Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Ipswich Away Points Is A Lottery And Not A Guarantee.

spartacus"Never mind Til i''m sure mcnally will sort you out now you''ve had a good bleat to his inbox "

I do hope no favouritism is shown as it brings the whole system into disrepute.😄

[quote user="Hector Prune "]Tilly at the best of times our clubs web site is a bit ropey I didn''t want to take the chance of it going down.

Stood for best part of 2 hours in the rain but got a ticket. Will do the same if we get to Wembley.

Lesson is if you can get down to the carra that is the best bet having the paper in your hands straight away[/quote]You''ve made a reasonable point. They say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, and with our club''s propensity to mess things up it would have been wise to have taken no chances.

Calling Inspector Tilson

You''ve gone very quiet on this thread as the OP.

Just intrigued to know which pub you will be watching the game in on Saturday John as you clearly didn''t get a ticket for the match due to the ''unfair allocation''. Please enlighten me?

i am pretty sure if the OP had been successful he wouldn''t give a fig about the fairness of the system i know i wouldn''t

I think we can guess the reason for TIL999''s sudden silence on the post he started so passionately last Sunday can''t we? - let''s just assume he no longer gives a fig about the fairness of the system now he and his pals have presumably been sorted. I''m alright Jack?

I can confirm OP was at the away game as spotted by myself.

So the question has to be asked. If the tickets were sold out. Did he sit in the home end. Or were some favours cashed in?

Basically the OP PM''d DM and they had a LOVE IN. Til and his cronies were ALL sorted in the away end hence why he went very QT on this thread all of a sudden.

Within an instant the ''unfairness'' of the allocation was completely forgotten about as ''Jack'' realised "I''m alright".

[quote user="ruthers1"]Calling Inspector Tilson

You''ve gone very quiet on this thread as the OP.

Just intrigued to know which pub you will be watching the game in on Saturday John as you clearly didn''t get a ticket for the match due to the ''unfair allocation''. Please enlighten me?[/quote][quote user="ruthers1"]i am pretty sure if the OP had been successful he

wouldn''t give a fig about the fairness of the system i know i wouldn''t

I think we can guess the reason for TIL999''s sudden silence on the post

he started so passionately last Sunday can''t we? - let''s just assume he

no longer gives a fig about the fairness of the system now he and his

pals have presumably been sorted. I''m alright Jack?[/quote][quote user="ruthers1"]Basically the OP PM''d DM and they had a LOVE IN.

Til and his cronies were ALL sorted in the away end hence why he went

very QT on this thread all of a sudden.

Within an instant the ''unfairness'' of the allocation was completely

forgotten about as ''Jack'' realised "I''m alright".[/quote]You seemed very concerned about these tickets Ruth. Everyone knows where Tilly drinks on matchdays, why not pop in and ask him yourself on Saturday?

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lol. If I didn''t already know the answer I might consider it.[/quote][:D] If you already knew the answer, why keep asking the question?Is it love.....or just infatuation? [U]

[quote user="ruthers1"]Lol. If I didn''t already know the answer I might consider it.[/quote]

You are a million miles from the true answer so keep on digging a hole.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Basically the OP PM''d DM and they had a LOVE IN. Til and his cronies were ALL sorted in the away end hence why he went very QT on this thread all of a sudden. Within an instant the ''unfairness'' of the allocation was completely forgotten about as ''Jack'' realised "I''m alright".[/quote]

Wrong again as no not ''ALL'' got a ticket. There is a reason why I did not post further but I will leave you to post why, if you know that is. [;)]

Word on the street is that OP created such a fuss when he and his seven mates couldn''t get tickets, that, a few days later, the club suddenly miraculously conjured up tickets to cater for him and his still ticket less mates.

Obviously, the deal had to be kept under wraps, hence the radio silence.

I''m sure that the credibility of this ode will be challenged, if only on the basis that no one will ever believe that the OP actually has seven mates!

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Word on the street is that OP created such a fuss when he and his seven mates couldn''t get tickets, that, a few days later, the club suddenly miraculously conjured up tickets to cater for him and his still ticket less mates.

Obviously, the deal had to be kept under wraps, hence the radio silence.

I''m sure that the credibility of this ode will be challenged, if only on the basis that no one will ever believe that the OP actually has seven mates![/quote]
Welcome to the board Ivor.
That''s quite a first post!!

At least, with a play-off final ticket allocation of 38,888, and with season ticket holders plus priority members guaranteed a seat each there should be no problems for the OP and his mates to get a seat and no need to call in any favours from the club.

[quote user="Ivor Know"]At least, with a play-off final ticket allocation of 38,888, and with season ticket holders plus priority members guaranteed a seat each there should be no problems for the OP and his mates to get a seat and no need to call in any favours from the club.[/quote]

Delighted. I''ll give Tilly the nod then.

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Word on the street is that OP created such a fuss when he and his seven mates couldn''t get tickets, that, a few days later, the club suddenly miraculously conjured up tickets to cater for him and his still ticket less mates. Obviously, the deal had to be kept under wraps, hence the radio silence. I''m sure that the credibility of this ode will be challenged, if only on the basis that no one will ever believe that the OP actually has seven mates![/quote]

Way off the mark but yes I did get some but not all of the tickets my season ticket holding mates with in excess of the 1400 points required. Funny how I know of several other people who I was made aware of that found themselves in the same boat on that Sunday got tickets before me which turned out to be Thursday afternoon.

Children in V1, V2 and E with parents were moved to the family Area which released a large number of tickets to accommodate adults on a waiting list of which myself was one. Had adults with kids booked seats in the family area to start with I am told by someone at the club ( and no it was not McNally) the problem would not have arisen in the first place.

There you have it but hey I am sure that will not satisfy your agenda.

If the explanation was that simple (hardly a reason for your continued secrecy) why didn''t you reply on that basis sooner when first asked? Unless, of course, either you wanted to show the club in a poor light, when they''d gone out of their way to help you, plus others in a similar situation, or was the question too difficult for you to understand?

The fact remains that the Ipswich family area has a shared entrance and facilities with the home supporters, plus the view isn''t great, hence two reasons why many families would rather pay the extra for the better view from the upper tier.

Why should I have to explain myself to the like of anonymous posters in you and Ruthers who merely are carrying out an agenda hiding behind your laptop under some username and an obvious multiple account holding. Maybe i should have done that back in 2008 when i registered.