Sign in to follow this  
ViewfromtheJarrold

Russell Martin new 3 year contract! JOKE!

and pls tell me how turning down a lucrative deal with a prem club to play in one of the best leagues in the world makes him professional?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]If he was a faultless defender, he''d be at a bigger club then us. As it is, he has been a cracking signing for us and is more than adequate for what we need from him. If hope if we went up, we''d buy a quality cb to challenge him for his place though.[/quote]

Agreed, Smithy -- get back to the Premier where we belong and bloody well stay there [Y] Martin is dedicated and been of great service to our club but his Premier credentials are lacking and I won''t even blame the inept Hughton for that.Unfortunately, being sentimental, for the most part, has gone from the beautiful game and we as a club are still guilty of being influenced by emotional feelings for staff who''ve served us well. It isn''t like the old days where players earned a standard living and were kept on at the age of 36 out of sentiment -- these days players know they''ll never have to work again in their twenties.

tellitasitis wrote the following post at 10/04/2015 10:49 PM:

and pls tell me how turning down a lucrative deal with a prem club to play in one of the best leagues in the world makes him professional?

You have the whiff of a Scottish fruitcake about you my man!

[quote user="tellitasitis"]morty, teenage girls use faces on their texts, are you unable to put it down in words?[/quote]Not words you would likely understand.

It''s obviously easy to label players as being not good enough for the Prem. In order for me to imagine lhow we''d cope next season should we be promoted it would be helpful if you fonts could label our players that are good enough.

When we realeased Malay and iwan, Worthington was shot down in pieces for letting characters walk.

It''s evident that RM is a big personality and someone that is good to have around the place. Good move in my eyes.

Contracts aren''t worth much nowadays anyway.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]It''s obviously easy to label players as being not good enough for the Prem. In order for me to imagine lhow we''d cope next season should we be promoted it would be helpful if you fonts could label our players that are good enough.[/quote]

Think that''s a good question NN.

I do think that a lot of players have found their level, but I wouldn''t begrudge them a shot at the Prem. we only lost snoddy, fer and the wolf so it''s similar personnel. If many were good enough for the Orem I doubt we would be where we are.

Onwards and upwards.

[quote user="can u sit down please"] I wouldn''t begrudge them a shot at the Prem. we only lost snoddy, fer and the wolf so it''s similar personnel. [/quote]

Losing Snoddy Fer and Wolf was just what was needed to improve the togetherness of the squad.  Snoddy -  a bit selfish and lacking the intelligence to develop the style of his play (in the way that Johnson has done for instance, to his credit).  Fer injured too much and not working hard enough when he was fit.  RVW just not at the races.

I think our midfield and the way they are working is good enough for the prem -  Johnson, Dorrans, Wes, Tettey, Howson - and Grabban and Jerome look as if they will score goals too.  The defence is good enough imo too. Given in the wings we have players like Vadis and Andreu, who may yet show their potential and we have a squad at least to be able to compete well with the lower half of the prem - and with this manager, anything is possible.

Can someone explain to me. (Other than having a very sad life)

Why people see the need to have multiple accounts on here?

Seriously do people have nothing better to do?

Tellitasitis,

I won''t be telling how I know what I know, but if you think I would make it up just to score a point over you then I suggest you may be the deluded one and again appear be judging me by your values and beliefs, which obviously differ from mine, because I believe a player choosing to stay and see a job out is professional, you obviously do not

You may well now come back with all sorts of diatribe about me not being prepared to release my sources, etc. that''s fine, and your prerogative but I won''t be performing a justification dance, so do you worst.

Russell Martin was absolutely made a monkey of by Bamford in the first 15 minutes. Chasing shadows. Embarrassing

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Judge him over 90 minutes. Not his best first 20 but it''s not over yet.[/quote]

Whilst he is our CB, we will not be going anywhere. Ball watching is his finest attribute and it cost us tonight again.

What load of rubbish, is he a top premiership defender..no

Is he good enough for a top championship team, definitely.

Can''t pin tonight''s defeat on him and indeed not many this season

Just got home and was about to start a thread saying his new contract is a joke.

He is nowhere near good enough for us to get out of this league and if we get promoted what a waste of money 3yrs of him will be.

He should thank Bassong for doing a job on Bamford, had he not we''d have suffered a much bigger defeat than 1-0 as he couldn''t even catch his shadow.

Ayala looked solid, we could have done with some of that, we should sign him, oh no wait a minute, we did!!

And here we sit again, post match, considering why we dropped points.It is easy to point the finger at Lewis Grabban BUT unfortunately AGAIN our ''Captain Nice Guy'' is at fault for the goal conceded!Just watch how easily the player walks past RM and is allowed to get a cross in - due to a half hearted attempt to block by RM.Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish - Tear up that three year contract and send him to Colchester - His correct level.We will go nowhere with him at centre back!

[quote user="ViewfromtheJarrold"]If that is true then what an absolute joke!  I suspect even Russell Martin himself is embarrassed  at that![/quote]Such a shame the players can''t see what you can see with your view from the Jarrold. [:S]

Why?To be quite frank, I am becoming more and more embarrassed that some of the folk on here consider themselves Norwich "fans". It''s like you have never seen us play.What a joke a large number of people on here are becoming.