Sign in to follow this  
Foreveryella

Surprised with the number of season ticket holders that haven't purchased their seat?

Anybody else surprised by the number of season ticket holders who have not purchased their seat for what is the biggest game in many a fans life time?

Family members who are not season ticket holders have been able to buy memberships and tickets in the same transaction today!! Very shocked.

What reasons would be acceptable not to go to the game???

[quote user="Foreveryella"]Anybody else surprised by the number of season ticket holders who have not purchased their seat for what is the biggest game in many a fans life time?

Family members who are not season ticket holders have been able to buy memberships and tickets in the same transaction today!! Very shocked.

What reasons would be acceptable not to go to the game???[/quote]

It takes a bit of effort and organisation to buy one off  tickets.  Season ticket holders maybe aren''t used to that and tickets will go to those that most want them and are prepared to make the effort to get them - as should be the case.   Being a season ticket holder doesn''t necessarily  make you a better fan.

£500 quid is a huge amount of money for a season ticket - some people have to save up for that - not everyone has £25 to just throw around willy-nilly. Yes, it''s a big game, but it''s not worth going worth personal financial issues.

I''m going to the game, but if it had been £30+ I wouldn''t have. It''s on the telly! I could drink and eat the finest food for that, rather than sit on a tacky plastic seat. I''m starting to question why I bothered paying £25 now...

[quote user="lake district canary"]Being a season ticket holder doesn''t necessarily  make you a better fan.[/quote]Point us to where someone said it did Lakey. [^o)]

I''m not surprised. I fully expected it. Season ticket holders come from all over the country. If it had been a Friday night I think even less would have claimed there seats.

Oh and Lakey, some of the come even further than you 20 odd times a season...

Not a question of being a better fan as circumstances dictate sometimes, but as a season ticket holder you are guaranteed a ticket, and with a number of way of guaranteeing your ticket just surprised the number that haven''t!!

I''ve not seen - how many non-takers were there? I''d have thought the vast majority were taken but it''s inevitable that some wouldn''t be

The op said "what excuse did they have for not going" which suggests some kind of accusation towards them. I was just responding to that.  Imo season ticket holders are only human - if they want to go badly enough they''ll find a way to do it, given their preferential status - if they don''t, it doesn''t make them worse than anyone else - it just shows that being a season ticket holder does not neccesarily make you any better.  I''m also well aware that people travel hugely to get to plenty of games, Nutty, much more than I could ever do - and that is great too. If less season ticket holders have been able to get it together to buy their ticket, then that leaves the way open for plenty who wouldn''t otherwise be able to go.  I can''t go because of work committements, but plenty will. Good luck to all of them, season ticket holders or not. One thing is for sure - the ground will be full, regardless.

[quote user="Foreveryella"]Anybody else surprised by the number of season ticket holders who have not purchased their seat for what is the biggest game in many a fans life time?

Have you got a figure for how many season ticket holders that have not purchased their ticket?There would be several thousand tickets available over and above those reserved for season ticket holders.

Agreed Lakey, and as I said last week its good that more tickets will be available to others. At least ST holders haven''t been trying to cash in on their priveledge. Although I did see one being hawked on here last week. These tickets should only ever change hands for £25.

[quote user="Foreveryella"]Very shocked.

My reason is that I''m off on a pre-booked holiday on friday.I put too much faith in getting an auto spot.

I know of two that can''t go because of family circumstances, and if certain things do not alter, then 3 more will become available again (already bought)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I would offer to do your report but if I take a slow stroll to the ground I''ll miss the match....[/quote]You need to start earlier or miss out on the piss up in the Nelson bar.[:)]

[/quote]

How many was it then as I noticed that the Club website said an EXTREMELY limited number of tickets would be on sale from 9am this morning which is the first day since unclaimed season ticket holders seats came into play ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"] I''m not surprised. I fully expected it. Season ticket holders come from all over the country. If it had been a Friday night I think even less would have claimed there seats.

