Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

our support today

[quote user="im spartacus"]Sounded rubbish on the tv, Not good enough ![/quote]

support for norwich was excellent you must be talking about your blue lot

hmmm, only have to glance at the OP''s contributions to the thread "Ipswich away points a lottery not a guarantee" to see what angle he''s coming at this from?

Clearly thinks he was more "worthy" of a ticket today than those of uswho were there.....despite clearly not having racked up the away games this season to have anywhere near warranted it.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]hmmm, only have to glance at the OP''s contributions to the thread "Ipswich away points a lottery not a guarantee" to see what angle he''s coming at this from?

Clearly thinks he was more "worthy" of a ticket today than those of uswho were there.....despite clearly not having racked up the away games this season to have anywhere near warranted it.[/quote]

And a season ticket or membership neither i doubt?.

Fool, what a pathetic post. You base your assumption on where sky will have placed their microphones or your crap TV sound system, must try harder blue nose.

Not a season ticket holder or a member didn''t realise that was the criteria for an opinion ? 17 home games and 3 away as a casual this year, didn''t apply for ipswich away can''t be bothered to collect points for away games, if there are tickets i might go if there isn''t there isn''t is my outlook. And our vocal support was cr@p yesterday as it often is. Sorry for not towing the official pary line [:D]

How the fu(k do you know if you werent there. If you are going by the TV then your a di(khead. Have you ever been to a derby game nefore ??? I would assume not. A derby game is like no other. You are quite clearly a 5hit stirring tw4t.

Not a season ticket holder or a member doesn''t matter, yes still allowed an opinion, just try and make it sensible, if you really have been to 17 home and 3 away you would know our support away from home always generate a noise.

There are 000''s who would love to go to watch our team, but the reason they don''t is never because "they can''t be bothered to collect points", must do better, i''m sure we will see you at Wembley, if we get there ? and its not too much trouble.

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]How the fu(k do you know if you werent there. If you are going by the TV then your a di(khead. Have you ever been to a derby game nefore ??? I would assume not. A derby game is like no other. You are quite clearly a 5hit stirring tw4t.[/quote]plenty of derby games over many years thanks [:D] just an opinion obviously struck a nerve [:O]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Not a season ticket holder or a member doesn''t matter, yes still allowed an opinion, just try and make it sensible, if you really have been to 17 home and 3 away you would know our support away from home always generate a noise.

There are 000''s who would love to go to watch our team, but the reason they don''t is never because "they can''t be bothered to collect points", must do better, i''m sure we will see you at Wembley, if we get there ? and its not too much trouble.[/quote]Yes i might pop along to wembley if i meet the criteria [:D] on the subject of  away points i know of several fans of many years who take the same view... Before football became fashionable it was just possible to go to a game home or away pretty much as you pleased and pay on the gate.You might be suprised it''s not always been about renewal deadlines and away points which as i said i really can''t be bothered with,which is why the 3 away games i have done this season have been less fashionable midweek and lunchtime games [:D]

Off the top of my head I think only Ipswich x 2,Bournemouth,Rotherham and Forest went to the away points system this season......even Watford went straight to general sale, so there have been ample games to have gone "as you pleased" to .....still at least you managed to put yourself out for 3......

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Off the top of my head I think only Ipswich x 2,Bournemouth,Rotherham and Forest went to the away points system this season......even Watford went straight to general sale, so there have been ample games to have gone "as you pleased" to .....still at least you managed to put yourself out for 3......[/quote]well thats 3 more than a lot of people who spout off on here and don''t even bother with home games, As i said if i fancy it and can afford it i will pop along i didn''t realise it was compulsory ?

Our support was poor. Very quiet in my opinion and got drowned out by the home fans on most occasions. Whilst it''s tough to say, their North stand was rocking. We need to up our game a bit tbh.

Have to agree really. Particularly, second half we were really quiet. The roof came off when they equalised. In respect of our away support generally, I still think we take fewer away than our apparent home support would indicate. Still really don''t understand how few of us made the effort to go to Bolton given what was at stake and the availability of tickets.

There were 2,000 there yesterday in a crowd of 29,000, they did everything in the build up to drown out city and whip up their home support, playing all those old fashioned songs about singing the blues and that crap, they had probably the best atmosphere they have had in many a year.

But there is no way our support was quiet, to a man, woman and child they sang their hearts out for the whole match, Bolton was different kettle of fish, i don''t know why we didn''t have more go that game when plenty of seats available, missed an amazing end to agate those who didn''t go. Respect to all NCFC fans wherever.

