Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Radio Norfolk phone in

Listening to Knob Butler saying when Wes came on he was brilliant yes he was at Ipswich and I was watching on sky..but I don''t think he was that good rose tinted glasses again

Been listening to it all - quite honestly I''ve never heard such a load of rubbish from all of the callers. Incoherent, babbling and totally clueless.My conclusion is that anyone who phones in either hasn''t watched the game (and most of them admitt that they haven''t), they have watched it but not understand it or their just idiots.

I thought Wes done well, we were all at sea after Ipswich scored he held the ball and from my point of view scared the shit out of Ipswich

Obviously like Redmond if you are going to take players on you will lose  the ball at times but the plusses outweigh the negitives.

I thought Redmond was our threat.

And so people still give butlers views any credibility?

"Redmond kept Mings interested"?

I am afraid that Redmond should have been the threat. He was so passive in his play. He could have done so much more, especially in the first half, when he saw more of the ball.

He plays the ball and then stands still, he doesn''t ''go'' for another phase.

I cannot believe he would have been told to do that(as in go onto defensive mode, once he has played ball forward, which seemed to happened on numerous occasions)

Redmond did ok, Jerome was isolated, and our midfielders struggled to get going, Tettey played well, we will play better next week, not sure they will ! Still believing

My point is that Redmond could have done a shed load, and influenced the game, more. He had enough of the ball, even in the 2nd half, in good positions, but either did not use his pace when he had space to, or did not use his ability to beat players. He also passed the ball forward and then stood still, as opposed to aid the numbers in dangerous positions.

At home games I get frustrated with him when he has space to ''skin'' defenders but slows the attack down (a la Snodgrass) which for me is worse,a she has more pace and tricks than Snoddy.

He could be so much better

That is a fair point Crabby, i dot know why, but Redmond seems to lack self belief at times, yet when he plays with England U21''s he shows no fear? he has the talent to rip defenders apart, and did ok today but not often enough, looked like he was going to get a goal today, but never quite got there.

show''s how differently things are at the ground compared to on Tv.Wes was woeful when he came on!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]show''s how differently things are at the ground compared to on Tv.Wes was woeful when he came on![/quote]

Fghking clueless.

Wes made a very positive impact. The game was going no where until he came on. We then started holding the ball in there final third, we started taking the ball from throw ins instead of the long throw up the line.

If Hooper had come on sooner too, I reckon we''d have cut through them for the winner.

Red minds game improved with Wes on too.

How on earth you can say he was woeful is beyond insane.

If we go up this season, it''ll be because wes starts the next two games. I''ll guarantee it.

Oh, there''s an old boy who rings in "quoite reglar". He talks too slow for me to listen. It takes him 2 minutes to say what most people could say in 15 seconds. Painful drivel.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Wes added calm, creativity and ball retention to our play. No coincidence we got on top and started creating again when he entered the Fray.

Imo he was very good[/quote]

I agree CUSDP, Wes added the measured control we were threatening without delivering. For me, I would keep Redmond in as I think you need width next week, as we still have to go and win the game. Dorrans for me to make way, not that I think he deserves to be dropped, but Howson is playing too well and it has to be a choice between the two.

Would be tempted with Hooper, but Jerome offers the cover at their set pieces, which they place such emphasis on.

We dominated when wes came on. Dorrans was poor. As for Redmond £8-9 million in the summer? Break wrists for it so overrated it''s untrue. Final ball = w@nk