''d agree to make the picks for the game at Ipswich on Saturday. What it would entail would be for you to read the suggestions for the Norwich match on the Rays Funds Week 40 thread and choose up to six that you like best. These are things like "first goalscorer" or "correct score" and the like. If you look on Week 39 thread :-

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3243020/ShowPost.aspx

you will see that Josh Linton did it. He was unlucky but his was a great effort.

It may sound daunting but it really isn''t. And the whole Rays Funds community will support you all the way. If it''s not clear then just ask here or email me on canaryeddie@aol.com

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]A 90 minute show (with commercials) to show all the goals from the 3 leagues?

Blink and you miss it highlights then.[/quote]The BBC version is usually just over an hour I think, so I expect in terms of actual highlights/goals the two shows won''t differ too much in that respect.

Is it really only that long? It feels so much longer...

The fact that pretty much every club in the football league shows their own highlights on YouTube means that a show of this format is like a relic from a bygone age of broadcasting.

With so many games to show they can''t possibly hope to add any insight. The occasional ''behind the scenes'' feature will draw interest from one specific set of fans as will extended highlights of one game but all-in-all I can see why the BBC weren''t particularly eager to maintain the rights.

Shame it will be lost from the iPlayer though.

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="nutty nigel"]How about it CK? We''d love to have you on board.[/quote]

Never given it any thought, what''s it all about ?[/quote]

If you''d rather not it''s no probelem buddy. Just let me know either way in time to get someone else. And maybe have a go next season?

whether we are in it next season or not, that the 4th most watched footabll league in the world doesnt justify more than a c20mins in a 60-90 show once a week is an odd un.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="nutty nigel"]How about it CK? We''d love to have you on board.[/quote]

Never given it any thought, what''s it all about ?[/quote]

If you''d rather not it''s no probelem buddy. Just let me know either way in time to get someone else. And maybe have a go next season?

[/quote]

Thanks for invite, maybe see you in August