Sign in to follow this  
unique

Snodgrass & Fer

With just a few matches to go, it''s looking increasingly likely that both these players will be suffering consecutive relegations.

Whilst there can clearly be a lot of sympathy for Snodgrass, it is clear that if you think ''the grass is greener'', then be certain you choose the right pastures, and for that, Fer engenders no sympathy whatsoever.

Pilkington makes it a trio of poor decisions.

Hats off to Surman!

Snodgrass has been a big miss. Fer less so. Let''s hope we''re not having to debate the unnecessary losses of Olsson, Bassong, Redmond, Howson and Hooper later this month.

Fer won''t be worrying, his agent will get him a transfer which also perhaps underlines his problem as a player with undoubted talent, but lacking the right mentality.

Surman good luck to him, he''s a tidy little player who passes and moves everytime. Deserves another shot as he performed well under lambert at that level who had faith in him and so does Howe.

Snodgrass I feel sorry for, who would definetly have helped Hull to a few more points.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Yep, grass often looks greener, but still needs cutting.

Pleased for Surman, good lad.[/quote]

Lazy and lightweight according to a lot of people on here !!!!

If Hull go down would Snodgrass move to another premiership club and would he have the same appeal to them?

Barring a win away to Man City today Fer will be relegated again. Great move Leroy. Hull currently occupy the 3rd relegation spot abd arguably have the toughest run in Tottenham (A) Man U (H). Hull have probably missed the fight of someone like Snoddy. After spending the whole season cant see him moving on. Same cant be said for Fer, he will be looking for a way out and i would expect him to find one.

I like some of Fer`s play but feel he is unsuited in an attacking midfielder role in the Premiership and he is more suited to Spanish or Italian leagues.I have an odd theory that he is too tall for the position and am trying to think of successful tall attacking midfielders in the history of the prem.Toure of course but he is not good defensively either, any suggestions for good attacking midfielders over 6` 2" ?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Does Viera fit those criteria?[/quote]Good shout, how could I forget Vierra, if only we could find one of those.

Yaya Toure best position is further up the.pitch. But has played that defensive role well for man c in big games and played that role at Barcelona.

Pleased for Surman but really sorry for Snoddy and would have him back in a heartbeat as long as clearly fully fit - unlikely to happen.We can''t moan about the fees we got - so overall, we did ok out of the deals.

Stan Collymore just tweeted:

Leroy Fer. Simply not bothered by the looks of it.

@talkSPORT ON AIR LIVE

Call Collymore 08717223344 4-6pm

He hasn''t been bothered since it looked like they were going to be in trouble, how familiar that sounds.

He''ll probably be injured for the remaining 2 matches so he doesn''t get injured.

Funny how things come back to bite you, sure he stared recently that QPR would get out of the relegation zone due to their better quality of players, hoping he didn''t include himself in that.

As for Snoddy, I think he''d have made a difference to Hull so in case it''s just been unfortunate for him, and Hull clearly.

Serves them both right. No loyality, just in it for the money, especially that total waster Fer.Feel a bit sorry for Snodgrass but it was his decision & I think going to Hull wasn''t exactly a clever one.Hope we pass them both on the way up as they come tumbling down.

Fer was always a funny one. Looked like he had potential but never really fulfilled it. Don''t really bare a grudge though. We got a reported £16m-£17m for the pair so can''t be that bad for a couple of players who may be plying their trade in The Championship next season.

I''m not sure if it''s already been mentioned but I''d like to know if we were paid up in full for Fer?

Given QPR are the latest in a long and unenviable list of clubs to have benefitted from Harry''s stewardship and the pending Fair Play implications if there are monies outstanding it''ll be pretty unlikely they''ll be forthcoming.

It''s easy to this now isn''t it. We havn''t even been promoted yet and they have spent the last year on premiership wages so I doubt they regret their moves.

He hasn''t been bothered since it looked like they were going to be in trouble, how familiar that sounds.

Lol. He hasn''t been bothered a lot longer than that. Ever since he failed a medical at Everton prior to joining us in fact. Diagnosed by their medical team as suffering with Lazyitis

by all accounts.

[quote user="ruthers1"]He hasn''t been bothered since it looked like they were going to be in trouble, how familiar that sounds.

Lol. He hasn''t been bothered a lot longer than that. Ever since he failed a medical at Everton prior to joining us in fact. Diagnosed by their medical team as suffering with Lazyitis

by all accounts.[/quote]He started off well and I was impressed with his strength and tenacity in his first few games. I do agree that it didn''t last though.

[quote user="Crispy"]they have spent the last year on premiership wages so I doubt they regret their moves.[/quote]That is exactly the point Crispy, as long as they get the money they don''t care

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Crispy"]they have spent the last year on premiership wages so I doubt they regret their moves.[/quote]That is exactly the point Crispy, as long as they get the money they don''t care[/quote]

That''s an interesting observation given that Snoddy doesn''t have a bad word to say about us and gets to games when he can.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Snodgrass has been a big miss. Fer less so. Let''s hope we''re not having to debate the unnecessary losses of Olsson, Bassong, Redmond, Howson and Hooper later this month.[/quote]

No one is going to want Hooper, so you don''t have to worry about that one unfortunately. I''m sure teams are clamoring for a guy who only scored 9 goals from play in the Championship, 6 of them AGAINST TEAMS THAT WERE RELEGATED.

I saw your name on the thread and told myself, ''he''s mentioned hooper''

low and behold you did. And it only took you 7 words. Congrats.