[quote user="im spartacus"]fine but they didn''t make much noise in my opinion which was gauged from watching it on the tv...[/quote]It''s never the same on TV.I''ve been to lots of away games where our noise is deafening in the ground but when watching it on TV later it seems very quiet. Maybe it''s something to do with how the broadcaster set out their microphones ?Yesterday the 1st half noise levels from both sets of supporters was incredible but it did quieten down in the 2nd half as supporters on both sides were in a state of high anxiety. It''s been a while since I''ve felt so tense at a match.Perhaps if you''d said it sounded quiet on TV but asked what it was like in the ground you''d have avoided all this flak. [;)]

Let''s be clear about one thing - Sky won''t just put random microphones around the ground, so let''s not blame the broadcasters - they know what they''re doing and want to generate the best atmosphere for the viewers so the mic''s will be placed in the best possible areas not the quietest. I thought we did sound very muted yesterday, sorry.

Lets compare apples with apples

Next week, with 2K of Binners in a similar sized crowd, then the pro rata noise levels will be very similar. Yes the main cameras are in the Jarrold so the armchair viewers will here the Binners, but lets not pick holes, and it will (obviously) be a whole lot different on Saturday

[quote user="andgreen"]Lame post by an attention seeking fool, don''t take the bait[/quote]Attention seeking ? i would suggest everyone who posts an opinion on a message board is seeking to draw attention to it! Thats  how a message board works Idiot!!!

Some really do seem to need to find something to whinge and moan about - any or all of: the support isn''t good/big/loud enough (we have one of the biggest away followings in the league); the players weren''t good enough (we finished 3rd, the other - more fancied - relegated sides were nowhere); the manager used his subs wrong - too early/late (we have yet to lose an away game under AN)); or it''s the club - too pricey, no ambition, poor ticket arrangements etc etc

Some of you really do need to stop and think about whether being a Norwich supporter is the right thing for you.

The fact is that we are in the play-offs. All sides are there on merit and it will be tough; the binners have one of the best home records and we got a draw - that''s not a bad result. They had a crowd of 29k which included just 2k of our fans - outnumbered almost 10 to 1, how can our fans be criticised if they weren''t as loud? It is our job as supporters to make the return leg the same: if we can''t get ''up'' for it, we won''t deserve to win.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Some really do seem to need to find something to whinge and moan about - any or all of: the support isn''t good/big/loud enough (we have one of the biggest away followings in the league); the players weren''t good enough (we finished 3rd, the other - more fancied - relegated sides were nowhere); the manager used his subs wrong - too early/late (we have yet to lose an away game under AN)); or it''s the club - too pricey, no ambition, poor ticket arrangements etc etc

Some of you really do need to stop and think about whether being a Norwich supporter is the right thing for you.

The fact is that we are in the play-offs. All sides are there on merit and it will be tough; the binners have one of the best home records and we got a draw - that''s not a bad result. They had a crowd of 29k which included just 2k of our fans - outnumbered almost 10 to 1, how can our fans be criticised if they weren''t as loud? It is our job as supporters to make the return leg the same: if we can''t get ''up'' for it, we won''t deserve to win.[/quote]Funny how when we get outsung at home it''s because away support is traditionally louder ?

I was at the game yesterday and our support was brilliant. Apart from about 10 minutes in the second half when the whole stadium was full of anxiety. From where we were, we didn''t hear the Ipswich fans sing once, until they scored. Few of us were commenting on how surprisingly quiet they were given the scale of the game. Mate was watching it on TV though and said you could only hear the Ipswich fans on TV and a friend who attended the game in the SBR stand was saying the atmosphere was amazing and they didn''t hear the Norwich fans at all. So it''s simply a case of the away fans being miles away from the hardcore home support so they can''t even hear each other over their own songs and the sky microphones being placed by the home fans, which they were, as that''s where the sky commentators were based. Norwich fans were superb yesterday, easily the best atmosphere of any away game this season for me.

The Binners have been starved of any success against us for years, and they were the underdogs, so when you have 14 times the amount of fans, then there is always going to be a disparity in the noise levels.

We, at home, have been quiote used to success and perhaps some elements of our home crowd have become a tad complacent with the success we have been having, but when it comes to Saturday then you will see a very similar ratio of home/away crowd noise as we witnessed yesterday.

It''s a natural thing, and not to be getting any knickers in a twist

If being concerned about being loud is all you''re bothered about, why don''t you try Millwall or someone? Or even the binners if you love their noise level so much - but be assured, that was a one-off. Local derbies are always ratcheted up in terms of atmosphere, more so again in the play-offs. The fact is that yesterday the binners had found 4k more ''supporters'' who managed to remember where ''their'' club plays, than for the league game.