Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

A few returned tickets still available...

Just spoken to the ticket office. There are a few tickets still available dotted around the ground so anyone who missed out in the debacle when they first went on sale better get on the phone ASAP !

There was no debacle IMO - with limited supply, the club obviously did what it considered best. That people decided not to use the internet link that was widely promoted is not the club''s fault; it is an issue for all clubs though, that you are having telephone/internet/traditional face-to-face sales going on all at the same time, on a live system.

I just picked up a ticket in the N & P thanks to this post on here - cheers for the heads up folks :). Didn''t think I''d be able to go due to the death of my Dad but I''ll now be back in Norwich whilst we clear out his place. Not the way I wanted time off work to get back home but something to look forward to now. OTBC

@Alex - Sorry for your loss my friend.

My Dad passed away a few years ago, I kept his season ticket running after he passed in his memory. Was lovely to sit where he used too & talk to the people around him, made things a little easier for me. Hope you''re coping ok, or at least as well as you can at this time.

Thoughts are with you & your family.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There was no debacle IMO - with limited supply, the club obviously did what it considered best. That people decided not to use the internet link that was widely promoted is not the club''s fault; it is an issue for all clubs though, that you are having telephone/internet/traditional face-to-face sales going on all at the same time, on a live system.[/quote]

Well, what happened to me was that at 10am sharp I logged onto the club website and clicked through to the ticketing area where I got the screen which told me I was in a queue so not to close the browser. That screen never went anywhere. I didn''t look at anything else on the internet because I thought I might lose my place in the queue on that web page. So I only heard about the way to get directly to the ticketing page later on (by then, that page of the website had crashed).

At the same time I phone the ticket office but was unable to even get into the queue, calls being rejected. I phoned repeatedly and finally about 11am I got into the phone queue at number 79. About 12 o''clock I actually got through to speak to someone and at that point all home tickets had gone. Fortunately I was able to get an away ticket.

I think the club made various mistakes, of which the worst were to have both home and away legs for sale simultaneously, not making away tickets available to people in order of their number of away points (with a cut-off for applications of say Monday afternoon this would have given people plenty of time to apply), and for the home tickets there should have been a ballot for members running for a few days, which there was also plenty of time for.

As it happens I''m very happy to have ended up with a ticket in the Snakepit, I guess most people imagined there would be very few tickets not take up by season ticket holders, which would be snapped up as soon as they went on sale.

Given that we normally sell out for home games, and we''d sold out our away allocation for Rotherham as the previous game, I think the club should''ve been better prepared.

[quote user="Alex "]I just picked up a ticket in the N & P thanks to this post on here - cheers for the heads up folks :). Didn''t think I''d be able to go due to the death of my Dad but I''ll now be back in Norwich whilst we clear out his place. Not the way I wanted time off work to get back home but something to look forward to now. OTBC[/quote]

Alex, thanks and glad you were able to get a ticket, sorry to hear about your Dad. This does put everything into perspective - I''m mildly irritated that the club didn''t deal with the ticketing for these games very well, but in the big picture it''s not important.

Sorry to hear about your Dad Alex, I''m sure you''ll have a moment or two ''with'' him, on Saturday. With the emotion of the occasion, and what you are going through, it''ll be a hell of a day for you whatever.

Thanks for the kind words Ady, ICF and Crabby. I think one of my biggest disappointments or rather regrets is that he just couldn''t hang on long enough to see this, but I''m confident the lads will put on a performance that will do him, and all of our fine supporters, proud. If anybodies around for a beer beforehand please let me know, I certainly won''t be downbeat, infact I''ll be the opposite right from the moment I leave Dorset at 3am Saturday morning, there''s nothing like coming back home even if this time it coincides with the ups and downs of life - I know it maybe sounds strange but NCFC really does help in keeping your chin up, or that''s what I''m finding anyway. OTBC

Thanks for the ''heads up'' as truth be told I really didn''t think there would be much of a chance getting one for my lad on his Priority Membership.

Got pretty much straight through to the Ticket Office as well which was a bit if a surprise.

Alex, my condolences as well. I''m travelling up to the game with my Dad on Friday, and we''re having a bit of a debacle about timings etc (I live in Derby and am travelling 2 hours in the wrong direction on Friday night to Worcester to travel back in the opposite direction again). I was getting a bit annoyed with the whole situation and considering just sacking the idea off and getting the train up on Saturday morning, but your post has given me a clear perspective on it. I will deal with the hassle and sort it one way or another so I can travel up with him.

I sincerely hope we give the scum a good kicking, and do all of us, especially your Dad, proud.

Alex, he''ll have the best seats in the house to watch it now I''m sure.

My brother is attending the game as I sadly cannot make it, but I will certainly be raising a glass to your Dad, and hopefully toasting to a Norwich victory!

Hope your journey is a safe one on Saturday, and if you need a chat or anything just drop me a PM or something. Happy to have a chat with another Norwich supporter & can certainly lend an ear if you just need to talk.

Keep your chin up soldier.

Cheers Ady - I really appreciate those kind words mate, means a lot :). Shame you can''t get to the game pal, I''ll double up support on your behalf, and hopefully see you at Wembley?

And thanks KIO, again kind words mate and I''m pleased that in the very least what I''m experiencing can be of some influence to ensuring you make the effort to go with your old man - never waste those opportunities, trust me - your return home sounds more complicated than mine but rest assured, it''ll be worth every bit of hassle, I''m quietly confident we''ll be giving them down the road another kicking and it won''t be the nip and tuck game that many are predicting :) OTBC