Oh and Lakey, some of the come even further than you 20 odd times a season... [/quote]

Some people gave hassle on here that I couldn''t make the Friday night game against Boro from here in Hull. The same would have been had Ipswich been a Friday night.

Some people also on here will probably also give me grief i''ve paid my £25 and shall be getting the 5:50 train from Hull so I can get to the Coach & Horses for breakfast.

Either way I can''t wait!

Is there really a need to point out that everyone''s cicumstances (from jobs/cash/family/bereavements etc etc) vary greatly, and can change at very short notice, and necessitate that all good plans to attend a football match may, just may, have to be cancelled?

Oh, I''ve just done it

I''ll be there (God willing) and couldn''t be happier if EVERY City fan who wants a ticket, can get one , AND attend, but this isn''t a perfect World

CTID

I think you''ll find a fair few of our fellow supporters work in the offshore industry etc. and unable to change shift/roter.

Or at least that was my excuse until i mysteriously managed to contract Ebola whilst working in Norway just in time for the play-offs, recovered dramatically before relapsing just in time for the final.... honest ;)

Indeed Congo! Though I will be turning down a weeks work, if we get to Wembley, no way I''m missing that!

My son is a season ticket holder and can''t go due to the kick off time of 12.15. He can''t even change shifts as it''s 7-2 or 2-9 and would need to allow for travel etc.

I expect a lot of fans may have booked holidays etc or feel the extra £25/£15 per ticket if there is a family is too much to pay over their season ticket price.

I''ve got my ticket and can''t wait, if a little nervous. Now IF we get to the final I''m in a predicament...my daighter''s baby is due that day and if she hasn''t had it before that date, she''s being induced on that Monday!

I had assumed that nearly all season ticket holders would have taken up their seats, but reading this makes me realise how difficult I may be for some people, especially getting into the holiday season.

For some people football is just a "part" of their life.

I''ll be there on Saturday but it''s certainly not the biggest game of my lifetime, as it guarantee''s nothing other than a Wembley appearance?

[quote user="Lewis Esquire"]£500 quid is a huge amount of money for a season ticket - some people have to save up for that - not everyone has £25 to just throw around willy-nilly. Yes, it''s a big game, but it''s not worth going worth personal financial issues.

I''m going to the game, but if it had been £30+ I wouldn''t have. It''s on the telly! I could drink and eat the finest food for that, rather than sit on a tacky plastic seat. I''m starting to question why I bothered paying £25 now...[/quote]

If the feel that strong about sitting on a tacky plastic seat in the famous Carrow road for £25 for the biggest game in 30 years.

Maybe you should consider never going again and never to speak of Norwich City again

I''m one of those season ticket holders who can''t make the play off game. I''ve been a season ticket holder since 1985 and would not dream of missing such a game, but fact is im on holiday at the moment!

When booking in January, giving the option of missing either the final day of the regular season, potential play off semis or potential play off final, I opted for the middle choice!!

There was no way in hell I would want to miss the slim chance (as it was back inJan) of missing the chance to see Norwich play at Wembley - I''ve been waiting all my life for that opportunity, having been too young to attend the Milk Cup Final.

So all in all, I settled for a Turkish bar to watch last Saturday and will do the same this week. Remember that others may be on holiday too as not everyone could have pre planned a play off semi when booking their hols many months ago, especially if you value your relationship with the other half, otherwise I''d have been cancelling any potential holiday throughout the whole of May!!!!

Maybe I''m missing something here but don''t people consult the fixture list before booking a holiday, especially one that could be taken anytime ?I accept that there are some people who don''t have an easy choice of dates due to work, family committments, pressure from OH''s, etc,etc, but there do seem to be a lot of people who didn''t bother checking and now find themselves potentially missing out on seeing us run out at Wembley.Or was it they thought that with the club having '' scoured Europe '' to unearth Neil Adams it wouldn''t matter as a top two place was a shoo-in ? [;)]