Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Portaloo capacity is now only 29,000

Just read the following on the EADT web site:

''Steve Pearce, from Ipswich Town FC, said: “We have only 400 left. It will definitely be a sell out by the end of today.

“In the ticket office they have been on the phones non-stop, it has been a great morning.”

Portman Road’s official capacity of 30,311 will not be reached, due to the club taking a number of seats out over recent years. The presence of Sky Sports cameras further reduces the capacity to a number closer to 29,000.''

This confirms a conversation I had with a neighbour of mine that used to work for the binners for years at the ground. He told me that over the past few seasons whenever a seat is broken they have never replaced it but taken out seats from corner positions around the ground. I guess they never need them!

In other news there is talk that the binners will be wearing shirts with four stars on them as they have sold out for the first time in years and years at normal prices!

What a ferkin joke, we have so many discussions on here,ad nauseum , about ground expansion while at the same time the summers have a sneaky ground reduction plan.

Didn''t they go into administration because of their ground expansion? They left local small businesses and charities short.All part of that illustrious "history" they go on and on and on about whilst never mentioning that disgrace.

What a waste of space...build a Poundland Superstore on the place and reduce the capacity of the new stadium to about 9,500 (might just fill that...possibly...a couple of times a season...if they''re lucky)!!!

Apples

A confirmed sell out today resulted in an 29,166 attendance proving that over 1000 seats have been lost at portaloo.