Sign in to follow this  
pearsos

Wembley Tickets - Getting Them

If we do get to Wembley (and I really hope we do) I just hope that it''s going to be easier to obtain the tickets than it was for season ticket holders trying to secure their seats for the home leg against Ipsh*t.

We spent 2 hours online before finally getting through and having read of the problems some people had (including those with far more away points than 1400) trying to get tickets for the away game at Portaloo Road I sincerely hope that things run a lot smoother as it''s going to be a much bigger job as the club will have to print and send out some 37,000 tickets (less those who go to the ticket office) rather than just activating current season tickets.

I would hate for any season ticket holder to miss the set deadline (due to system problems), which I''m sure will only be 2 or maybe 3 days rather then the 8 days they gave for the semi-final home leg. 

Any thoughts? 

It wasnt hard securing my ticketI walked in to chapelfield yesterday handed over £50 and walked out about a minute later with my tickets on my season tickets

[quote user="canary_1902"]Are home season ticket holders guaranteed play-off final tickets?

[/quote]

ST '' s should be okay, with possible allocation of at least 35,000 all our 20,000 ST ''s will be guaranteed a seat though you maybe surprised how many will not go. I estimate 18,000 will be up for members and then other supporters. Anybody who wants to go, will. Getting the damn things will be the problem. Let''s hope.

Play-off final tickets are printed by the league and in recent years sales have been outsourced to SeeTickets (who do Glastonbury, big concert tours etc) so I expect it would be through them online/on phones, with all tickets sent through post. Club would supply the list of season ticket holders, members etc to SeeTickets to ensure fans can buy in whatever priority order is applied (presumably one per ST holder, member etc)

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Call me superstitious, but can we delete and ban this thread until Sunday-week?[/quote]Yes, agree - tempting fate.

[quote user="pearsos"]

I just hope that it''s going to be easier to obtain the tickets than it was for season ticket holders trying to secure their seats for the home leg against Ipsh*t.

We spent 2 hours online before finally getting through......

Any thoughts? 

[/quote]

Any thoughts ? Yes.Why did you spend two hours online when the deadline for applications is May 11th ? At least you went online which I suppose is better than some. I saw a picture of a long queue of people outside the ticket office in the pouring rain last Sunday and I know for a fact that some of them were season ticket holders wanting get their home leg ticket. What was that all about ?Wembley applications ? Might be best to worry about that if we qualify....

Yeah I really didn''t get the whole rush to get tickets. They even opened the club shop for normal hours on the Bank Holiday to account for it. What''s the point?

Season ticket holders had over a week to buy their tickets. Logged on yesterday and bought mine in a manner of minutes.

It was those panicky season ticket holders who caused the internet and telephone meltdown last sunday.