Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Team for Saturday?

[quote user="Ray"]BroadstairsR,

I tend to agree, just shows the depth of the squad, one which as you say, should probably already be in the Prem, but sh*t happens and NCFC (any section of it, players, fans, management, etc.) don''t control the world but do control the way they think about it. So as is mentioned in another thread, it is now a mental thing.

Im sure Mick knows how to manage a team haha

The winners will probably be the team that has the greatest belief they will win, because they both no doubt think they can. It''s about understanding the part the brain (mindset) plays. Hopefully MM is telling his players what he doesn''t want them to do (e.g. don''t let him inside, etc.) and AN is telling ours what he does want them to do (keep him outside) it makes a massive difference to the message the subconscious recives and subsequent physical performance.[/quote]

I think most of the line ups suggested should be capable of doing the job.

To me its a question of who not to put in, and that in the away leg means not playing Wes and Redmond together. One or other, probably Redmond for his pace, but a McCarthy team could overpower a powderpuff midfield.

I do have a slight preference for Hooper over Jerome to start in this one, I thought he was excellent against Fulham, worked hard and was unlucky with a few bounces and passes which didn''t quite fall his way for a goal.

Personally I would put Benno and Redmond on the right as Mings is a right back that loves to come forward but is poor defensively. BJ and Olsson on the left have kept their right side quiet in both games this season. Sears also has a bit of pace and quick feet so will play off Martins shoulder and Benno is definitely quicker than Whittaker. Tempted to play Bennet ahead of Martin due to his heading ability so only keeping Martin in as Bennet is injury prone.I like Jerome but he needs someone to play off him, Wes isnt the man for that and their centre backs are good in the air so no point swinging in crosses. Whilst I appreciate that Fulham were woeful we looked pretty good going forward on Saturday so if Tettey is fit then I would swap him for Dorrans, if he isnt then no change for me.Bit of a lopsided formation with more onus on the right side of atttack but BJ`s best play comes from late runs into the box not his build up play and I think Mings can be got at.                      RuddyE Benno Martin Bassong Olsson                       Tettey          Howson               BJ                         Wes    Redmond                                            Hooper

@Molly Windley, Mings is a left back & even if he was a right back as you suggested it wouldn''t have been Redmond or Benno facing him, it would have been Olsson & Johnson. :)

Adycakes,

So it would be Redmond and Benno then? Probably just a typo by Molly!

Nutty,

I doubt it, I think Loza would/could be used as a surprise package off the bench, insomuch he is quick, has some trickery and knows where the goal is. If Jerome was unfit I would go with Hooper. I think I would only use Loza (assuming no injuries during the match) as an potentially ''unknown'' quantity if we had a lead of 2 or more, simply to put them on the back foot knowing they would have to be coming at us and his pace may open up more opportunities for us to, let''s hope, blow them out of the water and make the second leg pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Agree with your analysis off the bench Ray.

If we start with one striker and Jerome is fit he starts. If Grabban was available it would have been between him and Jerome to start. Hooper''s a great goalscorer but I''m not sure he''s the man to play as one striker. I think AN has some faith in Loza. He could be a surprise package to start.

Hopefully Cameron Jerome is fit and all this is academic[:)]

[quote user="Ray"]Adycakes,

So it would be Redmond and Benno then? Probably just a typo by Molly![/quote]Sorry was a typo, meant left back, apologies.In reality we have so many more options than Ipswich in the way we can set up and play that I expect AN will have plan A, B, C, D and E and I do not believe that they have the personnel to cover all our options.