Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Penalties

Hope AN gets them practicing, still haven''t got over Sutch''s effort, read somewhere that a few players chickened out least Sutch had the balls to take one.. Who would be your first five? I''d have Hooper, Hoolahan, Howson, Johnson and Redmond, trouble is would they all be on the pitch together at the end.

I would be equally, if not more concerned at Ruddy''s inability to save them.

His unerring ability to guess the wrong way, and to seemingly make a half-hearted effort to save them, would, I am afraid, put us at a disadvantage.

[quote user="unique"]I would be equally, if not more concerned at Ruddy''s inability to save them.

His unerring ability to guess the wrong way, and to seemingly make a half-hearted effort to save them, would, I am afraid, put us at a disadvantage.[/quote]

Let''s hope he doesn''t come on here to read what "supporters" think eh?

I would rather he spent more time researching penalty-takers'' favourite ''sides'', and maybe practise saving them a little more often, to coming on the Internet to find out what ''supporters'' think.

I am willing to be proved wrong about his penalty goals/saves ratio if facts reveal I have a mistaken impression of his record.

I doubt Ruddy''s penalty saving record is any worse than normal; I certainly remember him saving some but hopefully it won''t matter. Everyone knows we have more class in our side, we just need to go out and show it. We will be fine if we come close to playing anything like as well as we can, but if we don''t the binners will be ready to lump their way to the final.

i wouldn''t want Wes to take one.... he''s missed a few in his time with us.Johnson, Dorrans, Tettey, Ruddy, Hoops would be my 5...how often do you see a keeper miss a penalty?

[quote user="unique"]I would be equally, if not more concerned at Ruddy''s inability to save them.

His unerring ability to guess the wrong way, and to seemingly make a half-hearted effort to save them, would, I am afraid, put us at a disadvantage.[/quote]disagree, i''d fancy our chances with Ruddy in goal in a shoot out

Ruddy saved well from Peter Whittingham''s penalty earlier this season.Funnily enough, young Declan on the bench has always had a reputation of being top drawer at saving pens. Remember him coming on against West Brom in the Prem and saving one, and I think he saved a load for the youth team too. Ruddy would be fine though. I''d rather have him in goal for a shootout than the random bloke Ipswich have got.And for the record, my five (in this order) - Hooper, Wes, Jerome, Dorrans, Howson. No idea how many of them would be on the pitch at the end of 120 minutes though. If one of them isn''t there, add Johnson onto that list.I''d back Whittaker to roll one into the corner of the net as well.Wouldn''t be confident of Bassong netting, and I reckon a Tettey penalty would end up somewhere near Thorpe Road.

Pretty sure Whittaker was the penalty taker for Rangers and had a very, very good record.

How do we think Olsson would fare? I reckon he''d be the type of player to open his body and try and stick it in the top left.I could imagine Redmond dragging his wide.We should stick Cam McGeehan on the bench. He''s got a history of netting pressure penalties as we know [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-cool14.gif[/img]

[quote user="GJP"]Pretty sure Whittaker was the penalty taker for Rangers and had a very, very good record.[/quote]

Yep, i seem to recall this. I was surprised he hasn''t been on them this season.

Researching penalty takers is fine but little point in a penalty shoot out where there will be 4 with no history only Murphy their regular.

Wes has only missed one to my recollection the chipped penalty he tried against Preston in Div 1. However unlikely to be on the pitch after 90 mins.