Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

On the Pitch?

It seems like there might be a bit of a crackdown on pitch invasions following recent incidents - a load of fighting after Swindon v Sheff Utd (finished 5-5!) and the Chesterfield guy v Preston. Does seem a shame, there should be room for fans to celebrate on the pitch, but obviously within limits

I''ve never been a fan of it, particularly as nothing has really been achieved when a team has only won a play-off SEMI final. Brentford fans even did it when they got into the play-offs.Saying that, I think it''s a pretty safe bet that our fans will pour onto the pitch on Saturday should we emerge victorious. I daresay a chunk of the away support may attempt to do the same if the worst happens and they beat us...

[quote user="thas a rummun"]I''ve never been a fan of it, particularly as nothing has really been achieved when a team has only won a play-off SEMI final. Brentford fans even did it when they got into the play-offs.Saying that, I think it''s a pretty safe bet that our fans will pour onto the pitch on Saturday should we emerge victorious. I daresay a chunk of the away support may attempt to do the same if the worst happens and they beat us...[/quote]

"I daresay a chunk of the away support may attempt to do the same if the worst happens"

I dare them...........I can''t imagine that the Barclay & snakepit would stand by and watch that going on in front of them

Happens nearly everywhere....not at Carrow rd though....its not allowed and we do as we are told

Posted this elsewhere but as i''m sure everyone will agree well worth copying and pasting for your reading pleasure once again. There will be no pitch invasion that''s for sure. If you think otherwise you clearly haven''t been following very long. The Norfolk type who infiltrate the stands at Carrow Road are far too timid and reserved to dare even contemplate such an act. I imagine anyone who enters the pitch will be booed off and labelled hooligans by the NFN''S. I also imagine, if we do emerge victorious, almost every neutral across the country will be shaking their heads in disbelief that a set of supporters whose team has just reached Wembley by beating their fiercest rivals are celebrating by politely clapping and waving scarfs in their alloted seats. Still I await the inevitable comments (excuses) on how pitch invasions are ''tinpot'' or better yet ''ruin the pitch''/ ''we might get banning order''s'' etc.

Pitch invasions stopped years ago when the club PA system announced that the end of season parade lap by the players would not take place if fans encroached onto the playing area.

Also  just remember you get banned for life for throwing your season ticket at the manager. [;)]

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Posted this elsewhere but as i''m sure everyone will agree well worth copying and pasting for your reading pleasure once again. There will be no pitch invasion that''s for sure. If you think otherwise you clearly haven''t been following very long. The Norfolk type who infiltrate the stands at Carrow Road are far too timid and reserved to dare even contemplate such an act. I imagine anyone who enters the pitch will be booed off and labelled hooligans by the NFN''S. I also imagine, if we do emerge victorious, almost every neutral across the country will be shaking their heads in disbelief that a set of supporters whose team has just reached Wembley by beating their fiercest rivals are celebrating by politely clapping and waving scarfs in their alloted seats. Still I await the inevitable comments (excuses) on how pitch invasions are ''tinpot'' or better yet ''ruin the pitch''/ ''we might get banning order''s'' etc.[/quote]

This

We''re just a bit boring aren''t we. If the PA says stay off, we will all sit politely in our seats and clap.

I think we just lack the number of younger fans to start a pitch invasion. We''re rather prawn sandwich

The irony is that the older generation did plenty of pitch invasions in their day. Its the current crop of mummy''s boys who let us down staying in their seats munching their shrimp paste buttys! ;)

Portsmouth away made sense because we actually up, winning a play off semi final when you''d still have another game to win is pointless!

Hardly pointless when its to mark beating the sc*m in the biggest local derby in living memory to get to Wembley for the first time in 30 years.

If our fans do not attempt to get on the pitch we''d be pretty much the only club in England where the fans did not.

No doubt the authorities will be hot on it due to the recent incidents and because of the tension with it being a derby match but i hope if we win the club lets us on.

That said I fully expect a warning pre-game that anyone going on the picth will be banned and most of our fans are so dull they will probably boo like they did last time.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]most of our fans are so dull.....[/quote]Bit of a sweeping statement there Jim.Are you one of the few rabble rousers who holler and bawl for the full ninety minutes?Simply just another dull fan like the ones you are whining about?Or (most likely) a plastic who criticises real fans from behind your keyboard?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jim Smith"]most of our fans are so dull.....[/quote]Bit of a sweeping statement there Jim.Are you one of the few rabble rousers who holler and bawl for the full ninety minutes?Simply just another dull fan like the ones you are whining about?Or (most likely) a plastic who criticises real fans from behind your keyboard?[/quote]Will YOU be invading the pitch on Saturday Jim?

