Sign in to follow this  
Ray

Are we a team or are we not?

We are approaching what could be described the most important fixture(s) we have ever had, yet there are still posters on here deriding certain players and the team in general.

The players have not publicly criticised each other nor has our manger, so may I suggest we follow their lead and act as one team.

We came away from the away leg with a draw, theoretically putting us in pole position. The players and management did their best, whether this is good enough is another debate. They are all committed to the cause, that we can take as a given.

Between now and the end of our season let’s all pull together, let’s all post only positives and let’s avoid pointing out what we individually consider to be errors, it serves no purpose, let’s act as a team, a team with a common goal, a team that wants to work together for the common good, a team heading for the Premiership.

I urge you all (whether we have had our spats or not) to sign up to this ethic and to post your support for all our boys by simply replying, “Yes” to this post. Please, if you are of a mind to post “No” do so on your own thread.

Let’s show the boys we are behind them all, let’s give them our best as they do us, so whatever happens we can stand together knowing we gave it our all.

You''re a man after my own heart Ray. Some of the comments at half-time in this tie beggar belief. These players finished third on 86 points with a +40 goal difference. Surely they have earned the right to see it through and deserve positive support all the way.

BTW Ray, I''m looking for someone to pick from the second leg options on Rays Funds next weekend. I''d love it if you''d do it.

Been saying the same for years.  Positive support is always better than negativity.   Its the easy option to take the negative view and being positive sometimes takes a bit more effort - but it is usually worth it.    Get behind the players totally and they will reward you.  Simples.

Are we a team or are we not?

No, we''re not Ray we''re supporters on a forum with our own minds and our own opinions.

Someone famous in the game once said "the best thing about football is that everybody has an opinion and the worst thing about football is that everybody has an opinion."

If you are seriously suggesting that in order to give ourselves a chance of beating what is probably the most one dimensional Ipswich side in history we have to all revert to posting nothing but positives between now and 12.15 on Saturday you''ve got me very concerned about our propects all of a sudden!

Although I''ve questioned his (RM''s) defensive competencies and criticised his recent performances I''ve enough respect for the guy still to think that even if he is reading this message board (and I very much doubt that he is) our club captain has enough mental strength and character not to let it affect him one jot once he crosses the white line.

You on the other hand as the architect of this bizarre thread clearly have little confidence in our player''s resolve and mental toughness which is surely a much more worrying development?

Hi Nutty,

Honoured to be asked, however I know of Ray''s Funds but know little of its workings, can you tell me it is you want me to do exactly?

Cheers

[quote user="Ray"]Hi Nutty,

Honoured to be asked, however I know of Ray''s Funds but know little of its workings, can you tell me it is you want me to do exactly?

Cheers[/quote]

Rays Funds is just a group of Pink Un Posters called the Pink Un Pickers or

PUPs. It''s explained here : -

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3221365/ShowPost.aspx

Under the How It Works heading you will see this:

-

"For the last two seasons an anonymous

benefactor funded a match bet where PUPs choose how to spend £6 betting on the

weekend’s Norwich game. Again suggestions are made on the thread from which the

week’s nominated picker can make a choice or go with their

own."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Now that we have a couple of extra fixtures and

maybe a third our anonymous benefactor is keen that we get some different

posters to make these picks. I am in agreement too because Rays Funds belongs to

everyone who posts on this board.

So you''d be doing me a huge favour if you''d agree to

make the picks for the second leg against Ipswich. What it would entail would be

for you to read the suggestions for the Norwich match on next week''s Rays Funds

thread and choose up to six that you like best. These are things like "first

goalscorer" or "correct score" and the like. If you look on Week 39 thread :-

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3243020/ShowPost.aspx

you will see that Josh Linton did it. He was

unlucky but his was a great effort.

It may sound daunting but it really isn''t. And the

whole Rays Funds community will support you all the way. If it''s not clear then

just ask here or email me on canaryeddie@aol.com