Sign in to follow this  
RustysRevenge

Bars in Auckland, NZ showing playoffs

Are you out there already Rusty, or going out there, and potentially back for the final?

I have my Sis-in-Law and her family living out there (an amazing country imo), and although they are not football fans, i will get in touch with them and ask for you

[quote user="RustysRevenge"]Anyone know any?[/quote]I''m surprised nobody has responded to this as there must be hundreds of members here who live in New Zealand [:D]

It might have something to do with the time difference ..... it''s 2.30am (BST + 11 hours) over there.

Thanks Crabby. I''m already here, most likely going to be here til next year so won''t get to go to the final either which obviously we''ll win purely because I won''t be there.

Rusty

Have had some info so far, (I have more people on the case still!)

I have been told that possibly these bars may do requests if you ask

www.thefox.co.nz

Going O/T, but what has taken you there? Work? Have you been before? I love NZ and it has crossed our minds to try and move out there, but of course, that would mean giving up my season ticket!

Crabby, you''re a diamond. Just had a look at their website and its showing Everton v Sunderland pending interest so I might go down there this week & see if they can be persuaded to show the big game instead as that''s just around the corner from where I''m currently staying.

Didn''t come out here for a job, just travelling around but I have a visa for a year that allows me to work so will probably have to start looking for employment soon.

I think the problem may be not the Fox and other bars won’t want to show it, but that I don’t think it is being broadcast in NZ. Sommet Sports held rights to Championship until it went bust in November, and no one else has picked up the rights. I have read that ESPN have rights them but last time I checked their schedules there was no Championship fixtures (had to watch Boro game online on a stream). Hope I’m wrong or that some bars have Australian subscription. Please tell me I’m wrong – it’s not the worst time to watch a match in NZ! Better than the 2am Tuesday morning final that we’ll definitely get to.

Hi guys... Bit of a Philistine when it comes to modern technology but I''ve put it on Facebook as well (I think!) Just got an email from Gary at the Fox and he says if it''s not on Sky he''ll find a stream for us! Give him a call. 09 358 2767 so he knows there''ll be some interest. 85/87 Customs St West for those who don''t know it.....Bring it on!

I''ll do my best but it''s not just the Kiwis that need educating. I''ve lost count of the number of times over the last few years I''ve heard ''Have a little scrummage'' sung at CR.

Hey guys, did The Fox get a stream? Did it work or keep cutting out? Many NCFC fans there? May be down on Sat.