As our minimum expectation this season was to reach the play offs to have ran on after the Fulham game would have been a little silly.

Beating the binners always should warrant it but we have beaten them so many times recently that even that doesn''t feel quite right.

Reaching a final and a Wembley final to boot yes, but then there is still work to be done isn''t there? Going onto the pitch to celebrate reaching it can appear that we are happy with that achievement alone. I for one am not.

Personally I wanted, like everyone else I trust, for this season to end in promotion and that is certainly worthy of a pitch celebration AKA at Pompey and I was on the pitch as soon as possible that wonderful night.

Therefore I''m undecided as to what I will do right now.

It might depend on the nature of the victory in the end I suppose. A clear lead throughout most of the game or a last gasp winner like 85 might make many including myself change what they do.

I''m going to vault onto the pitch from the blankets. You namby pamby wusses, mummy''s boys and Jim Smiths can join me if yon have the bottle. In fact, if it''s raining I''m going on before the game to recreate the atmosphere of Watford in ''72....

;)

I''ll have to start running during the next few hours as it''s quite a gallop from New Jersey. As other posters who have interfaced with me since 2003 will know, I actually run on water. My legs will be pumping so hard that, by the time I hit Carrow Road, they won''t be able to stop, so it''s definitely pitch invasion for me.

Pitch invasions just mean the players have to get off rather than celebrate with the fans. No one does it in European Finals or Domestic Cup Finals.

Did enjoy the one at Crewe though - Iwans last game of the Championship winning season. I think Crewe had stayed up that season and it was all good natured.

"A message from Norwich City and the police

NORWICH CITY and the police are looking forward to a special and

passionate atmosphere being generated by fans attending the Sky Bet

Championship Play-off Semi-Final, 2nd Leg at Carrow Road on Saturday.

However, fans are reminded that encroachment on the pitch or perimeter

track is not permitted at any time, before, during or after the game.

This is for the safety of both sets of players and supporters of all

ages inside the stadium. Encroachment is an arrestable offence and could

lead to a Football Banning Order as well as an indefinite club ban.

In addition the Club obviously wishes to avoid the possibility of a

massive fine for failing to control supporters, such as that handed out

by the FA to Aston Villa this week. The co-operation of all supporters

is greatly appreciated by your club.

Read more at

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-ipswich-town-pitch-encroachment-2458099.aspx#dhfjEkKJpsqDTK2Y.99

This is the one thing that kind of winds me up about pitch invasions. They''re supposed to be spontaneous. They''re not supposed to be pre-planned. This isn''t some protest. The times I''ve done it the emotion was too much and you just ran and hugged everyone in sight. You don''t sit there planning it in advance! (unless you''re a streaker)

Jesus christ, every club comes out with this guff, it''s protocol. The difference is supporters of virtually every other club up and down the land realise this and enjoy their moment regardless as we''ve seen this week, 4 home teams make it to Wembley, 4 joyous pitch invasions. And i''m pretty certain if ''Boro finish the job tonight we will see 5 out of 5. Unfortunately i fully expect the wet lily livered NFN''S who attend Carrow Road to be the odd one''s out as per usual. As we can see supporters on here are making up the excuses already.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jim Smith"]most of our fans are so dull.....[/quote]Bit of a sweeping statement there Jim.Are you one of the few rabble rousers who holler and bawl for the full ninety minutes?Simply just another dull fan like the ones you are whining about?Or (most likely) a plastic who criticises real fans from behind your keyboard?[/quote]

Yes I do holler and bawl for the full 90 minutes Lappin. There are probably about 4000 out of 26,000 who do lost weeks. Tomorrow will be different and I expect the whole ground to be up for it but the fact is most of our fans are very placid and will not invade the pitch, especially if they have been told by the club not to. I ran on at Portsmouth and it was a great celebration. The away fans are more of a like minded bunch. When we went up from league 1 and people ran on rather than join in the majority of the ground booed.

Our support in general "does as its told" more than most. Of course that''s not generally a bad thing but a little celebratory pitch invasion from time to time is also nothing to be ashamed of.

Well it must be something to do with you younger shrimp paste sarnie munching mummy''s boys Jim. Because us bovril and blanket brigade have got all the badges and tshirts from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

[;)]

I''ll hold those crutches and help you over Nutty.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]I''ll hold those crutches and help you over Nutty.[/quote]

He will be just fine once he chucks away his blanket Inchy. [:P]