Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We must have new squad photo!

As it would appear that the landlubber Francis has now jumped ship for Wigan, we must have, ney demand, a new club photo for this season.

I mean, who want the sulky old 666 kid leering at them from their bedroom or office walls?.

We also have Marney now, so let''s get up to speed here City, because I don''t want to have Francis anywhere near my City heroes thank you.

I meant to add, is there anyone clever enough to print the club squad photo on here, with Francis blocked out?.

I just can''t stand looking at it!.

If we do it is imperative that we have a representative from "P.C" world present to make sure that anyone of an ethnic background is randomely scattered within the photo and that the photographer isn''t allowed to make patterns with them.God forbid we give an opportunity to the racism ranters to accuse the club of institutionalised racism again.

[quote]If we do it is imperative that we have a representative from "P.C" world present to make sure that anyone of an ethnic background is randomely scattered within the photo and that the photographer isn''...[/quote]

Sod them NoLegs.

Francis is no longer a City player, therefore erase him!.

Wiz/pirate man - I doubt very much you will get your wish. If you cant stand looking at it then simply dont!

After a couple of games and seeing us sitting proudly on top of the league you will have forgotten all about him!

Ryan Jarvis and Marney are here now and need to be added. Surely it is worth contacting the club about Web Team?

Although Francis has jumped ships, Wigan''s is now sinking and our''s is rising!! What a mistake!!

[quote]I meant to add, is there anyone clever enough to print the club squad photo on here, with Francis blocked out?. I just can''t stand looking at it!.[/quote]

whiz, i will rise to the challenge to swap a picture of francis for one of Marney in the squad photo.

Unfourtuantly, this could take a while as im having pc difficulties, my operating system is in finnish

So anyway, ill start as soon as i find out where i installed paintshop to!

[quote]whiz, i will rise to the challenge to swap a picture of francis for one of Marney in the squad photo. Unfourtuantly, this could take a while as im having pc difficulties, my operating system is in fi...[/quote]

While you''re at it, time for a new sig image me thinks, AJ

[quote]While you''re at it, time for a new sig image me thinks, AJ[/quote]

well, not an entire change at the moment, ill just boot francis out of the picture!

Out goes francis in comes........ hmm...... i cant decide!

[quote]well, not an entire change at the moment, ill just boot francis out of the picture! Out goes francis in comes........ hmm...... i cant decide![/quote]

LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!!LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!!

Did I mentioned Leon?

How do you do that anyway, I can''t find how to do one?

have to say it bothered me having to look at him on my desktop, so i stuck my ugly mug over francis.

[quote]LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!!LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! LEON!!! L...[/quote]

Leon it is, Sig will be updated tomorrow.

Thanks monkey!

Quiet word Wiz, just betweent the two of us.........why not steal alex''s avatar and stick that over Francis.

Mark .Y.

[quote]If we do it is imperative that we have a representative from "P.C" world present to make sure that anyone of an ethnic background is randomely scattered within the photo and that the photographer isn''...[/quote]

If the previous thread hadn''t been censored, you could have seen that I never even mentioned the word racism. If you knew me better you''d know that I''m certainly not PC. But I always try to be colour-blind in my approach to life. Being colour-blind includes not arranging black players into pretty patterns, of course. But it also involves not randomly scattering them. Both approaches involve an equal amount of preoccupation with a person''s skin colour, and so both are equally crass in my view.

I''m not the sort of person who looks for patterns of any sort in team photos, and would almost certainly not have noticed had in not been for a posting on this board last summer noting that our black players were arranged symmetrically. I actually put that down to coincidence and forgot about it, but when the same thing happened again this year it seemed to me that it was much less likely to be down to chance.

In the last week or so I have checked team photos of a number of different clubs, and none show such perfect symmetry of black players. So it''s not as though such arrangements are some sort of convention.

I love Norwich City and don''t want them to be ridiculed. You remember a few years ago when Norwich Police used a blacked-up actor to re-enact a robbery, what derision was heaped upon our city? We were portrayed as backward yokels, and it hurt. I am concerned that if some elements of the national media, or the race relations industry did latch onto the phenomenon I identified, it could damage the club''s image. You know the sort of thing - black people are such a novelty in Norwich they make patterns out of them in team photos. That perception might in turn make it harder to attract black players in future. None of us want that.

If the previous thread had been allowed to develop I would have said I don''t believe there is serious racism within NCFC, institutional or otherwise. Equally, I can''t imagine the press having any significant say in the way the group is arranged. Given the low probability that such patterns could have emerged by chance two years running, I can only repeat - it''s very queer.

By drawing attention to the issue I hoped we could show that there''s no passive acceptance or lack of awareness by the fans. Unfortunately the vehemence and unanimity of opposition to my posting, and the deletion of my original thread, suggests this was a forlorn hope.

[quote]If the previous thread hadn''t been censored, you could have seen that I never even mentioned the word racism. If you knew me better you''d know that I''m certainly not PC. But I always try to be colour-...[/quote]

There''s always one isn''t there?.