Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Anybody would think we lost

Can''t understand why everyone is so down & critical when we''ve just come away from PR with a credible draw.It was never going to be end to end flowing football but it was always going to be tense with lots of mistakes.Yes, we could have played better but these matches are always going to be tense & tight especially against teams to go route one for 90 minutes.Virtually every player is getting criticised in one way or another and one or two are getting slated.That can''t be right as it was a solid performance, we got a result and we now have a considerably better chance than 1p5wich of getting to the final.Even the Manager is getting flack for picking the wrong team, delaying substitutes and having favourites.Yes we could have played better but we were still the most creative team by a wide margin and in all honesty, 1p5wich didn''t actually cause us too many problems.Next week will be the same type of game so I wouldn''t expect any of the wholesale changes that some are demanding - Ryan Bennet for Russel Martin is never gonna happen, and nor should it.We can play an awful lot better but I don''t think Ip5wich can.

Just looked on twatted ,,, they think that they won !!!

Page after page of giving it large ... I would smile if it wasn''t making me seethe just to read some of it .

Op is 100% correct ,,, good result to come away from there with a draw ,,, on to Carrow road now ,, OTBC !!!

My Binner mate has just said he felt that wasone of their better performances, and that maybe they stopped us playing! God help them if that was as good as it gets for them. I gave us 6/10 and told him we can play a whole lot better, BUT I gave the respect that it is now a 1 match ball game

I said had they bribed Russell Martin to miskick/header on a few occasions, and got us to misplace simple passes etc, because it obviously worked!

Not being complacent, but if we raise our game a couple of notches on todays performance then we will progress.

Tricky away leg out of the way, they had the leagues 2nd best home record this seasonWin our next to games and we are promoted Whats not to be happy about

At the end of the day we had to make sure we didn''t lose and did exactly that. Not the greatest game of football in the world but home advantage in a weeks time. Job fine as far as today was concerned.

I''m happy enough with the draw. They made it scrappy second half but didn''t look like getting a goal. I think we will see them off next week but unfortunately I shan''t be there to see it as I shall be away on hols from next friday. Someone else will have to come up with a report for a change.[:)][Y]

I''m not going to be heel kicking over a draw but am quite content with it. As has been said we are better than that. I think the Scummers have had their cup final and next week normal service will be resumed😄

I''m with the OP here, come on guys and girls...we obviously would have loved a win but we should not be overly disappointed with a draw. They hardly caused us any problems in the second half. Their squad is v small and Varney will definitely be out and from all accounts that will be a loss to them.

Reading their hilarious forum I sense that they are v relieved not to lose again and to read some of the stuff on there you think that we lost 3-0.

However, I do predict another tight game and we the fans must not get anxious if we do not go ahead early on. I feel that MM may even play for a draw and penalties. Our quality should shine through but we need Jerome or Hooper to get some shots in as we seem reliant on our midfield to get the goals at the moment. OTBC

Well said Mutley, pretty much sums it up for me

You would have thought they had pulled off one of the major shocks of the decade

I guess when they have been taken to the cleaners by us over the last few meetings, then you can''t really deny them their 5 mins of fame, having not lost

We will have to up our performance, or we are in danger of a repeat type game, like todays

I would agree with MP. Ipswich clearly cannot match us for quality and they are heavily reliant on high hopeful balls up the middle. One thing we can learn from them is that when they have the ball wide they are more direct with their crossing. As at Carrow Road earlier in the year Murphy barely got a sniff and if he is shackled they do not pose much of a threat. We did not play that great today, but it was a very big occasion, and I feel we have put ourselves in a very strong position.

Can understand the feeling of anti climax in a way as, trying hard to be objective,,(??) we are just a better team than them.

They matched us in the first half but I thought second half we were dominant in possession and controlled the game for long spells without ever creating many clear chances.

Console yourself with the fact that what you saw form Ipswich was the best they can muster, from us we were maybe 75% today, early goal next week and it could be a very comfortable afternoon.

A draw wasn''t a bad results,we had a few decent chances and actually tried to play football, could have easily won. But they also had chances, they had a a couple dangerous back post crosses that had Murphy been there they may have scored from.

But now they have to come to us to win, as soon as they stop defending we will rip them apart, before the game I was sure we''d go through after two legs, but after one of their few second half chances I suddenly rememberd us struggling against teams who''ve parked the bus, if they''d sneaked a winner we could have had a real tough game against eleven defenders, but if they want to beat us they need to score now, and can''t be that cautious which will suit us better than them.

Can''t wait for 12:15 next Saturday!!

Spot on with this post! I think with of previous results there was too high an expectancy to win the match, they did give us problems with the long ball and this is a very ngood result going into the home leg.

The defence was not tight enough and too easily let players drift off. I''m sure AN will have this sorted for the home leg.

We did play a more direct game at times also. Totally agree that is the best the have to throw at us and we will give them a totally different threat next week.

Our weak links this season have been, firstly, the right side of the defence and, secondly, the ability to find our way around a parked bus. People are wrong to suggest Ipswich need to look to win the match. They don''t. Their approach will be to play for the 0-0 and take their chances on penalties. But if they were to nick a goal on the way, we would be in serious trouble.

[quote user="ricardo"]I think we will see them off next week but unfortunately I shan''t be there to see it as I shall be away on hols from next friday. [:)][Y][/quote]How the hell did you manage that Ricardo ? Surely you weren''t that confident we''d get automatic ? [:D]Hope your ticket has gone to a good cause and you''re back by the 25th [;)]

The odds are now heavily in our favour. Ipswich really needed to win yesterday to give themselves a good chance and all we had to do was avoid defeat. A win would have almost sealed it there and then but you could tell we were playing not to lose and it worked.

They haven''t got much of a chance at CR, a draw was a decent result especially as we were (maybe worryingly) nowhere near our best. A good performance Saturday and we''re in the final!