Sign in to follow this  
Mutley

Anderson: 'We can comfortably beat them' - pin it on the dressing room wall

“So we’ll be going to win, we won’t be setting out to try and nick anything, we think we can comfortably beat them.”

After that, you can bet that MM has already held a team meeting and told their squad to zip it for the rest of the week

A goal that he couldn''t miss, and a couple of wayward shots, and Anderson thinks he is the go to footballing expert/player

Try reading TWTD today. Biased ''aint the word for it, nor is blue tinted more disullusioned.Our centre backs are too slow.Hoolahan did nothing but diveThey apparently only played against ten men because Redmond did nothing.Something about not seeing how Gerome has scored so many this season.They are convincing themselves that Satuday''s result was a good one for them. They seem to think that they only have to turn up because Saint Mick will get them up for it.

Fact is they were expecting a beating on Saturday, so the tie is still alive for them, which it is. We shouldn''t need a stupid comment from an Ip5wich player to motivate us to go on finish the job, Its all about us now.

TBH was he going to say anything different? We are favourites but we shouldn''t get carried away with that tag. We started far too slow on Sat and we were lucky Ipswich didn''t score first as I felt echos of the Boro game.

Best thing we can do is have the ground rocking and the players pumped and ready to bag an early goal. The best thing will be if Ipswich have to chase the game. They are a physical side and if they nick an opener, they could do a number on us like Boro did. Away goals not counting means they won''t be chasing the game from kick off.

Is that the Anderson who started as a bright prospect with  Liverpool and U19 England caps?The one who`s career has gone Liverpool > Swansea> Nottingham Forest> Bristol City> Ipswich ReservesAnyone else spot the trajectory of his career?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Fact is they were expecting a beating on Saturday, so the tie is still alive for them, which it is. We shouldn''t need a stupid comment from an Ip5wich player to motivate us to go on finish the job, Its all about us now.[/quote]

Absolutely Lessingham. If you need a quote from a rival player to get fired up for a playoff semi final... You''re in the wrong place.

It shouldn''t be needed but it absolutely doesn''t do any harm to draw quotes like this to the attention of the players. If I was Alex Neil I would print it out and put it on the wall at Colney.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It shouldn''t be needed but it absolutely doesn''t do any harm to draw quotes like this to the attention of the players. If I was Alex Neil I would print it out and put it on the wall at Colney.[/quote]

I''m glad to see that you are not recommending using a pin.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It shouldn''t be needed but it absolutely doesn''t do any harm to draw quotes like this to the attention of the players. If I was Alex Neil I would print it out and put it on the wall at Colney.[/quote]

[/quote]

Blue tack would be my proposed method.

So they played against 10 men because Redmond did nothing, then surely they are calling themselves Sh1t because they can''t beat us when we only have 10 men then??

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[/quote] Blue tack would be my proposed method.[/quote]

I''m not sure about that, it does leave a greasy mark once its removed.