Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

If we are going to get promoted Neil has to stop favouring Dorrans over Wes

This is not having a go at Dorrans who is decent enough but he''s one central midfielder too many and we all know we don''t keep or pass the ball well enough when Wes is not on. We looked so much better after his introduction.

So for me its the bench for Dorrans next week, R Bennett at CB for the hapless Martin who was the sc*ms most creative player and I would also seriously consider starting Hooper.

Disagree, thought it was the right move for a few reasons.

1- they play long balls so if we have a 3 man midfield we can collect the knock downs easier (although for their I don''t know why Tettey was as far up the pitch as he was.

2 - when we have the ball on the attack, having both Howson and Dorrans, it enables easier rotation as well as the fact that it gives the midfielders the chance to run on, in behind, which is much harder to defend against; Howson scoring is a perfect example of this.

3 - Jerome did well, however I thought AN should''ve changed it much sooner in bringing Hooper on.

On the subject of Ryan Bennett, it''s a good point, I just wonder how match fit he is

don''t cross the boss ..im sure if you keyboard warrior''s were manager you would win the champions league with Norwich

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Disagree, thought it was the right move for a few reasons.

1- they play long balls so if we have a 3 man midfield we can collect the knock downs easier (although for their I don''t know why Tettey was as far up the pitch as he was.

2 - when we have the ball on the attack, having both Howson and Dorrans, it enables easier rotation as well as the fact that it gives the midfielders the chance to run on, in behind, which is much harder to defend against; Howson scoring is a perfect example of this.

3 - Jerome did well, however I thought AN should''ve changed it much sooner in bringing Hooper on.

On the subject of Ryan Bennett, it''s a good point, I just wonder how match fit he is[/quote]

We obviously watched a different game. We completely dominated once Wes came on due to the fact we were finally able to retain possession.

Dundee are $hit so you have to support Norwich, is that it? I''ve got news for you, Norwich aren''t that good - go and support Arsenal or Man Utd, someone like that, I''m sure they''d love to have you on their forum, you''d fit right in.

LOL Dundee! It''s a good point though. I love the finality of it. Not "in my opinion..." But

"We won''t get promoted unless I''m manager"

Wasn''t so long ago we couldn''t win playing both Tettey and Johnson....

I''m not saying we didn''t Jim, but the scum were vastly different team in the second half than they were in the first, that''s not because of the little Irish Wizard was it.. Hoolahan didn''t play that well when he came on, I do expect him to start in the home game though as it seems much more appropriate.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I''m not saying we didn''t Jim, but the scum were vastly different team in the second half than they were in the first, that''s not because of the little Irish Wizard was it.. Hoolahan didn''t play that well when he came on, I do expect him to start in the home game though as it seems much more appropriate.[/quote]

They were quite passive really weren''t they second half. To be honest we dominated most of the game and had we not gifted them that goal it would have been a comfortable one nil.

Looking at the second leg they will think they can get some joy out of our centre backs so expect them to target that. I thought we had acres of space down the flanks but never really made the most of it so hope Neil looks at ways to exploit that better. Overall though they still look a very ordinary, if reasonably effective side who are not going to cause us too many problems from open play.

champions league final 2017 Norwich v Hamilton accies .Ziggy Gordon flashes a header past ruddy ..Delia sacks Alex Neil in a moment of rage .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTIW28H19Fw

AN interview

Jim, as AN says and justifies his decision, especially in the ''early part of the game'' we needed to get the ''second balls''

I still think he made the right decision, but as I say, I expect Wes to start the next game at home.

we shall put aside Scotland and England petty differences and become queen of the south fans tonight lol the billy boys must stay down

I reckon Wes may start too at home and agree we played Dorrans to add some physicality at their place. We were a little isolated up front with just the one upfront. Maybe AN was playing safer today .....Johnno had one of two chances even then

Im sure Wes will start at home, when he came on we kept the ball more, but Jerome was isolated far too much today and didn''t look 100% fit to me, i don''t think Dorrans was any less effective than anyone else in Midfield,next saturday would be good to see 2 up front and we would get best out of Wes, IMO

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Im sure Wes will start at home, when he came on we kept the ball more, but Jerome was isolated far too much today and didn''t look 100% fit to me, i don''t think Dorrans was any less effective than anyone else in Midfield,next saturday would be good to see 2 up front and we would get best out of Wes, IMO[/quote]

What do you mean 2 up front? Haven''t you heard? Hooper doesn''t play up front and isn''t a striker...

Think we were set up to be more cautious for the first 75 minutes that a normal Alex Neil team, hence the exclusion of Wes.

As the game wore on, we gained more and more control, much more possession and, in the end, looked like there would be only one winner.

I hope I''m wrong, but Ipswich''s best chance was to gain a foothold in the first hour of the first leg, before our quality started to shine through.

They can bang the drum all they want, but I would imagine deep down, Ipswich will be thinking that any chance they had may have gone, and will dread the thought of an early goal for us, because if that happens, I think we will walk away with this,

I saw nothing for us to fear at all and I fully expect Wes to be reinstated next week, possibly for Dorrans as I think Redmond keeps Mings thinking about his defensive responsibilities.