Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

our support today

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]If being concerned about being loud is all you''re bothered about, why don''t you try Millwall or someone? Or even the binners if you love their noise level so much - but be assured, that was a one-off. Local derbies are always ratcheted up in terms of atmosphere, more so again in the play-offs. The fact is that yesterday the binners had found 4k more ''supporters'' who managed to remember where ''their'' club plays, than for the league game.[/quote]4k? Try 10k. And as I said, from the Norwich end, we only heard Ipswich once when they scored.

We all went mental in the pub when Tetty scored. Jumping up and down, punching the air, lot''s of man hugs. Nearly shattered the windows with the goal roar.

Then all sat down a tad embarrassed when realised his shot hadn''t gone in.

The whole coverage on Sky felt like it favoured the team in Blue. I don''t know who the commentators were, but they definitely seemed to want Ips@it to win, judging by their comments - and by their lack of criticism of the Hoofball on offer from the home team.

So I am sure that they placed the mics to record the home fans and to quieten down our fans.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="andgreen"]Lame post by an attention seeking fool, don''t take the bait[/quote]Attention seeking ? i would suggest everyone who posts an opinion on a message board is seeking to draw attention to it! Thats  how a message board works Idiot!!![/quote]

Attention seeking pr1ck, stay in your armchair idiot

[quote user="Trevor Hockeys Beard"]The whole coverage on Sky felt like it favoured the team in Blue. I don''t know who the commentators were, but they definitely seemed to want Ips@it to win, judging by their comments - and by their lack of criticism of the Hoofball on offer from the home team.

So I am sure that they placed the mics to record the home fans and to quieten down our fans.[/quote]

Sky''s lead commentator yesterday, Daniel Mann, is an Ipswich fan. I remember seeing him post that himself on a forum years ago.

(Managed to find the link, to prove to myself I''ve not just made that up. [url=http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=14400847&highlight=#post14400847]Proof.[/url])

How stupid must some people be??

Using the volume heard on the TV to decide if our away support was good enough???

It was a cracking atmosphere, and as always plenty of volume from our away following....

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/alex_neil_expects_norwich_city_s_fans_to_do_their_duty_1_4068139

Hope this link works, and puts this nonsense to bed once and for all.

The support was A1 on Saturday, being stood right in the middle I can assure any potential naysayer we all did our bit and did the boys proud.

Good to see and smell the smoke grenade and well done to whoever manged to sneak it in, can''t honestly say it did a great deal of harm.

Being of a certain age I was suitably amused by some of our younger ''Lads'' who''d been busy buying Fila and Sergio Tacchini tracksuit tops for the occaison, I fear they''d watched a few too many movies. Bless ''em.

Any criticism of the support is frankly nothing more than churlish and entirely ill founded, whatever makes you happy I suppose.